It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Let me say that I have seriously enjoyed seeing these photos! Last year was my first and only Mysterium, and it was truly a mountaintop experience. I knew I wouldn't be able to come this year, but I consoled myself by thinking that without Cyantists present, it wouldn't be much anyway. BUT - I see now that it's been a wonderful weekend after all, and I'm thrilled for all of you who attended, and naturally, jealous!

My experience last year was that the Myst community is just as warm and wonderful in person as they are in Cavern and on the forums. Obviously, that sentiment rang true in California as well.

Shorah to all,

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mowog wrote:
I knew I wouldn't be able to come this year, but I consoled myself by thinking that without Cyantists present, it wouldn't be much anyway.

It's funny, a lot of people seem to say that, but it's really never been the case... the best part of Mysterium, for me anyway, has always been hanging out with the friends I've made online for a solid weekend of exploration, fun, insomnia, and general (occasionally insomnia-related) insanity ;). I'm glad you got more out of Mysterium than a trip to Cyan, Mowog, and it was, of course, a pleasure to meet you :).

I wish we could have made it this year, but it wasn't in the cards for us for several reasons. There's always next year though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:23 pm 

Thanks so much for sharing those great pics, I am very glad the new mystwear stuff got there for you all, and you all look like you had a great great time, even found some "Eder Ages" out there which , as it is California, does not surprise me at all......i wanted to go last yr but had to have an operation instead and this year two jobs and too much work....so best Shorah's to all and glad it went so well.

Alone or Together! thanks agian. :) Glad some of you got to see Wolfie's MYSTical collection :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:20 am 

Here is a picture of the shirt I was wearing to the Mysterium party on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:40 am 

Oh yeah. Where exactly do they hold Mysterium, anyway? New Mexico?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:20 pm 

It was in Los Angeles this year. It moves around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:15 pm 

New Mexico would be a good idea... :D

I have pictures that I'll be putting up soon as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd vote for next year's Mysterium to be in New Mexico. Albuquerque, especially.

EDIT: Here is a lively bunch of Mysterium photos

[spoiler]
ImageImage

Planning outside on the second day.

Enjoying dim sum in Chinatown.

Crossing the street!

Inside the famed Bradbury Building.

The La Brea Tar Pits (also known as "the the tar tar pits")

A shot of the Tar Museum. Yes, a museum devoted to tar.

Some of the gang in Hollywood on the third day.

Could it be? The legendary In-N-Out Burger?

It sure was!

CONE.
[/spoiler]

I'll have a trip report written up soon enough. In the meantime, I encourage everyone who attended Mysterium 2007 to post their pics!

Last edited by woxel1 on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kitsune wrote:
Oh yeah. Where exactly do they hold Mysterium, anyway? New Mexico?

It changes year to year, though every three years it seems to end up back in Spokane at Cyan's invitation ;).

It's been held in the following locations:
2000: Spokane
2001: Carlsbad, New Mexico
2002: Philadelphia
2003: Spokane
2004: Toronto
2005: Chicago
2006: Spokane
2007: Los Angeles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

So I've got half of my good photos from Mysterium2k7 up! I'll get to the rest within a day. WARNING: They are quite LARGE! Here we go:

[spoiler]The beginning in Santa Monica

To Eder Getty!

Fireplace Combination? o.O

Yes! Vid was with us at Universal Studios!

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

Jurassic Park destroys my hair!

lolwut?

[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:40 pm 

Lovely pics :) Can't wait to see the names attached!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Man do I every wish I could have gone! Alas being on the other side of the ocean presents these kinds of problems! Maybe next year I'll have a good car and would be able to drive out there!

*Is anyone planning on going to Arcadia in Montreal? I would love to meet up with some of you there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

We had an awesome time! :) It was so great hanging out with old friends, and making new ones :) Tons of fun. I'll put up my pics, and possibly a report, but it might take a day or two....work+sharing computer with family=limited computer time ;)

Fwee! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:55 pm 

As soon as i find the time between stuff at work I'll load the video from my camcorder to a DVD and then post it on youtube as soon as I have it edited to more managable files. I was taping all of Saturday with the group that went to Universal Studios and then got most of the evening at Shoom'lah's (sp?) house. I'm sorry I missed sunday but unavoidable household chores and e-mailing Costco about a defective purchase kept me busy all day. I already miss all of you who attended even if I p'roly can't remember the names to faces properly...but Ya'll were great and a lot of fun...hope to hear from everyone soon.

K'Tania

KI#01686230 (MOUL)
KI#02980834 (MO:ULa)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:50 pm 

Ooh, I want to see that video. Mysterium was quite incredible. I was amazed at how comfortable I was with everyone around me, and how well we all got along. I loced that if I made any obscure reference to any of the MYST games, everyone there knew exactly what I was talking about.

I'm also very happy that I got the chance to perform an Uru inspired piano piece for everyone there. I usually get so nervous performing music in front of others, but everything sorta just clicked in place while at Shoom'lah's incredible house. Also, with the MystGear guys, and everyone's presentations, it was by far my favorite part of the whole Mysterium. I consider each and every person I met there a friend now, and when I see their avvie in the Cavern, I have a wonderful face and personality to go with it in my mind. In fact, I hope to continue to get together with some of the other locals out here in California and do more things together.

Also, I'm going through the rest of my pictures and will get them up soon. In the meantime, as far as what's in my pics goes, Seraphina went through my pics that I posted and pointed out who's who in them.

Quote:
Here are the names of the folks in Jeff Wise's photos, just so you know the wonderful explorers who were at Mysterium:

Left to Right:

1. Dan the Myst Fan, Calumon, Purple Penguin (designer of the front logo for this year's shirt), [email protected], Nisan.

2. Vaaht, Serephina (me), Nisan, arriving at Eder Getty, as we dubbed the Getty after the Garden Age we found there.

3. Fell the Librarian, Jimmy 9892, Slider, Sephoris, K'laamas, Vaaht.

4. Slider with one of his brethren.

5. In the Jurassic Museum of Technology Tea Room:
back row: Nisan, K'laamas, IBnetweasel, Jimmy 9892, Shoom'lah, Sephoris, Serephina (me), Fell the Librarian, Dan the Myst Fan, Pager C.
middle row: Jeff Wise, Steven, Calumon, [email protected], Vaaht, Purple Penguin.
front: Squalls.

6. [email protected], Squalls, K'laamas, Purple Penguin, Nisan, Slider, Jeff Wise, Calumon, Steven, Dan the Myst Fan.

7. Slider.

8. IBnetweasel and Jimmy 9892, part of the Carl's Jr. Invasion.

9. Sephoris, K'laamas, Shoom'lah, on the Eder Getty tram.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next