It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
This is for:
  • Anyone who wants to play Uru online and meet other Explorers, but finds themselves locked out of MOULa.
  • Current MOULa players who want to meet and welcome new players.
  • MOULa Anniversary organizers who might consider incorporating something about this in their event.

New & Returning Explorers locked out of MOULa:
* Sign up now for two or more (best to have more than one "just in case") of the other shards (Korovev has posted a handy Quick how-to to get the main Shards ready); get set up now, play and get acclimated there.
* Watch TrapperDave's post to see what events are planned for the week of February 4th. Make plans to be on your shard of choice and tune into broadcasts which will be posted there.
* You're welcome to post your plans here in hopes that others will join you. Be sure to state the time(s), shard name and the public area on the shard where you'll be.

Current MOULa Players
* Make plans to visit your favorite shard between official MOULa celebration events (or during if you're so inclined). Watch this thread to see when the best times are to find newcomers there.
* You are also welcome to post your plans here: time(s), shard name and the public area on the shard where you'll be.
* Help publicize this, especially to anyone you know who can't get a MOULa account and might be waiting or already playing on other shards.

MOULa Anniversary D'niJs & Event Planners
* Keep the shards in mind when planning your event. You might leave a little wiggle room between official events and encourage attendees to go visit the shards between them.
* D'niJs, consider broadcasting music during a text event (e.g. the AGM) for those who can't get to the event on the MOULa shard. You don't have to be there in person to provide music and give them a shout out in a broadcast.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for this, Tai :)

I've included a link to this thread from my thread about Anniversary Events I'm hosting: MOULa 7 Year Ann: Opening, Closing, Memorial, GoH Events

Per our conversation, there's time for a Shard Scatter in between the Opening Ceremonies and the AGM meeting in MOULa.
Shard Scatter: Saturday, February 4, 12:30 KI time (AGM begins at 13:00 KI Time on MOULa)

I hope we can include as many explorers around the Metaverse as possible.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, Ghaelen, I appreciate that and look forward to attending your events.

Just a quick note to shard operators: If you want to make sure the Explorers Memorial on your shard is accurate and up to date (sometimes there are minor changes that you may not have heard about), you can find the List in Code at the bottom of the Explorers Memorial wiki page.

And, a bit more about the shard scatter: This idea was inspired by the occasional posts both by new players who can't get into MOULa and by current MOULa players asking to have the account creation system open again. The idea was to take advantage of a specific time period (the celebrations) to get all these new players and concerned current players together. Mainly to welcome the new players and give them the social setting they might have sought if they could get on MOULa. But, also as a way to gauge how much interest there really is in re-opening MOULa to new accounts. Consider it something of a "vote with your log-in" if you will. Maybe Cyan will take notice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank You Tai'lahr :)
This is a great idea & I will make an effort to include it in the schedule!
Currently waiting on some community members to see what all surfaces yet.
There are a lot of music events where players can shard scatter and still listen to the music.
Joker's Dance Party's are flexible to be re-arranged.
I will post a link to this thread on My thread also.
A wonderful idea:) I had a lot of interest from players I never knew on the Obduction Fan Group on
Face Book. I am sure a lot of those people do not have MOULa Accounts ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I haven't seen any non-MOULa account holders post any interest here, but Christian Walther and I are sitting in The Watchers Pub on the Minkata shard for awhile. It's now 12:21 KI time and I'll be here until about 12:45 before leaving to get back in time for the AGM on MOULa. Christian might be here for a bit longer since he's on two computers. Drop by if you're on the Minkata shard.

Now Acorn has joined us and JWPlatt is on his way. :)