It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:19 pm 

Shorah and Good Day to all of you out there.

As Jishin posted previously in the D'ni University thread, over at the GoMa we came up with the idea of having people visit Kirel for a day and allow explorers to come, visit and see the Guilds in motion. The ability for new players and old ones who had yet to delve into the Guilds see what they have done, still do and hope to do in the future may help to ease the questions some have and perhaps create a greater unity in the Cavern.

It is from this that I ask every Guild, official and unofficial, every Club, every Fan Group and all those who wish to share their commonalities and differences to take part in a bi-monthly "Interest Weekend" in Kirel from now until the foreseeable future. Whether this turns out to be weekly, bi-monthly or even monthly has yet to be decided on (my personal opinion falls around bi-monthly or simply once a month, but aside from that), yet regardless of the regularity, it's been felt that it would be nice if there was a feeling that the Guilds were showing an interest not only in open progress but also in simply connecting with explorers and giving them the chance to speak and learn from eachother in a relaxed environment.

The idea for the first interest meeting is that it will be held next weekend ( the weekend of March 27-28 ) throughout all hours of the two days. The notion is that Guilds and Clubs will meet in Kirel at any point in the day, gather around certain locations and then speak with anyone who shows interest in their groups. Even if people simply want to show their presence, this is an idea that I think would be enjoyable not only for the Guilds, but in the future for groups or clubs that want to get their message out without having to awkwardly go from person to person, and know from the get-go who's interested in what they have to say.

Again, this is completely optional for any and all of the Guilds, but it's intended that the Guild of Maintainers will definitely have a presence in Kirel over the coming weekend. We hope to see you there, and hope that other Guilds and Clubs will agree to show themselves and share their messages with everyone who wants to learn and take a more active role in the Cavern if they so choose.

Thanks in advance, and see you all in Kirel next weekend.

UPDATE (3-27-10, 8:30 PM EDT):

As a result of the Authentication Server failure this weekend, we've opted to move the Guild Fair back to NEXT weekend (i.e. The weekend of April 3rd+4th).

The primary reason for doing this is due to A) limited time and B) constrictions.

The idea of spanning the Guild Fair over a two-day period was to make it so anyone could come in at anytime, learn what they wanted at a casual pace, and leave when they feel content. When you have 48 hours, it's much easier to get a larger group into a small space such as Kirel with minimal problems.

If we were to try to cram the event into tomorrow (being Sunday, and having only one day of the Guild Fair), we'd be liable to be limiting certain people from visiting the fair and missing out on opportunities to learn, as well as running the risk of rejection. With only 24 hours now (again, assuming Cyan would have a fix by tomorrow), more people will try to squeeze into a shorter time-block. This would lead to a much larger crowd which would also lead to other people being limited from getting in due to size and lag constraints.

So, be sure to change your calendars, get the message out to whoever you can, and we look forward to seeing you next weekend. Until then, feel free to roam around the sites Dot was suggesting and get a brief look at what's to come next weekend.

Thank you for understanding, and we'll see you down there.

~M. Wheeler, Guild of Maintainers

Last edited by Marcus Wheeler on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:01 pm 

WOW! Speaking as a regular explorer with no present (or past) involvment in the Guilds, this is a really cool idea!!! I hope many people will attend! :-D

Simone - KI#1001138
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cool! I think I'll plan on dropping in on one or both of those days. I probably won't say much, but I can be there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 pm 

The Guild of Messengers will also be there. ;)

Guild of Messengers Website: www.guildofmessengers.com or http://rel.to/gome

Receive news on Facebook: http://rel.to/gome_fb or Twitter: http://twitter.com/GoMessengers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:06 pm 

Yes Yes!!! Here's the discussion on the GoMe Forums: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/forum/topic/guild-interest-weekends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:17 am 

This is a phenominal idea! A Job Faire of sorts for the guilds and groups of Uru! That is definitely a great idea. Talk to the common folk about what makes your job in the guild special and run them through a regular day......exciting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Excellent idea!

I shall speak to the Cartographers. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:08 am 

What a brilliant notion. I shall see to it that someone from CCN is in attendance.

IC Journal | Reality on the Norm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

During the Gametap days we used to have monthly (kinda) Guild meetings were representatives of the 5 guilds would come and talk about the latest Guild happenings and evolutions.. That worked ok because it was quite focused (only 5 guilds, limited amount of time) and organised.
Opening up to all guilds and groups may draw in a number of people and might prove to be a little more difficult (lag, chat clutter etc), although opening the event during a whole week-end might help. Still it would definitely be worth trying, there are a number of things happening guild-wise these days..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 pm 

If I can, I'll sit in Kirel during the weekend. I won't be representing the GOW, but I'll answer people's questions about the guild. I'm sure other writers wouldn't mind doing the same.

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:34 pm 

Everyone, do not forget that this event is tomorrow and sunday. :D

Receive news on Facebook: http://rel.to/gome_fb or Twitter: http://twitter.com/GoMessengers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 pm 

Kalypso wrote:

Not intending on it. I'll be in-game most of, if not all of the day, in some fashion or another.

Hope to see you all there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kalypso wrote:

Way to publicize dude. Not everyone reads this section of the MOUL forum, nor the MOUL forum at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:52 pm 

That may be so in your experience, Adam, but the event is also on the Guild of Messengers' calendar and upcoming events list, it has been publicised in the daily D'ni Voice newletter and via in-world notices to the Uru community in SL and on the OSgrid, it is mentioned in the Cavern Events thread here on the MOUL forum, and of course discussed in GoMa.

If you feel strongly that more people need to know about it, you could publicise it yourself to the GoW and others, of course -- that would be helpful. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:59 pm 

Dot wrote:
If you feel strongly that more people need to know about it, you could publicise it yourself to the GoW and others, of course -- that would be helpful. ;)

I also agree with that statement. ;)

You forgot Dot that the Cavern Criers are distributing an Events Ki Mail which includes this event. But I can't blame you for that. :D
And that is event is reported in english, french,italian and portuguese

BTW, we do not publicize events, we just report about them. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next