It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 am 

Marcus Wheeler wrote:
Shorah and Good Day to all of you out there.

As Jishin posted previously in the D'ni University thread, over at the GoMa we came up with the idea of having people visit Kirel for a day and allow explorers to come, visit and see the Guilds in motion. The ability for new players and old ones who had yet to delve into the Guilds see what they have done, still do and hope to do in the future may help to ease the questions some have and perhaps create a greater unity in the Cavern.

It is from this that I ask every Guild, official and unofficial, every Club, every Fan Group and all those who wish to share their commonalities and differences to take part in a bi-monthly "Interest Weekend" in Kirel from now until the foreseeable future. Whether this turns out to be weekly, bi-monthly or even monthly has yet to be decided on (my personal opinion falls around bi-monthly or simply once a month, but aside from that), yet regardless of the regularity, it's been felt that it would be nice if there was a feeling that the Guilds were showing an interest not only in open progress but also in simply connecting with explorers and giving them the chance to speak and learn from eachother in a relaxed environment.

The idea for the first interest meeting is that it will be held next weekend ( the weekend of March 27-28 ) throughout all hours of the two days. The notion is that Guilds and Clubs will meet in Kirel at any point in the day, gather around certain locations and then speak with anyone who shows interest in their groups. Even if people simply want to show their presence, this is an idea that I think would be enjoyable not only for the Guilds, but in the future for groups or clubs that want to get their message out without having to awkwardly go from person to person, and know from the get-go who's interested in what they have to say.

Again, this is completely optional for any and all of the Guilds, but it's intended that the Guild of Maintainers will definitely have a presence in Kirel over the coming weekend. We hope to see you there, and hope that other Guilds and Clubs will agree to show themselves and share their messages with everyone who wants to learn and take a more active role in the Cavern if they so choose.

Thanks in advance, and see you all in Kirel next weekend.

UPDATE (3-27-10, 8:30 PM EDT):

As a result of the Authentication Server failure this weekend, we've opted to move the Guild Fair back to NEXT weekend (i.e. The weekend of April 3rd+4th).

The primary reason for doing this is due to A) limited time and B) constrictions.

The idea of spanning the Guild Fair over a two-day period was to make it so anyone could come in at anytime, learn what they wanted at a casual pace, and leave when they feel content. When you have 48 hours, it's much easier to get a larger group into a small space such as Kirel with minimal problems.

If we were to try to cram the event into tomorrow (being Sunday, and having only one day of the Guild Fair), we'd be liable to be limiting certain people from visiting the fair and missing out on opportunities to learn, as well as running the risk of rejection. With only 24 hours now (again, assuming Cyan would have a fix by tomorrow), more people will try to squeeze into a shorter time-block. This would lead to a much larger crowd which would also lead to other people being limited from getting in due to size and lag constraints. This would also limit how much time people could spend at the fair, making the information being passed out less personable. This is the opposite of what we want to happen, as we want Explorers to be able to come in, sit for a while and ask questions and learn to their heart's content.

So, be sure to change your calendars, get the message out to whoever you can, and we look forward to seeing you next weekend. Until then, feel free to roam around the sites Dot was suggesting and get a brief look at what's to come next weekend.

Thank you for understanding, and we'll see you down there.

~M. Wheeler, Guild of Maintainers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:56 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Szark wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
There is supposedly a GoMe liaison to the GoW... Fail. I guess I need to purge some people form the liaison user group then :\
As I am not a part of GoMe anymore I feel I don't have hold my tongue like I used to.

Well if you started to communitcate with others properly then things might happen. So instead of posting comments like this...help out. Unless you really don't care then show a little restraint and understanding.

Understand that they are few and they are trying their best and that fact that you didn't even know who the liaison is/was shows something in itself.

I'd love to hear how I don't communicate properly with others. It's not my job to investigate why the liaison is not posting news or whatever you guys determined a liaison's job to be (I am the "Guild Councilor" of Technical Direction--yet I seem to be expected to pull the load of an entire triumvirate on top of my course load. I can't do everything, despite popular belief.). I never requested a liaison, but, when I knew we had one, I expected all pertinent things to be relayed. I'd have no issue here if I was informed that the liaison had moved on or whatever. I'd know "oh, let me check the GoMe forum."

Adam, I am so very sorry you were disappointed with the communication. I am the GoMe liaison to the GoW and I will certainly try to do better! As I said in my "introducing myself" on the GoW forum, I'm new to both guilds and have been spending most of my time reading into the forums and information on both. Truly I will get up to speed as soon as possible, and please feel free to contact me with questions or news at any time. Thanks!

Post subject: A point to consider
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 pm 

This weekend is the Easter weekend for most countries (I believe Eastern Orthodox countries use a different calendar reckoning), so that may have an impact on how many people are able to come.

Not that you should change the time, just something to be aware of; if attendance is lower than expected, Easter may be the reason.

Shorah

--Reteltee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 pm 

It will still be greater than last weekend when the authentication server wouldn't let any of us in ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:22 pm 

We'll be up for both Saturday and Sunday.

It gives ample time for people to get in and see what's going on, though you are right about Easter. I don't expect turnout to be too low all things considered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:26 pm 

The Guild Interest Weekend is up and running in Kirel!
We have people form the Guild of Messengers, Guild of Maintainers, CCN, Guild of Writers and The D'ni Lingustic Fellowship!

We're waiting for you, Exporers! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:28 pm 

see you guys there who will be there this weekend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 pm 

Yes we'll be there this weekend. See details for the event in the Event section of this forum :wink:

Probably now this thread can be closed, since we have an Events Section

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry that this is a last-minute mention, but I wanted to remind all that this weekend is the first whole weekend in June (without a worldwide celebrated holiday), and is therefore Guild Interest Weekend.

Members of the Guild of Messengers will be around from time to time in Kirel, and there will be an opportunity for all interested guilds to participate in a meeting to present their latest projects and concerns at 13:00 KI time on Saturday, June 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:17 am 
Obduction Backer

The All Guilds & Groups meeting at 13:00 KI time was quite a success - it ran for over 2.5 hours and there were very few slow moments. To save myself some time, I'm just going to quote Allan White's posting from the Guild of Messengers - look below for a summary and the link to the full chat log.

I've added some explanatory text to Allan's posting - notes in italics are mine.

Allan White wrote:
So, the meeting is over and once again we've had the occasion to communicate with the other guilds and groups, to hear what they're up to and to encourage collaboration.

For those who couldn't attend, a chatlog can be found here, but if you don't feel like reading through all of it, here's what the guilds etc. are doing:

* The SR (Subterranean Restorations - http://subrest.net/ ) is working on the Remin district and plans to release areas to the public within the next month.
* The GoMa (Guild of Maintainers - http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/ ) is testing a few ages and would be happy if someone helped them.
* The GoW (Guild of Writers - http://www.guildofwriters.com/ ) is working on a successor for PyPRP as well as some Offline KI patches.
* The GoG (Guild of Greeters - http://www.guildofgreeters.com/ ) is planning to accept new members soon.
* The GoR (Guild of Robots - http://www.orangehairedboy.net/bot/ ) (i.e. OHB) is busy improving OHBot and looking for BETA testers. Fortunately, that didn't keep him from joking.
* The GoMe (Guild of Messengers - http://www.guildofmessengers.com/ ) is rebuilding the newspaper and has received a lot of possible titles for columns or even the whole thing from the audience.
* The GoC (Guild of Cartographers - http://www.cates-associates.net/uru/ with forums at http://uruobsession.com/forum/index.php ... ographers/) is... well, I still say it's dead.
* The GoP (Guild of Peasants - http://www.gopeasants.blogspot.com/ ) is neither a political party nor a cult nor a religion. If you want to know what they are, ask for their informational KI-mails.

Okay, if you want to know more, you'll have to read the chatlog.

Oh, and Mr Pokemon71096 (KI #02961432) would like to tell everyone that he's having a public party tommorow (Sunday) in his Eder Gira 15:30 KI time. Contact him for an invite if you're interested. It's in the Calendar, too.

Thanks to Marten and Marcus Wheeler for emceeing the meeting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:30 am 

Marten wrote:
Allan White wrote:
* The GoR (Guild of Robots - http://www.orangehairedboy.net/bot/ ) (i.e. OHB) is busy improving OHBot and looking for BETA testers.

Just adding OHB looks for beta testers for his other project, Uru BabelBot, not for OHBot.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3