It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:24 am 

This is probably the fifth time I've had to negotiate the City and the GZMs. While I enjoy doing it and it's fun, I would prefer to mute the text and voice conversations in the City so I can keep my KI open and find those markers, without external intrusions. Is there any way to mute chat while still keeping my KI open?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:39 am 
Obduction Backer

There are a couple of difficult ways (putting all citizens in your Ignore folder, etc) but the real easy way is to search for markers in your much more private Hood City - same Markers, same places, - nobody home except for a rare Neighbor.
The Private City is available only to your Neighbors (usually 25 or less people) - and is normally empty. It is accessed NOT from the Nexus but from the brown City Book on your Relto shelf. This book may also has several hard to visit City rooftops, balconies, and other sites that pesky markers like to hide in.
If you are brand new you may not have the brown Private City book. In that case, go to your Hood (Blue Book) and use the Bahro Stone a nice Bahro left you in the book room. Then you'll appear in the tunnel under the huge stalagmite in the middle of the Takotah Plaza.
One disadvantage, you will not be able to use the Nexus Stations to link between city locations - you'll have to do lots of running.
The other disadvantage is that no one will be around to give you a hint.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Can also try dragging your KI to the bottom right corner of the screen. The age chat will still be displayed but it will be off to the right of the screen hidden from view.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:13 am 

This reminds me of why I love this game so much. Everyone is SUPER helpful. I'm not really "new," but I AM new to this newest incarnation of the beloved game. So there's stuff that is different, for sure. Thank you to all of you who have posted suggestions and work-arounds. I'm sure I'll get it, and I'll be more active in the forums when I get my core game completed.

If you see me in the City, say howdy, eh?

Shorah all!