It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:04 am 

I am getting this just after accepting the user agreement, I uninstalled and reinstalled but keep getting this, any ideas?

UruLive.Live.1.918.OpenUru=138 - External.Release
Exception type: Breakpoint (or sometimes it says Access Violation)
Call stack (14 levels):

I have deleted & reinstalled UruLive dozens of times the last few weeks & keep getting the same results...

However when I load a copy of Urulive on my other 2 Macs & UruLive works just fine with no error messages...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:44 am 
Obduction Backer

what you can try is to move the game folder out of program files and also, start as admin if not done...

come back here if it still does the same

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Reading between the lines, and although it wasn't expressly stated, I'm guessing this is being seen on a Mac, not a PC, so the Windows UAC tricks probably aren't going help the OP here.

We could do with a system description and probably a Mac user needs to chime in with suggestions.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:41 am 

Stack Errors occurs on:

MacBook 2015
Processor 1.2 GHz Intel Core M
Memory 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD 5300 1536 MB
macOS Sierra

MacAir 2010
Processor 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce320M 256 MB
macOS Sierra

(Note: On the MacAir 2010 I deleted my operating system yesterday & URU Online stacker problem disappeared. However this is a painful way to fix the problem)

iMac 2010
Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5670 512
macOS Sierra

(Note: URU Online stacker problem appeared & then disappeared. I have no idea why it disappeared.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 am 
Obduction Backer

It could be helpful to know what the OP is playing the game with: Cider, Wineskin, PlayOnMac, plain Wine, something else?

KI #46116 Image Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
MacOS wrappers, D’ni Notes, DniTools, goodies

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 pm 

Hi,

I am using Cider...

woolie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:48 am 
Obduction Backer

A possible cause is that the status server is currently down (red dot in my signature), which made older versions of the client crash.

That would also explain why reinstalls don’t work but other copies do. Have you tried copying the Uru Live app that works to the Macs where it doesn’t?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:10 pm 

korovev wrote:
A possible cause is that the status server is currently down (red dot in my signature), which made older versions of the client crash.
Assuming that the client is recently downloaded then that should no longer be an issue, as the latest client now tolerates the support webserver being offline.

I don't know a whole lot about running MO:ULa on a Mac, but I'd be partly inclined to suspect that the use of the on-chip Intel HD graphics may be a factor. Historically, some Intel graphics just didn't work at all, and even more recent ones seem not to support all the features that Uru uses.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
Assuming that the client is recently downloaded then that should no longer be an issue, as the latest client now tolerates the support webserver being offline.
woolie mentioned deleting & reinstalling, though. Wrappers usually skip the installer and use (an old version of) UruLauncher.exe to download the rest of the data files; even the ones I made still have the early 1.918 version.*

The working client should indeed be fully updated. So I would still try again once the status server is back. If it really is the GPU, then we can’t help with that :(

* I’ll see to update them, but I don’t currently have a Mac at hand, so I’ll need a tester to check that the zipped file still work :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 pm 

Yeah, but woolie also mentioned that the stack dump occurs after accepting the EULA, and that happens after logging in to the client, meaning urulauncher has already done its stuff. And it's just after that when the client tries to open the graphics window.
Could DirectX be missing?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:21 pm 

To get around my stacker issues, I loaded the game on a thumb drive and plug that into my 3 Macs...
Currently playing URU Live on 2 of my 3 Macs using this method so I am able to play the game... The stacker issue still periodically crashes my games but I am able to reboot the game & continue... On my 3rd MAC refuses to reboot URU and goes straight to the stacker error message... I will at some point erase the hard & then reload URU Live... Thanks so much for trying to solve this issue...