It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Frustrations with Pods
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:35 pm 

I'm starting to think this whole method of creating waiting puzzles is still a bad idea.

Every single time I've tried to get into the portal in either Negilahn or Dereno, I either miss it by five minutes because I couldn't be on all day, or the portal opens in the wee hours of the morning when I'm sleeping.

I still don't have any stones from either Ages. I know there was some sort of portal calculator recently posted here. Does anyone know if it was accurate? Is there any way to calculate when the next portal opening should be? I feel completely left out, just because I can't spend 4+ hours on the game waiting for the portal.

It was easier to know when the portal was going to open when everyone was talking about it. But now that the excitement has died down, I can't find anyone who knows when it will open. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:40 pm 

Yes I found this Portal Calculator (written by Andreas) to be accurate to 15mins give or take (before or after the estimated time).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:41 pm 

Use the calculator it works for the portals(not sure about the animals.)
http://members.chello.at/andreas.jurend ... ulator.htm

There could be a little delay though. I get my portals 8 minutes later but at least they are there.

"When you want your message out in the cavern, use the Guild of Messengers."

Andros KI: #265443 Kalypso Ki: #5962956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:02 pm 

I too have a frustration with the "pods", but it goes a little deeper.

Somehow, there is more.....

"noise" buttons, light switches, D'ni numbers on what seem to be latches, a story of People going out of the pods and hunting, solar battery powered, hmmmm........

I know that most think that the "portals" are all that there is .... but after some of the diabolical puzzles i have seen it seems there may be something being myst... um, i mean missed.

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:20 pm 

Soup_Fork wrote:
I too have a frustration with the "pods", but it goes a little deeper.

Somehow, there is more.....

...I know that most think that the "portals" are all that there is .... but after some of the diabolical puzzles i have seen it seems there may be something being myst... um, i mean missed.

OK pure sepeculation on my part - look on your Relto book shelf. The first four ages of the Yeesha Journey have five books. They are in their own section. There is another section that contains the Neighborhood book, the Nexus book, and the brown City book - hmmm two slots in this section still empty - something for the future maybe?

Anyhoo - we now have two pod books yet they are in a section with four slots - soooo what could that imply? And look at the spines of the books themselves. And look at the picture posted in the Game News/Coming Soon section above.

Just speculations gained from reading other threads in General discussion and Gameplay Discussion - do with them what you will.

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:27 pm 

you missed the point.

of course there are four Pod Ages! i do not think that is a mystery to anyone .

I believe the implication is the "portals" are not the only thing in the pods

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:30 pm 

Perhaps that significance won't be revealed until "all" of the pod ages are released then. I would give it more time.

I feel your pain about the timings though. For both Neg and Der I had to wait up until after midnight to get through. The first couple of time for Neg though the server seized up on me and I waited in blackness for 20 minutes...felt like a big waste of time. Plus I was tired from staying up late. Some of us have to work for a living you know and have a life outside of the Cavern.

As a matter of pure speculation...anyone have any theories as to what the numbers on the next two pod hatches will be?

-Anonymous-

Post subject: ok some help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:12 pm 

First off the calculators posted here are really close as for the portal times. The animal sighting times arent that good I rarely see them within the times posted. What I do is this:

The animals basically show up in 2 sets first time say 8am then second showing is 2 hours or so later for urwin so say 10am. Then from that time the next showing is 22 hours. So here is the basic schedule if ya want to see a Urin in the next few days.

March 15th times were 10:05am and 12:30 am
March 16th times were 9am and 11:30 am
March 17th times were 8am and 10:30 am
March 18th times were 7 am and 9:30 am
March 19th times were 6am and 8:30 am
March 20th times were 5am and 7:30 am

see the basic pattern? These times were central USA and all but 2 were verified the Monkey times I haven't attempted to lock down yet but its also a pattern. These times aren't typed down exact but are within 5-8 minutes of actual sighting.

Estimated times for March 23rd - 31
Mar 23 2am & 4:30 am
Mar 24 1am & 3:30 am
Mar 25 12:00 (midnight) & 2:30 am
Mar 26 11pm & 1:30am
Mar 27 10pm & 12:30am
Mar 28 9pm & 11:30pm
Mar 29 8pm & 10:30pm
Mar 30 7pm & 9:30pm
Mar 29 6pm & 8:30pm
Mar 30 5pm & 7:30pm
Mar 31 4pm & 6:30pm

These times are GM-5 or central USA (normally gm-6 but daylight savings)

Make sure to show up 20 min early and the Urwin appears in the top right window if facing the crack in roof and walks thru 3 windows before exiting.
I have seen 2 - 4 urwins at the posted times and checked 3 pods they were the same. Usually the urwin showed in one then in each of the others almost immediately.

I hope this helps, if the times are off a littel I appologize this is an experiment in progress but so far its working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:24 pm 

Location: In the dark, behind you. With the glowsticks in my nose.
the animal sightings are not to be used to see animals. They're just times that people HAVE seen them at so we can predict their habits. Not when they WILL appear.

Thats the one thing i think needs to be fixed with that calculator imo. Its a good feature but its always mistaken for what it is supposed to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:21 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

We have several threads now running regarding the pods, so I'll direct you to This Discussion and close this topic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]