It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 am 

This old thread was dug up because a new thread was going over the same ideas. Doing some review I came across it. We can see what people though then and how things worked out. The intelligent can learn from history.

Nadnerb, is correct. Make a good guild and people will use it. Also, there is no way to lock out competition, which is what several of the threads are about that are going on now. However, not paying attention to what has been tried before, dooms one to repeating their mistakes.

The five guilds... we already have dozens. Things have changed.

My point in all this... it isn't how to run things or the guilds. Its the fans, individuals, the worker bees that make things happen. Get the hierarchy out of things and the fans will make things work.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dekar wrote:
Honestly, I feel the core 5 guilds discussed in Kirel are how things should remain. The guild of archivists does not seem as connected at this moment but the writers and maintainers have been doing their off line thing for a while and when (and I DO mean when) cyan is ready to open source, their expertise will be available. On the more current note, the guild of greeters has been extremely active and helpful, and the guild of messengers is doing what they do best, messaging.
The way the first post on here describes their group was really guild of archivests as opposed to maintainers and I assume that got cleared up ages (ha) ago, but I think we just need to make sure we are seeing organization and function from those 5 guilds and things will flow rather nicely.

So let us do our jobs hee hee.

There never were 5 core guilds... With MOUL, there have been more than five for about as long as I've been involved in Uru, which is around abouts the D'mala period, bit before that started, or just after it did. Somewhere in the D'mala period...

The "5 Core Guilds" are just the officially recognised guilds, or, rather "the guilds with official guild pubs in MOULagain"

There's been... off the top of my head... The Guild of Archivists, Guild of Shard Admins... Guild of Linguists... who else... Guild of Age Creators (predating our current Guild of Writers, though mostly the same community... bit complex, and I don't /fully/ understand the full story, there..) Guild of Slackers, too ;) That's another 5 that predate our current 5 officially recognised guilds.. Then there's the various incarnations of the Guild of Artisans, one of which I was going to start, even registered the domain for it, too... ( http://guildofartisans.org/ ) There's also... The Guild of Fine Artists, that Tweek started some time ago, though I think that one closed... And probably many others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

OOC the concept of Guild is very vague at best. Open a site or a forum and name it the Guild of Whatever and you have a new guild.. Heck many people even used existing channels and site to create 'guilds'.

IC (and OOC) the point of Cyan's 5 Guilds system is to try and give some structure to all this and support the extention of Uru with Fan Created Content (Ages/Clothes/Stories etc). To create Content, review it, approve it, document it, and publish it.
Now, with the 3DS Max Plasma tools realesed and Open Source Uru on the horizon (?) this system is more important than ever.

However there are two important pieces of information currently missing: what will be Cyan's involvement? (at this point it looks like it will be pretty low) and how will the Ages and other FCC (clothes etc) be integrated in MOULa?
If Cyan goes out of the picture at some point regarding all this the 5G system might become less relevant, as anarchy will prevail. (let me rephrase that: decentralization will prevail. ;) )

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5