It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll admit it - many of the puzzles in this game are beyond my ability to solve. Even the walk through explanation for the Kadish vault combination left me shaking my head, thinking this is so bogus.... And as a solo explorer, I can't open the doors requiring multiple player to press the right combination in the right order.

What would be really helpful (for me at least) is a Guild of Tour Guides. Some place to "hire" a guide, someone to explain how the puzzle works (e.g. drop pellet here, it appears 15 minutes later there). Some place to "hire" a team to sequentially press all those cloths. ("hire" is in quotes, because there's no currency in the caverns. Anyone take "pellet points" as payment?)

My apologies if this Guild already exists, and I missed it. Thanks in advance!

D'avid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:55 pm 

Shorah D'avid :)
The Guild you're taling about already exists indeed, it is the Guild of Greeters. It's purpose is to help the Explorers and guide them. They don't have team to hire for opening the doors but there there are always many explorers in the Guild of Greeters Bevin, and you may find among them your helpers. Just ask. If you don't have enough people you can also go to the city (Ae'gura) and ask there. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:55 am 

:) Hello, I was wondering if the Guild of Greeters holds regularly scheduled tours of the City or other Ages. Tours just to show everyone where things of importance are and the history of buildings, machines, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:18 am 

Such tours could be made also as marker games with accompanying texts ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good Suggestion Tom :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

TomVal wrote:

This was very well done in MOUL by . . . um. . . Amonre? (Please forgive me if I have the wrong name here :lol: )

Perhaps he can be persuaded to re-do all his City history markers. :lol:

Ireenquench and Ti'chelle also used to give very informative, in-depth guided tours of the Bahro glyphs in Eder Kemo, which were very popular. Perhaps they, too, would consider passing on their considerable knowledge to new players (and those of us who need constant refresher courses just to remember our names! :shock: :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
SheilaR wrote:
TomVal wrote:

This was very well done in MOUL by . . . um. . . Amonre? (Please forgive me if I have the wrong name here :lol: )

Perhaps he can be persuaded to re-do all his City history markers. :lol:

I think it was Alahmnat, and, if I recall correctly, he himself has mentioned possibly re-creating it. And, yes, it was very well done.

Post subject: Cavern Tours
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:15 pm 

I would be very interested in attending some of these as a new explorer.

Chemoqua

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 am 
Obduction Backer

crystal wrote:
:) Hello, I was wondering if the Guild of Greeters holds regularly scheduled tours of the City or other Ages. Tours just to show everyone where things of importance are and the history of buildings, machines, etc.

Crystal,
If you would like a tour most greeters, including myself would be happy to give you a bit of a tour. We don't like to get too detailed cause that would spoil the fun of discovery. But, we can certainly orient you to the the City and the ages. Just ask.
My name is Rosamund23 and I'd be happy to show you around. My KI number is 04012492.

Also, as a point of informaiton, the guild of greeters website, has walkthroughs for those interested as well as additional informaiton on the history of D'ni.

www.guildofgreeters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:43 pm 

In the GameTap days I taught MOUL 101 at the URU U Bevin. I have not restarted those talks because there has not been much demand. If asked I will return to giving talks, but in the meantime there are several online resources.

During the hiatus I created a web age called La Casa. In the library on the lower right there is a set of Field Guides in dark blue covers. The books are set up so that an explorer can choose how much information is necessary. Red text warns the reader that the solution is on the next page. There is also a guide explaining URU basics for those who never fell to Myst.

In addition to our forum resources, members of Myss Terrie's Bevin are happy to help anyone who needs it. We cruise the DRC bevins looking for new explorers who are lost or don't understand what to do next. If the Guild of Guides needs help, just let us know. We have experienced door teams and expert door callers and love to do door runs :-)

It is our pleasure to serve.

Inanna

Inanna

To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven.

Chuang Tse

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]