It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Whilyam wrote:
We should be loud and annoying (and I know we do that well) or things won't get done.

Okay, let's get it all together in one place and make it easier for Cyan and the MFE (Mysterious Former Employee) to see just how desperate we are to get Uru back or at least hear some news.

RULES: No demands, threats or statements about why they should do this or that. No debating. Just keep it to straightforward begging, pleading, and minor whining. You may include reasons why you are suffering without Uru (dying of boredom, spouse left because of your whining, lost your job because you can't concentrate, etc.)

Keep in mind that you can catch more Bahro with a Yeesha than an Esher and consider keeping it upbeat by stating what you're looking forward to having again when Uru returns (community, exploring, continuing the story, pellet dropping, etc.).

You may include offers of bribes. Suggestions: pizza, ice cream, Twinkies, Spam, first born child.

For some of you, it may just be easier to post a list of links to all your other posts in which you have already begged, pleaded, whined and/or calmly stated your case.

Okay, have fun and remember to plead nicely. :wink:

Edit: removed a word that was accidentally repeated.

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:17 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I have an entire website with an arsenal of tools and there are amazing people there at the ready all devoted to open source Uru projects. We need purpose.

I'll pay the MFE a whopping $20 bill, tax free, for completing the work. Or if you are real busy, I'll pay the amount equalling the annual operating costs of my website. I'll throw in an adorable little kitten if you'd like, all vetted. I'll just need your address. PM me. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:10 pm 

Cyan, please hurry! My free trial subscription to EVE has expired and my free trial subscription to Guild Wars has only a few hours left! If you delay any longer I'll be forced to sign up for a free trial subscription to World of Warcraft!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:15 pm 

Cyan, the sooner you get URU up and running, the sooner we can help you all out! I have a few awesome ages that I'd love to see online!

Plus, I have a muffin for whoever gets Uru running first! :D

KI#46415
KI#80658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Pleeeeeeeease?!

/me makes big puppy dog eyes at Cyan.

I will send chocolate.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
(in a horrible attempt to imitate Sting)
"I want my... I want my U-R-U....
I want my... I want my U-R-U...."

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

That ain't workin', THAT'S the way you do it! D'ni for nothin' and the links for free!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

There really are manymany groups of people and individuals who have worked veryvery hard developing skills and technology - all dedicated to this one purpose. I can't even count the offers of assistance that have been proposed in the forms of time and money .

To get this thing rolling, who do I have to....uh, offer a S'more to?
(...only slightly used!)

Thanks, Tai'lahr...was that whiny enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please hurry up! I arrived on the scene too late to even play Uru to begin with! I'm going crazy waiting for my chance to finally see what it was all about and feed my obsession with the Myst storyline. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:30 pm 

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease hurry up with URU! If you do there is a 99.9999% chance i bombard you with cheese! Everybody loves cheese!! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:48 pm 

Rehmihro wrote:
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease hurry up with URU! If you do there is a 99.9999% chance i bombard you with cheese! Everybody loves cheese!! :o

Only if it's "Real Wisconsin Cheese" :wink:

I'll throw in some chocolate, peanut butter M & M cookies.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:01 pm 

I had to laugh when I saw the title of this thread, nice one Tai. It had me in a daydream with me on my knees being dragged about by Rand. As he gently tapped me on the head with a book I held on to his leg pleading. Only to realise I was imploring the wrong person. I awoke to find my wife tapping me on the head, snapping me out from a trance like state. At least Rand could be happy to know I won’t be going to the Mysterium this year.

Anyway I won’t beg, plead and harangue Cyan all I want is to be online again................................please can we, can we please. Oh pleeeeeese can we, soon. Whoever you are please I implore you to do your best so we can back with like minded people. Grovel, grovel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:37 am 

Well, I've never had the opportunity to play an Uru game, much less MOUL, so all I can really say is, I'm quite content with the current state of affairs, it's nice to meet and talk with other Myst fans, but I originally joined the forums so I could see the online game, I was invited by a fan and friend now on Facebook.
So my request is simple, I'm happy to wait longer than most because I've not had the plaesure of playing the game, it is the promise of what is it come and the ability to create my own ages that makes me a little restless. So in your own time please submit the open source and allow the caverns to breath again, to teath (sp) with life once more. By your own admission, 'the ending has not yet been written.' In truth, the ending can never truely be written until all matters are resolved and loose ends tied.
So resolve what is left to be resolved and let the time pass freely, but do not forget, a global eye we may be, I am a patient man, sitting in front of the gate, as each stranger comes and goes, I wait for the keyholder to rifle through his keys, find the right one and unlock the world I have yet to, and long to fully discover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:31 pm 

As I recall back at GameTap after the announcement their was such over whelming support for Uru Live, that even though we did not get them to keep Uru live open we did get 10 extra days AND a refund from a company with a no refund policy if you called up and canceled.

what happened ?? everybody give up already so soon???
A whole community is depending on you guys!

Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would like a pony. Thank you.