It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi all.

I have taken over (at least temporarily) the community management duties from GreyDragon. He is currently on vacation (something about a train ride back to the homeland).
For those of you who do not know me, I am the CTO at Cyan, essentially the guy in charge of the technical side of Cyan. I am one of the old timers at Cyan. Rand hired me back in Jan. 1995 (as I like to say, I've worked with everyone that has ever worked at Cyan except Chuck Carter. Heh)

I know that Cyan's policy on User Created Content seems conflicted at the moment but we have to keep the same policy (as strange as this may sound) as if MystOnline:UruLive was still running because the agreements that are in place are still in force.

So, we may approve some user created content but have left you no legal way to actually make that content. Yes, we are aware of that. And we hope to get that changed in the future. But for now, please respect this forum's policy about not discussing "hacks", "reverse engineering", etc. of Cyan's products or about tools that are derived from that manner. This forum's mods will gladly point you to other forums.

Also, don't be expecting a straight answer from me when saying "Chogon, Chogon, Chogon. I have a great idea that will save MystOnline." I don't doubt that you have a great idea and I will listen to them. But at the moment Cyan can't do anything different until the agreement with GameTap has changed or expires.

One last thing. I know there has been a lot discussion on the forum about "what killed MystOnline" and a lot of other criticisms about the game and Cyan. And frankly, I can't disagree with a lot of them (I can't agree with all of them though ;-) Discussion is good. For me, I like to think about why did UruLive come back a second time. Because in there is something that could bring it back a third time. One thing I do know, is that the community was a large part of that.

Thanks for everyone's support!
Mark "Chogon" DeForest

(I'll repost this in the General area for discussion)

Last edited by Chogon on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.