It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:36 am 

As much as the community puts into Cyan, I think in a certain case Cyan could give back. A Couple of dedicated explorers have fallen along the way, and I had this idea that once in awhile a dedication of an age named after the fallen be made. I don't know why I thought of this, but I was thinking back to Pehpsee (Pepsi) again. Thought it could add to the significance of our great community. We would definitely be above what other MMO's get out of their experiences by showing such love to people that have toiled for so long to not be able to fully realize our dreams.

Pepsi's age in my eyes would reflect her personality and ideas. Pepsi was all about making friends and hanging out, none of the political hoodoo. So her age would be a meeting place, with amazing beauty.

Does this sound viable?

Edit: in fact, I believe in this so much, that I will start work on designing my idea of an age for Pepsi. I do not know if Cyan will acknowledge the idea, but I could sure use some help from my neighbors. I had this idea that the age would have a dock with a round transport kinda thing, and a bunch of people would get in and someone would hit a button in the center and it would rise up and float along in a slow circle. Water would shine underneath, reflecting a world of thermoluminescence plants and animals, all under a night sky with two moons. It would make the perfect setting for talk and reflection. When finished someone could hit the button again and the transport would dock again. An age that would be pure inspiration, something Catherine would have admired and Pepsi would have cherished.

Edit 2: and to really get the mood going, have some backround music that would kinda sound like Peter Gabriel's mindscape type music, kinda like what Serenia did for me.

"Live together, die alone." - Jack Sheppard, LOST
KI# 00265224
Humble member of the Unbound Hearts of D'ni

http://vormaen.deviantart.com/
For scraps by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow... I remember Pepsi :)

I never made it to URU live the 1st time around.. but I would hang out on the forums while playing/learning the standalone version... and I remember her posts well. She would have loved this!

Very enthusiastic explorer.. and one of the most helpful :) I'm not so sure Cyan would go for an entire Age here.. [hope they do!]... but most certainly a lovely area bearing her name would be nice! I like the idea of a "ride" within an age perhaps... and the music... most definitely!

Good thought V!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:46 am 

I don't know Pepsi as I'm too new at this, but a memorial Garden Age dedicated to explorers who have passed on is a really, really wonderful idea, and just the sort of thing only a game like URU could pull off. What better way for a game that is supposed to be shaped by the players to honor those players?

I generally laugh at the concept of online petitions, but I think one would be justified in this case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:04 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

There have been several ideas and suggestions made regarding memorials and memorial ages. Personally, I would love to see Tweek's age finished. I remember seeing some of his work on it and it was beautiful.

Here are some of the other discussions:

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... t=memorial

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... t=memorial

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:20 pm 

Tehfooneht'ahn would be what you're thinking about. That's Tweek's Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

That is correct. I am working on getting the old RestorersGuild site back up, hopefully you will be able to keep up to date on progress with the Age there.

Work has slowed down a bit whilst we wait to see whats going to be happening with Age building for Uru Live. But I am very very very determined to see this Age come about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:09 pm 

I have no skill in 3d rendering or design (yet) but I would love to build an age for Pepsi. Tweek's age is a solemn memorial to those that have passed, where we can mourn and remember them. I'm more along the lines of building an age built around an explorer's thoughts and dreams, kinda like what Catherine was able to write.

"Live together, die alone." - Jack Sheppard, LOST
KI# 00265224
Humble member of the Unbound Hearts of D'ni

http://vormaen.deviantart.com/
For scraps by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:14 pm 

Or - less labor intensive but perhaps more possible (and a whole durn lot quicker) - creation of an explorer's memorial wall/structure somewhere in a public area or square in Ae'gura? Where people congregate?

"Let's pretend it's not," said Rabbit, "and let's see what happens."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:30 am 

This is a fine idea. Afterall it is the explorers who have kept this thing called URU alive.

KI # 03256103
Member of Blabbity's Bevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:39 am 

Personally, I would prefer it to be a general memorial age, rather than have specific names located therein.

I would like to see something like the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Perhaps an eternal flame. Just a nice little meditation age. Soothing music, running water, nice shade, and something to fix the attention, and remind us of those who have entered the perfect age before us, both within Uru and without.

I especially would like a plaque with an appropriate poem or phrase. Perhaps Nothing Gold Can Stay, by Robert Frost. It seems appropriate for Uru.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.