It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

At least one other person asked me if I would post my letter for others to see, and I told them no, I prefer that others write their own thoughts and not crib mine.

However, the summary point in my letter is that most explorers agree they'd like Cyan to get more funding. It doesn't really matter whether you want more story, more Ages, more puzzles, or more cherry pie. It all requires money. I expect that will be a common thread, a rallying cry of our letters.

I will continue to add peoples' names to the beginning post as people communicate to me that they're writing letters.

Post subject: Count me in!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:14 pm 

I will be sending a letter in the next couple of days, as soon as I buy envelopes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:59 pm 

I just wrote my letter (on pink stationery - how anti-email is that?)! Now if I only had a stamp ... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

That signature disturbs, shimmerillion :) I hope that you find a stamp soon. And remember that the first class postal rate for regular letters in the US is now 41 cents. :)

I hope that more people will write letters. These don't have to be handwritten... type them up as you would an e-mail, only instead of hitting "Send", hit "Print." Sign and place in envelope with adequate postage. :)

And please, anyone, let me know if you're writing a letter so I can add you to the list in the first post.

PS: Several persons have asked about writing to Cyan directly. In case you would like to send a letter to Cyan, here is their address:

Cyan Worlds, Inc.
14617 Newport Highway
Mead, Washington 99021-9378

This information is available from Cyan Worlds' Jobs page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:08 am 

I hope that both the people who are happy AND the ones that are NOT happy take the time to write... don't just vent your frustrations (or praise, whichever way you are inclined) in this forum... please... WRITE and hit that print button!!! Don't take anything sittin' down, WRITE and tell 'm what you want for the future!!! :D:D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:34 pm 

I'm writing a letter tonight, Marten. Please add me to your list.

And thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is a lot of hype being bandied about, and a lot of expectations are being raised for the Season Finale of Myst Online this year. The direction the story is headed has been made clear during the last episode, "Deception." Take a little time to think beyond, to next year. Write down your thoughts - do you like the direction the game is going? Or do you want something different, and if so, what do you want? Send your thoughts to GameTap and to Cyan. The address is in the first post of this thread.

Let me know when you've sent your letter and I'll add your name to the list; it's not too late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:19 pm 

I have made a different move at Gametap.

My yearly subscription was due at the end of October so I phoned
them and asked for my subscription to be suspended temporarily,
until the next MOUL season.

I told them my reasons (unhappy with the unknown length of the break).

They did prolong my subscription until Dec 1, in case I would change my mind.

I am hoping they will get the message about more funding for Cyan..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:46 pm 

I did, the same thing Arctic_Wagon, but my subscription runs out a little later towards the end of November. Gave me an extension until January. I pretty much gave them the same concerns about the unknown length of the break. I told them I would be happy to renew if I had some definitive idea to what was going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

For those of you calling to cancel, do bear in mind that a lot of people signed up on a special promo half-off annual rate last year, so if you cancel and then sign back up again later, you're not going to have the same deal again.

KI#76914
Moderator for the Official Gametap Forums

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:55 pm 

Well I didn't get in on that deal, so it really won't change for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Canceling or suspending accounts sends a message, but it's a very blunt and imprecise message. Neither approach communicates what you really want out of MOUL. I'm urging a letter campaign not to merely say "We love MOUL" or "We don't like MOUL as it is now", but rather, to clarify to GameTap what our expectations are.

Until now, I have resisted posting my own letter because I want to encourage everyone to put their own thoughts on paper. I've also been concerned that what I wrote might be viewed somewhat controversially here. However, perhaps it is time for a small excerpt.
Marten wrote:
I feel that through this first season, Cyan has attempted diligently to please everyone that has supported them for so long; for the next season, to bring more growth to Myst Online, I hope that Cyan and GameTap will focus more on what it will take to make this game appeal to a wider audience, and worry less about preconceived notions among the fans. Improve the new user experience and polish the user interface so that new players do not quickly give up. Fulfill Cyan's vision to keep players interested for the long term.

"Hardcore" fans will disagree on what Myst Online should be. Don't worry about that. Especially do not worry about fans who want the game to be "my way or no way at all." The true supporters will stay with the game. Focus on your new players. Who is staying, who is leaving, and why? I believe the answers will make your path clear.

Do you agree with what I've said? If so, write to GameTap to express your support.
Do you disagree? Write to GameTap to counter it.

Manage your expectations. Don't sit on your hands when given the opportunity to express what you want, then complain later if MOUL isn't what you dreamed it would be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:10 pm 

Marten wrote:
Canceling or suspending accounts sends a message, but it's a very blunt and imprecise message.

It would have been imprecise if if the Gametap representative would not have asked me why I was temporarilly cancelling my account.

But they did ask about my view and did listen to what I said.

Maybe this is why they extended my subscription for free until Dec 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:05 am 
Obduction Backer

They extended your subscription hoping you'll either change your mind, forget to cancel when their extension is up, or decide not to cancel when they announce the next season start because you think it would be silly to cancel it for a month (or 2).

PLEASE - I definitely agree with Marten. Take the time to write the letter also. Letters make a difference. Lots of times no one listens to the phone people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Does that mean I can put your name down as writing a letter, ces?
8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next