It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Just to let you know that the ready made Wine Wrapper linked to in the original post no longer works in High Sierra. You are unable to change the "Other options" and untick the GPU option as you get a "permissions" error when you try.

Also, the Cider wrapper (on my machine) is also broken by High Sierra with problems with the cursor being unable to access the whole screen in fullscreen mode. This makes the Relto book unavailable during play and gets worse if you try and change the screen resolutions in game to the point where you may not be able to click the "Explore" button and get into the game at all.

I have been able to make a new Wine Wrapper that DOES work.
This uses the Wrapper 2.6.2 and Engine 1.5.2.1. You must UNTICK the GPU option in screen settings (I actually unticked all options). You can speed up things by copying the Url Live folder from your old Cider install to this new wrapper. You will also need to run the PhysiX installer via wine.

It may be worth making a new thread for installation on High Sierra as this thread is now so long and also, presumably, the GPU option is required on earlier versions of MacOSX.

and ...

uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod uɐɔ l 'sǝʎ

Ki # : 02037973

Last edited by boblishman on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Unfortunately I won’t be able to repackage my wrappers until the end of the month, so feel free to share your wrapper. An advantage of this thread vs a new one is that this one is pinned; as soon as I can I’ll update the OP with a note about High Sierra.

KI #46116 Image Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
MacOS wrappers, D’ni Notes, DniTools, goodies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

It appears that the old Gametap Cider wrapper is broken in fullscreen mode in High Sierra.

Apparently, according to Stone's post here, if you press cmd+return you will leave fullscreen and be switched to windowed mode .... which seems to continue to to work properly with regards to the cursor.

I have no idea how to share my new Wineskin Wrapper ... but I hope the instructions in my post above will enable anyone who wants to play fullscreen on a Mac to make their own or they can play windowed - until you update your Wine wrapper in the initial post.

and ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

EDIT: FIXED. After several machine restarts (and logging into my second user account) the problem has gone and everything is working. I'll leave this here though for anyone having similar issues.

It gets worse ... with today's (7th October 2017) release of "High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Upgrade".

:roll:

I have posted HERE what the (new) problems are.

I have been trying fo 2 hours to find a fix .... but no joy. :x

No Fan-Ages for me then ... until someone finds a 'cure'.

and ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I’ve updated the OP with a link to the above post. Unfortunately at the moment that’s all I can do :x .

Note that currently the Wineskin forum is flooded with posts about this issue, so the developer is well aware of it.

Cider I think is no longer actively developed, so if High Sierra broke it, this might be the end of it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:42 am 

Hi!
Cider seems to work for me and High Sierra. I have had a problem for a very long time where in windowed mode the window sits to high and the top half is hidden and it can't be moved. But I have ignored this. In full screen it works and has continued to work since the update that solved the clothing issue. I recently got me a small second hand macbook air to have metal compatibility in xcode (that my old and rather heavy book pro did not and cider works on that too.) So far I'm hanging in there :)
f.y.i

Frej

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rudolfson wrote:
Hi!
I have had a problem for a very long time where in windowed mode the window sits to high and the top half is hidden and it can't be moved.
Frej

Hi, Frej
I had that same problem, but I needed to find a solution as I have to play in windowed mode when we are filming so I can access things like Skype. Eventually I discovered a solution online. (This definitely works—I have it on a stickie on my desktop in case I forget!)

1) Select the Apple Menu, then choose “System Preferences…” > “Displays“.
2) Ensure “Scaled” is selected under “Resolution“.
3) Choose any other setting. This should force the window for the application back on the screen where you can drag it to a safe place.
4) Change the resolution setting back to the desired setting.

Cheers, Nora

Member of MystiTech Productions

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 pm 

Thanks! It works!
:)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just to let you know that I have updated my "Step-by-step Beginners Guide" (with screenshots) to creating a brand new wrapper specifically for High Sierra 10.13.1 ... and it now includes installing the correct PhysX that is included with the MOULa download.

The link is in my original post

and ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:59 am 
Obduction Backer

korovev...... Oh dear, your Cider wrapper (that is available for download here) does not run under High Sierra. :cry:

I am trying to help someone with a 2016 macBook to set up MOULa but she is having nightmare sound problems (in all Ages, everywhere) with Wineskin - so I downloaded the Cider Wrapper - that you updated (1st Nov 2017) - and tried to run it but I get this:

Obviously, my hard drive is NOT full and the cider wrapper is stopping UruLauncher.exe from creating new files....

Any ideas how to fix this?

and ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Likely related to this issue (more details here). I’ll look into it, but there’s probably little I can do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tried resetting the file permissions (including sub folders) to read and write but no joy.

Instead, I downloaded Anita's dmg version which works flawlessly, "out of the box" and downloaded all the files from the MOULa server.

I do however seem to have found a workaround (on my machine anyway) for the Cider Wrapper (Anita's dmg version) to run with full cursor control.

You start the game, cmd+return to get to windowed mode, then in the game's graphic options move the slider to the far right. This makes the game the same resolution as your screen (native). Then return to Uru and cmd+return back into fullscreen.

This works on my machine and I'm waiting for the person I'm trying to help to try it on her machine to see if it works. Hopefully it will because she has no sound problems with the Cider wrapper.

and ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

The wrapper has troubles updating UruLauncher.exe; try replacing it with one from any working wrapper. Or try the new one.

boblishman wrote:
I do however seem to have found a workaround (on my machine anyway) for the Cider Wrapper (Anita's dmg version) to run with full cursor control.
Yes, that’s what I suggested a while ago here :wink: .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

nope... the new one has the same problem ... and the wrapper still doesn't work with a new (working copy) of UruLauncher.exe
( I copied the one from my working MOULa)

and ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

As usual, it’s working for me, so I have no idea what’s going on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7