It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've not done Tsogal or Delin, either. I hadn't done them before the Crash. In fact, during the Gametap days I only completed those ages just before the shutdown.

I least look forward to solving Minkata, but that is my favorite of the MOUL ages. I understand completely how it is done, having experience with Map and Compass from my Boy Scout days, so it is not hard to figure out; I just do not want to fool with it. I will have to break down and solve it in increments. I don't want to resort to a walkthough.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:12 am 

Tweek wrote:
Least favorite to play through? Eder Delin and Eder Tsogahl. I love those Ages (Tsogahl is one of my favorites) but I hate having to try and find people to do a door run. Thus far those are the only Ages I still haven't completed since the data wipe last year.

Ask after an All Guilds Meeting. We usually have tons of people there. Would be a fun way to finish the day. :D

Also, my favorite Age is Eder Delin. Door puzzle with pleasant scenery? Yes please!

Least favorite? Tetsonot pod in the Pod Age. Not only is there nothing to do besides the portal, that place is just spooky. :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:49 am 

Shorah!

I know this thread is dated, I know I already posted to this thread, but..

I have new 'disliked' Age(s) or better word The Garden Ages; Bahro Door puzzles!
Why you ask? Because you need like 9 Explorers in the cavern and then they 'ALL'
would have to be willing to help you with this multi-player puzzle Oh and 1 explorer
would have to know how to read the door, 'Door Caller' person.

It is the only 'Next to Impossible' things to get in the whole cavern!
If all the bells an whistles were all still implemented an working in the cavern
you would need these 2 Bahro Doors to advance farther in the game.*

- Q; how hard would it be to make the doors single player?
I visualize you pressing the main door button, then you would have to write the combo down
on paper or memorize it, then on the 2nd revolution you would then have to run around
pressing the pads/cloths of the combo, apon a right pad press you will hear a bahro screem
and chatter followed by the doors already existing sound, each correct pad the bahro get louder!
A wrong pad pressed, you will hear no Bahro screem and you have to reset the Door and start over with a new code.
There is a time limit but no one knows how long or short it is. :wink:

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:28 am 

My least favorite is a tie between Eder Gira and Gahreesen. Eder Gira isn't much fun to play because the puzzles are tedious and the basket jumping is wonky, and Gahreesen pretty much has one puzzle in the entire age.

Favorite age is Kadish Tolesa. It's beautiful, and if you already have the solutions it's a breeze.

Also, you can do the garden doors with two people. Renzey and I did both doors ourselves.

(edit: this is just my opinion on how fun the ages are to REPLAY, not how fun they are to VISIT and EXPLORE.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:03 pm 

Minkata. I refuse to return to that Age and the only way I could possibly solve it was by cheating. I spent at least 3 days trying to figure out how to start solving the puzzle before I looked it up, when all other puzzles I just sat there after 2 minutes wondering how the puzzles weren't harder.

However, I could walk around in Kadish Tolesa and the Great Zero all day and night. So beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:51 am 

Tweek wrote:
Least favorite to play through? Eder Delin and Eder Tsogahl. I love those Ages (Tsogahl is one of my favorites) but I hate having to try and find people to do a door run. Thus far those are the only Ages I still haven't completed since the data wipe last year.

I 100% AGREE! I wonder if theres anything that could be done to make it easier for
fewer explorers, say like make it possible for 3 explorers to open the bahro doors in
the garden ages instead of 7 to 9 explorers :? :wink:

[could maybe set up a few bots in bahro skins? or not to help with the door openings?]

So actually the 2 Garden age Bahro Doors R the most difficult to obtain in the game.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 am 

VoiZod wrote:
I wonder if theres anything that could be done to make it easier for
fewer explorers, say like make it possible for 3 explorers to open the bahro doors in
the garden ages instead of 7 to 9 explorers :? :wink:

It is possible with a little persistence and the right door combination. I've done it with as few as two players.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Then again, the whole point of door runs is to do them with a group. I understand the challenge of opening the door with fewer people, but I don’t think we need a cheat mode :wink: .

KI #46116 Image Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
MacOS wrappers, D’ni Notes, DniTools, goodies