It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 am 

Hahaha, I love the queue! I've never seen the second pic before :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty wrote:
Hahaha, I love the queue! I've never seen the second pic before :)

:lol: That was not photo-shopped either! I can't remember what we were all lined up for, but that was a real screenshot. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Mystdee said:

Quote:
I have still not heard from Futo, so either he has just been busy or he doesn't have anything to send me

Success ! Futo called me. He seldom picks up his old E-mail address, he implied. His new one is related to other matters it seems, and those dominate his attention. He was well, and enthusiastic about DHP, but referred me to Sean Cook, CEO of Salyris about the absent Jumping Bean Studios website resurrection potential, so I shot an E-mail that way. It slowly dawns on me that I may be working my way thru the original Team...some part of Jumping Bean Studios, some part of Guild of Writers and some part of Salyris and Fans... So bear with me people....

I found another link, too... :D http://www.cafepress.com/jbs_shop/1147115 for DHP memorabilia (cyan approved, Futo said). (I got some stationary)

My copy of DHP shows a note tucked behind the tongue of the Boot; it won't open for me. I thought that it might if certain things were completed. Futo thinks it might be a bug. (dunno ? are we looking for a missing patch already ?)

I've been peering thru the code, as best able...still looking for the Spanish Steps Pic..wanna frame that, I think its called Four circle maze, in Files.

The vision is, that if we can get the original Jumping Bean Studios site up in name we can rebuild whatever is missing, and save a DHP code change. Or at least get a good definition of the workload to repair it.

Futo explained that the reference materiel in the Laptop was intended to be "in the laptop"; but it seems its gotta be in the website, presently, 'cos that's where the Laptop links...

Enough for now.

Abjab

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Kakadann said
Quote:
does any one have any the missing info from the lost links so We can finish the game?

Just a forum post to say that I have been actively trying to ressurect the DHP. Futo gave verbal approval (he's otherwise engaged) and sent me to the website folk. My plan was simple; pay to put back up the original JBS website; I got there a week too late...The Server had already been taken down, without backups. Fortunately certain things have been identifiably recovered. So far they include the original download (which includes a leader pic of Nick and Phil), Journals, and docs, but not the e-mail system or the Connect-the-dots or Maze feedback..yet. And Mystdee found the Microwave code. I'm willing to try with what we have and support rebuild from there, as best able with a JBS/DHP site (TBV)....but there is a lot of reverse engineering. That sets up the need to try and recover communications with any and all of the original Team. So if anyone can help there, please post info here. That will really help. I have Mystdee's, Rusty's and others PM address from Posts (3 titles) here in Mystonline I'll cross post to point here. I am going from the credits listed in the DHP opening book. The present objective is to not change the released code; but somewhere that might become necessary, or beneficial. The intent is that OSUL could link to DHP as is (2D to start with, assumed) say, particularly if someone could patch Aegura to include the lighted Office ( Fake, or 3D version accessible by climbing in the window ? (How was it done to start with ? Photoshop ? Rusty ?)) ref the original release poster ( http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/802302/PromoNextwithCopyrightsmall.JPG )

Sometime I may have to move this activity into another Forum, I'm guessing. But not until we can find what's left of the original Team. ( I think I know of 6, so far)...I'll keep you all posted ...Here, as long as there is some progress to report.

All comments and help welcome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks to all who have been trying to get the DHP back working. I downloaded it way back when and did quite a bit of it, but didn't stay with it enough to finish. It would be fun to try again.

I just looked in my Myst games folder from "All Programs" and the DHP still works. Great game everybody, I'll have to fiddle around with it after tax season.

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow, this brings back memories. I was helping to beta test this, back when I still had free time. I'll see if I can't find my notes somewhere, although I'm not hopeful. I've had two computers since then, and it probably got lost in the data migration.

What would be cool for me is to get the poster that had all of the team's avatars on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:41 pm 

This small pic's all I got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I still have the original, which Futo did after his "vacation puzzle" and a screen of the pic in the DHP

original

game version

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:17 pm 

Is D'ni History still available? If so, where?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

PeteC said:-
Quote:
Is D'ni History still available? If so, where?

There are 3 Mystonline Forum threads presently on (Futo's) "D'ni History Puzzle" (2D Interactive Puzzle..still incomplete, but fascinating), and (Rusty's) "Nick's Office" (Beautiful 3D non-interactive Model). Rusty made the basic model for 2D and released the 3D much later. Both Downloads are still available at:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=99e6cc74f9b647ec4012e8015643d9c8c809d965ee837cce

Enjoy :D ....I owe the Forum(s) a report sometime on this subject...still trying to resurrect things (at snail's pace). I still use a loaded DHP as an easy Uru History Reference Guide for in-game MOULa :shock: , and I have been able to access the Office windows in the Plaza there, so the ambitions to integrate both 2D and 3D versions someday into MOULa still lives... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:56 am 

It ain't there no more... :(

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

I VISITED AHNONAY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TREE SHIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

But it still is, KT, I just checked it as it is my MediaFire account... Please try again...:P

There is the 'D'ni History Puzzle' and 'Nick's Office in 3D'... Click on the resp. folder
to get to the link of the download... In the folder of Nick's 3D Office you also find some
screens, the exe file is the last one... Have fun... :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3