It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Was the main reason for D'ni's fall internal flaws within each D'ni citizen, unavoidable external disasters, or some of both?
Internal Flaws Only 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
External Disasters Only 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Some of Both 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: The Guild of Peasants
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:56 pm 

So after much testing of the waters, so-to-speak, I would like to announce a new guild dedicated to making sure we do not end up like the people of D'ni. It is called "the Guild of Peasants". Here is the website:

http://www.GoPeasants.blogspot.com

There isn't much on the website yet, but you will find two pages entitled "About the Guild of Peasants" and "The Life Level System". It would be best to read them in that order, so you know what the guild is about well enough. Also, look for additional information in the coming days on the imager in the Guild of Peasants' Bevin.

Members of the guild ensure that what happened to D'ni does not happen to us (both in and outside the cavern). This is done by eliminating pride within ourselves and helping others do the same through what is called the Life Level System. When all is said and done, you could say that the Guild of Peasants is Yeesha's dream come true. That's what I hope it will be, at least. :wink:

Shorah,
White Knight

Last edited by White Knight on Sat May 22, 2010 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:51 pm 

Sorry I can't give a detailed reply at the moment, but it definately sounds interesting...

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:28 pm 

No problem. Please feel free to comment on the website, though, if you want to say anything about something specifically there.

Also, I want to announce here that the Guild of Peasants is having its first meeting tomorrow (May 22) at 14:00 KI time (2PM MST). This may change at the last minute, and if it does, I'll post something about it. Just know that if I'm not there at that time, the meeting was probably postponed until later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:42 pm 

This is very interesting. Count me in.

Steven1987: Ki #05385419

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:27 am 
Obduction Backer

Your poll is missing: Neither - it was a sociological and cultural weakness not stemming from the individual but the D'ni people as a whole.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:50 am 

Quote:
Your poll is missing: Neither - it was a sociological and cultural weakness not stemming from the individual but the D'ni people as a whole.

Heh heh, that's actually what I was kind of going for with the first option. :) I meant to imply in that possible answer that no single person's inward flaws were the cause of D'ni's fall but rather that it was the pervading "sociological and cultural weakness" within many people at once: each man, woman, and child making up the whole of D'ni. That option is basically saying that that was where the problems originated for them then, and where all similar pride problems originate for us now. All I mean to say is that to me, cultural weaknesses coming from the D'ni people as a whole means the same thing as coming from every (or nearly every) individual D'ni as well. That's how I meant the question and its options to mean, and I'm sorry for the confusion. Hope this helped!

Shorah,
White Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:07 pm 

I looked over the website and it's nice. You've done some very good work on it. It looks beautiful and makes some good points. The only things I have a bit of difficulty with is that your life levels sound a bit like something out of a self help book. Overall though it's a nice Guildwith a nice goal. Good luck in your endeavors

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:24 pm 

This sounds a lot like Scientology. I'll leave it at that. :wink:

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:42 pm 

Quote:
...your life levels sound a bit like something out of a self help book.

Thanks for visiting the site! It's always great to get honest commentary on it. The Life Level System is something that once you learn, you can then take and run with, applying it to every part of your life. That's probably why it kinda sounds like something out of a self help book. I hope this system can get to the root of problems and solutions better than that, though. Whereas typical self help things work on developing one's knowledge, skills and/or virtues, I don't yet know of any that deal with one's method of operating, the reasons and intentions for all we do, or the manner in which we go about using our possessions, knowledge, skills, and virtues. And letting you develop those methods of operation on your own (though perhaps assistance via a Guild would be useful, too) is exactly what the Life Level System is for.

Quote:
This sounds a lot like Scientology. I'll leave it at that. :wink:

It does? Huh...I honestly don't know enough about Scientology to really say anything about that. :P Mind PMing me and explaining? I'm intrigued, even though you said you'll leave it at that. Thanks!

Shorah,
White Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:27 am 

The only thing I know abut Scientology for sure is that you go through levels to better yourself. I don't know if they coincide with your level system. You'll have to research it yourself. I will warn you that the Scientologists are kinda weird about their beliefs and they aren't very open about exactly what goes on within their infrastructure.

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:22 pm 

Thanks, BAD. I've been digging quite a bit (you were right...they're not very open about sharing information about themselves), and even though this is not really the place (whether because of the subject at hand or because of the entire forum itself) to discuss it much, I will say that while the Life Level System has nothing to do with "The Bridge to Total Freedom", as Scientologists call it, it's not all that surprising to me that a similar system would exist out there. People piece together debris from truth and do their best to fill in the blanks all the time, so it's up to us to carefully research and separate truth from error. Part of Life Level 4 is being open and honest enough with yourself to be capable of viewing everything without bias, preconceptions, or rigidity, thereby finding real truth much more effectively than those of Life Level 3 or below. So a true LL4 person will be able to filter out the absolute truths (and yes, I've seen many of them in what I've found about Scientology), from the good-intentioned-but-still-incorrect parts (yes, I found plenty of those, too), and the downright wrong parts (and sadly, I found a some of those, as well).

I won't say anything else about my findings than that, and I hope I didn't offend anyone (Scientologist or not). Religion is a touchy subject, and one that should be very limited here on the MO:ULa forums (unless, I guess, you're talking about the D'ni God, Yahvo...hmm, is there a Guild of Yahvo, yet? I mostly want there to be one so I can call it "GoY" :lol: ). From now on, if anyone has a question about the Life Levels System in relation to any religion (in game or not), PM me your question, and I'll do my best to answer it. Thanks for pointing this out though, BAD!

Shorah,
White Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:34 am 

No problem. :wink:

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:56 pm 

On Saturday, 12 June, 2010, at 15:00 KI time, the Guild of Peasants will be holding a meeting in the Guild of Peasants' Bevin. If you 1) think of yourself as a regular person (a "Peasant"), 2) want to work with other regular people to help make the Cavern a better place for everyone, and 3) want your voice to be heard, then you are invited!

We'll discuss how we can accomplish numbers 2 and 3 written above, and as always everyone's input will be greatly appreciated. While the Life Level System will be talked about as our Guild's greatest tool, we will not dwell long on explaining the System to everyone. Instead, White Knight will send out KImails that do all the explaining to those who need them, and of course http://www.GoPeasants.blogspot.com will always be open to you. For now, refer all questions to White Knight by asking him publicly, PMing him, KImailing him, or emailing him at [email protected].

Hope to see you there!

Shorah,
White Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:00 pm 

White Knight wrote:
Quote:

Heh heh, that's actually what I was kind of going for with the first option. :) I meant to imply in that possible answer that no single person's inward flaws were the cause of D'ni's fall but rather that it was the pervading "sociological and cultural weakness" within many people at once: each man, woman, and child making up the whole of D'ni. That option is basically saying that that was where the problems originated for them then, and where all similar pride problems originate for us now. All I mean to say is that to me, cultural weaknesses coming from the D'ni people as a whole means the same thing as coming from every (or nearly every) individual D'ni as well. That's how I meant the question and its options to mean, and I'm sorry for the confusion. Hope this helped!

Shorah,
White Knight

And here I was, thinking it was some kind of poison gas... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
And here I was, thinking it was some kind of poison gas...

:lol:
Indeed as did I!

8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]