It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:29 pm 

I reached the point in Ercana where you need another player. I got myself in the location to be able to see the symbols on the wall. My friend dropped the pellet, the wall lit up and when I went to take a pic with my KI, it wouldn't take the shot. Thinking it was only my KI we switched places but he encountered the same issue. I checked the walkthrough and my pellet was made correctly. Can anyone shed some light on this?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:57 pm 

If you have a windows version that has paint you need to press "screen print" key / reduce the game with the "windows key /
and then open Paint applicationm / and use it's paint tab "paste" / click paste " and if you have a good result / save the image in your Pictures tab.

Another way is to use a free screen print like Gadwin
https://gadwin-printscreen.en.uptodown. ... load/48799

and free Irfan imager editor (and + its pluginaddons)
(to be able to fix the colors(enhance))
http://www.irfanview.com/

Good luck :wink:

P.S.
For unknown reasons to me, the Ki image if not working in this instance, :cry:

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:02 pm 

I used my cell phone and took the picture. Now I am out of pellets so I went in search of the pellet control room but for the life of me, I can not find my way back. Is there a way back? If so could someone direct me there? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:10 pm 

lspace wrote:
I used my cell phone and took the picture. Now I am out of pellets so I went in search of the pellet control room but for the life of me, I can not find my way back. Is there a way back? If so could someone direct me there? Thanks.

You use the Ercanna book /page last marker touch / corridor entrance near the pellet machine
[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Uru Live all Youtube videos walkthrough / suggest you start at # 1....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjnA7Ur ... 645037C768

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

The problem is that the pellet cave isn't allowed to make a KI Folder, so taking a picture gives it nowhere to be sorted to.

The only way you can get a KI picture in the pellet cave is if you take the picture while you are linking out, then it gets placed into the Relto folder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:36 pm 

Artic_Wagon wrote:
lspace wrote:

You use the Ercanna book /page last marker touch / corridor entrance near the pellet machine

That corridor is blocked by a rock and a cone. Despite several tries I can't jump over it. Should I keep trying?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:40 pm 

Ehren wrote:
The problem is that the pellet cave isn't allowed to make a KI Folder, so taking a picture gives it nowhere to be sorted to.

The only way you can get a KI picture in the pellet cave is if you take the picture while you are linking out, then it gets placed into the Relto folder.

So I guess if you can't take a picture, you write them down? Not a whole lot of time to be able to do that.

I checked the walkthrough and it says to use the KI to take a picture. Perhaps at one time you could do this but I guess not now.

Last edited by lspace on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 pm 

lspace wrote:
Artic_Wagon wrote:
lspace wrote:

That corridor is blocked by a rock and a cone. Despite several tries I can't jump over it. Should I keep trying?

:lol: You have to go all the way around and click the rock from the other side and do not forget to touch the last marker on the wall.

See the Er'canna pellet factory video at 05:00 min for big spoilers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1qpX2Qaqeo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:39 pm 

That corridor is blocked by a rock and a cone. Despite several tries I can't jump over it. Should I keep trying?[/quote]
:lol: You have to go all the way around and click the rock from the other side and do not forget to touch the last marker on the wall.

See the Er'canna pellet factory video at 05:00 min for big spoilers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1qpX2Qaqeo[/quote

I was already on the other side. Didn't realize the rock was clickable. It's the little things that hold you up, eh? Thank you for getting me started again. I should now be able to make more pellets.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:16 pm 

I am not sure why people with Windows (Vista and later) are not using the Snipping Tool built into Windows. One of the first things I do on a new Windows install adds the Snipping Tool to the taskbar.

This is one of the better screen capture utilities available. In Windows 10 they added a delay feature. It allows me to do a screen grab 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 seconds after I trigger the capture. I can then right-click, Alt-click, open menus, and do other things that are hard to capture.

I also use the free OBS to capture in-game video and stream to YouTube Gaming. It also does screen grabs.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 pm 

Nalates wrote:
I am not sure why people with Windows (Vista and later) are not using the Snipping Tool built into Windows. One of the first things I do on a new Windows install adds the Snipping Tool to the taskbar...

Hi Nalates.
It is not so evident on how to us "snipping tool". I have search goodle for a tutorial on how to use it inside a game but no luck so far. :oops:

P.S.
Outside a game its ok :!:
For pellet drops, Print screen / reduce the game to the task bar / paste in Paint / save as is easier for me. I am a slow learner. :mrgreen:

Btw,
it is possible to include a picture in Word Pad.
Made a copy of a picture in Paint / "select all" in Paint /right click the picture and copy / and it can pasted in Word Pad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:45 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

The Snipping Tool probably can't be used if you run the game full screen, but is OK when the game is in a window. I've never actually tried using it with MO:ULa as I have FRAPS anyway, and screen grabs are easy in that.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:06 pm 

When I run full screen in Win10 the Task Bar still shows. So, put an icon for Snip on the taskbar or type snip in the Cortina or Ask Me Anything or Search Windows window, depending on how you have setup Windows.

To add the Snipping Tool to the Task Bar, before running Myst, open the Snipping Tool. An icon will appear in the Task Bar. Right-click it and select pin to taskbar. It will remain after the Tool is closed. The Icon will launch the Tool.

FRAPS was great. But, it sucks on Win10. I find it glitchy and the video is way j e r k y (word filter got me) with my i5-6600 @4.1GHz and GTX1060-6GB. OBS does a better job. Example: https://youtu.be/fLKbPeFyW7E?t=2m0s I have the SL Viewer at Full Screen and OBS is in game-window capture mode. So, my Windows taksbar is not showing.

OBS does not have a screen grab. It records or streams video. So, I use Snip for my stills.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:25 pm 

I have Win. 7 64bit ultimate and the task bar does not show when playing a game. So mote it be. :shock:

Allah is good but Windows Paint is better. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:48 pm 

I suggest you open the Snipping Tool and right-click to pin it to the taskbar. Then right-click the new icon, right-click the Snipping Tool item in the menu and select properties. You'll see a field for a shortcut key. Decide what key combination you want to use and enter it.

Now even when running full screen you can pull up the Tool.