It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Guild of Healers has gotten moving in recent weeks. Perhaps it was motion sideways, backways, or someotherways, (we’re not sure) but we’ve started moving, and that’s what was important. Without going into the entire story here, I’ll say simply that as soon as we gathered in our webside chatroom we realized in toto that something vital to the restoration of the guild was missing. It wasn’t information regarding the Guild’s D’ni history, although having so little of that has made defining our identity rather, er, difficult. No, that vital something was the people, the community. No surprise there, I expect.

There are some activities that do well in 2D. The activities of this particular guild need three (or more) dimensions. Why that is so we weren’t able to say at the time, beyond the strong feeling that we knew it was so. But the truth is that we knew it in toto and we were then primed to do something about it. When Tai’lahr invited us to think about Second Life, (after the collective gasps) the lasting reservation was really my own. The Guild is a D’ni Guild and is rooted in the Cavern. Never mind that we’re trying to follow in the footsteps of 1. an intolerant, prejudiced fellow so unhelpful to Ti’anna that current guild members won’t identify with him, and 2. guild members who must have been immersed in the most sensitive areas of the whole D’ni community yet left us no records of any of their medicines, materials, ingredients or methods – no, nevermind those (minor?) obstacles… we were going to make something of this tiny guild.

After some ado, we decided that a temporary space in Second Life couldn’t hurt anyone and it would give us a place to meet. So an outreach group explored that possibility; their decision was that it was viable. After two weeks of fussing, taking crash courses in moving maga-prims, terraforming, and object slicing and dicing, we set up an Outreach Retreat on the Eder D’uru Island. Many, many thanks to Tai’lahr and Dagda for hours of help.

Since the Retreat wasn’t quite ready, we hosted the June 13 Silk Road Event on the Eder D’uru Mall Roof. D’niJ Ktahdn, creator of the event, played beautiful and fitting music while taking us on a journey from east to west along the ancient silk road on the surface. The event was very nice and quite well attended. A few joined us in our public community 2D chatroom, which will be open for all events such as this one. Importantly, many folks left the event feeling better. Huzzah! In conjunction with the physical Retreat, we also set up a SL Outreach Retreat group through which we can share information and announcements. The notices for that group reflect those on our forum and here on MOUL.

Since the outreach team set up the retreat the ideas have begun to flow. We are beginning to talk about what the guild is, what being in the guild means, and the types of activities we can do to involve the community. What we do seems to help define who we are, so we are planning more large-scale events and small-scale Retreat meditations. Kneb and Tai’lahr mentioned a “Healing Uru” community and worlds-wide type of activity during Mysterium -- discussions about that have begun on the Guild of Healers’ Forum.

It has been a very busy time, but loads of fun. The best thing about it is that guild members have realized these types of events will easily migrate back into the Cavern once it is open again. I myself have designed much of the retreat, which has taught me what we need (and don’t need) when it is time to settle in our own Age. So we are taking advantage of the Retreat to build on our ideas, establish our identity, and keep searching for historical information regarding the Guild. Our little guild membership is now growing – a good sign that we might be doing something helpful.

We’ll post here as there are updates and news. Feel free to join us on our forums or in the Retreat. You are most welcome!

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

A wee update

The GoH has continued to develop and to search for clues to our history. We haven't found much history, but we've realized a few things. For example, it is most likely that members of the guild would have made use of the natural resources available in various ages for medicines, tonics, and other remedies, either at all times or at least until they synthesized something more efficient. They may well have applied music and art therapy as well. This last is simply speculation, but it is my belief that the D'ni were aware that harmonics, melody, tone, color, and the spectrums of light and sound (perhaps just one spectrum) affected members of their society. We can't know how that effect took place physiologically, but the notion that it did gives us something to work with in the present.

We've begun holding simple meditation sessions in the Outreach Retreat. These focus on relaxation through breathing and some visualizations related to the theme of the session. Right now the theme is balance and self-healing through breathing. There is music, of course. The sessions seem to be helpful, and it is nice to see new faces each week. I'm working on ways to broadcast live voice over music, but I haven't found anything yet that will allow me to do that without first recording it. Any suggestions are welcome, as I would like others to join us from outside the Retreat if they would like. These sessions and other GoH activites are designed to migrate back to the Cavern when the door opens again. I look forward to that day!

In the meantime the GoH and Radio KTDN have plans to hold joint events. We may also partner with Harmonic Hilarity, Inc, although Murphy's colleague, Snaffoo, has caused a snag in the fabric of Hilarity's Plans Best Woven. Nevertheless, we wander on, following the break in the trees whenever we see one that looks passable. I've experimented with Healing Tonic recipes -- so far the Laughing Tonic seems to be the most popular. ;)

Post subject: Another wee update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Guild of Healers' forum is undergoing heavy maintenance today. It should return to normal within 12 hours (if I am clever enough, which is often in doubt. :) )

okay.... so far so good.... Healers' forum is back up... Let me know if you have any technical issues with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:34 pm 

Was wondering if anything new has developed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Was wondering if anything new has developed.

Appears to have 'scabbed' over at this point...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
The Guild of Healers hasn't been stagnating, just too busy to document our activities. ;)

In May, the guild set up an outreach group in Second Life, created a retreat and began holding regular weekly meditations there.
In June, the guild hosted the Silk Road Event in SL and celebrated the Radio KTDN Fourth Anniversary (not an official healers event, but most of the members were in attendance).
July and August were sort of spent settling in, discussing stuff and making plans... :wink:
In September, the guild hosted the first Ride for Joy on the ferries in Eder D'Uru.
In October, held the second one, a Joyride in Devokan.
In November, the guild moved its SL retreat to a nice green outdoorsy sim and has been busy settling in and making plans for a Winter Solstice Celebration this Sunday, December 20th.
All the while, continuing to hold the regular weekly meditations every Sunday morning, starting at 10:45 am Pacific time (lasting about 40 minutes) at the D'ni Healers Guild Outreach Retreat - all are welcome to attend.

In hopes of keeping everyone in and out of SL better informed of guild activities there, Ghaelen recently sent out this
[spoiler=Announcement]The Guild of Healers Retreat has taken shape nicely over the last several months. The Meditation Circle is prepared, the canoe and leaf boat wait for passengers, a crackling fire warms the lodge against the cold outside, Pat the bunny hops you will come to play, and the workshop is nearly ready for a festive winter gathering.

Our merry band has grown as has the size and scope of our activites. It is for this reason I am very happy to announce that Tailahr has accepted the role of Creative Idea Communicator Extraordinnair. Along with the meditation announcements from me, you can begin to expect communications from Tai regarding community-wide events, updates on the Retreat, and general information we'd like everyone to know (like when Jane's feel-good brownies are ready to eat).

If you have an idea for an event, you'd like to become more involved in the healers, or you would just like to know more about us, feel free to contact Tailahr or myself. You can also ask any member in SL about joining the healers group or register on our website http://www.guildofhealers.net and post your interest there.

See you very soon!
Ghaelen[/spoiler]
We are still very interested in discovering the history of the original D'ni Guild of Healers, but that is obviously going to require much research which is time that most of our members just don't have to spare at this time. If anyone is interested in assisting in this area, please contact me or Ghaelen.

Respectfully submitted,
Tai'lahr, Creative Idea Communicator Extraordinnair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:52 am 
Obduction Backer

The Guild of Healers has set up a new neighborhood home for anyone who needs a relaxing place to unwind.

We've been holding meditations in another location, but as the Cavern is reopen again, we will migrate back to our first love and home.

Stay tuned for events, dates, times and locations. This Sunday's meditation will be in the Cavern, and will Welcome the Uru Community home. It will begin in the Guild of Healers' Neighborhood (here called a Bevin) and may move to Delin. We aren't certain. It begins at noon Cavern time (2 pm EST).

I suspect a Circles in Tsogal is coming in the near future. :) Possibly a Dance for Joy in Delin? A Celebration in the City? A Megameditation in Minkata? An Effervescent & Enthusiastic Event in Ercana? Grinning in Gahreesen? The Radio KTDN Kindness Koncerts in Kadish, or Kemo?

/faintsfromtoomuchexcitement

The possibilities are now endless. That end, you know, that one that hasn't really ever existed. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Guild of Healers is currently holding meditations every Sunday, starting at Noon cavern time in the hood's Eder Delin. These are led by ghaelen in voice and last about 40 minutes. Learn to breathe deep and relax.

All are welcome to attend, but it's best to request an invitation to the hood in advance. (The hood is open to the public, but we don't toggle it on the nexus.) If you're interested, you can post your KI # here or send it to me in a PM.

For those not registered to the forum, you can send a KI mail to me (#7601) or ghaelen (#24037) in the cavern with your request. (Please don't PM ghaelen once the meditations have started.)

We may move the meditations around to other ages in the future, so once you get on our invite list, we can notify you of changes and send new invitations. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:48 am 
Obduction Backer

I have been experiencing increasing technical difficulties when journeying to the Cavern. I find myself linked back to the surface unexpectedly, and see a strange CTD or Net6 message on my KI. Some of our meditation attendees are having trouble hearing voice as well. I haven't had time to figure out how to skirt these issues, so for now the guided meditations will be held at our Second Life Retreat. I apologize to those who do not have an SL account, but the problems have been rather too disruptive to make a relaxing meditation possible. When RL settles down for me and I can figure out fixes for my issues, we'll hold the meditations in the Cavern once again.

Meditations are held on Sundays at 11:30am SL time (Pacific Time) This is a slight time change so we can enjoy the sunset and sunrise.
The Healer's Retreat is located here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Serene%20Woodland/200/67/27

See you soon
Ghaelen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 am 
Obduction Backer

The Guild of Healers has quietly continued to conduct activities in the Outreach Retreat. I myself have finally worked my way past the strange messages on my KI and, with the help of a new interface (laptop) am no longer kept from the Cavern.

Huzzah!

I hope to return to the GoH Hood for some new activities in the Cavern. There are some ideas circulating on our forum, and in the next week or two we should have something definitive. While our history remains shadowed and unknown, we are discovering possibilities in our present as well as ways to be involved with the explorer community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 am 
Obduction Backer

The GoH is currently working on brining two activities to the Cavern. Neither are completely set or scheduled quite yet. However, we do know something about them:

One will involve a facilitating a time and place where explorers can come to share concerns, grief, or anxieties over illness, family, self, friends, career, etc. with others who, in turn, share their compassion and support. We hope to make this a regular activity as new crises occur even as existing ones find solutions.

The other will involve visiting ages with the intention of engaging in some type of healing technique to benefit both the Age (including its history) and the explorer community.

Some wonderful ideas that are assisting in the development of the second activity are [url=http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23878[/i]in this thread.[/url]

As soon as these are ready we will post updates -- hopefully in late February or early March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey Ghaelen, I'm really looking forward to attending and supporting these new events in the cavern. Until then, I'd like to remind everyone that your weekly meditations are still taking place every Sunday, starting at 12:30 KI time (11:30 am Pacific; 2:30 pm Eastern) and, thanks to Ashtar's generosity, are now being broadcast through the Healers Radio Station on Shoutcast. Everyone is still welcome to join us at the Healers Retreat in SL where they can listen in via the land server. And, for anyone who's interested, here's an Update on the D'ni Healers' Outreach Retreat in Second Life...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Hey Ghaelen, I'm really looking forward to attending and supporting these new events in the cavern. Until then, I'd like to remind everyone that your weekly meditations are still taking place every Sunday, starting at 12:30 KI time (11:30 am Pacific; 2:30 pm Eastern) and, thanks to Ashtar's generosity, are now being broadcast through the Healers Radio Station on Shoutcast. Everyone is still welcome to join us at the Healers Retreat in SL where they can listen in via the land server. And, for anyone who's interested, here's an Update on the D'ni Healers' Outreach Retreat in Second Life...

That's a wonderful summary, Tai, thank you for posting that.

The meditations are also about to morph gently and quietly to include an In-Cavern series of Healing gatherings.

There is a discussion going on over at the Guild of Healers forum, and the details will be posted here on the MOUL forum later this weekend.

The event is a series of Compassion & Caring Assemblies. You are welcome to add your feedback or ideas; if you aren't registered, registration is open but on approval. (spam, oh, spam, you are ever our companion...) I will try to watch for new registrations, but if you aren't approved quickly, please pm me here.

This Sunday's meditation is at the usual place and time, per Tai's post above. If necessary, on Sunday, March 6th we'll just have two events until we make the full transition to the bi-monthly schedule. :)

PS. This is not yet the event I asked about in the question regarding your thoughts on healing ages. That event should take shape later on in March (depending on my next newest schedule). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sometimes we're just so busy doing that it's hard to find the time for reporting. Time to catch up!

Currently, the Guild of Healers is hosting two regular bi-monthly events:

The first and third Sunday of every month, a Compassion & Caring Assembly is held in the Guild of Healers' Eder Delin.

The second and fourth Sunday of every month, a meditation is held at the Healers Retreat in SL.

Both events begin at 14:00 KI time (8pm GMT) and are broadcast on our Shoutcast Station: http://healersradio.hopto.org (Even if you can't attend the event, you can tune in to listen to some lovely music and Ghaelen's soothing voice.)

What's New? Yesterday, Ghaelen held the first Soaking up the Age Vibes event, hosted by Jane in her Eder Gira. By all indications, it was a great success, so it will probably become a semi-regular event.

Also new is that we have new in-cavern neighbors! Welcome to Ashiren (Renegade here) and Narameh! :D

In the works are two events being planned for June, both of which are things we've done before and love doing, but don't do very often, so they're very special to us. The first one is a "Ride for Joy" on Saturday, June 11th at the Healers Retreat in SL (sorry, but mechanics of the event require that it be held there), time and other details to be announced. The second event is purely musical, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 18th, and will probably be held both in cavern and in SL, maybe concurrently or maybe in succession. Details to be announced. Watch the Cavern Events section for announcements.

For more information about the guild, previews of upcoming events, and to participate in discussions, visit The Guild of Healers website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

As our membership grows and our events continue, our forum seems also to become more popular to spammers. We've had such a rash of gmail spam registrations I've had to add it to the ban list. Only for registration, however, not for existing (or future) accounts that are legitimate. Members can still post as usual.

If you have tried to register at the GoH forum unsuccessfully, please pm me here.(or in SL; Ghaelen Winnikow). I try to log in here at least every few days. You can also catch me in the Cavern on the 2nd & 4th Sundays of the month before or after the C&C Assembly, Thanks in advance for your patience, and my apologies in advance for the inconvenience.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]