It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:40 pm 

[MC] *** Chogon <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>
[MC] [Chogon] Wohbah. there is a lot of people
[Chogon] Hi everyone!
[Tweek] <starts log>[MC]
[MC] [Marten] EVERYONE please quiet :) Chogon would like to begin
[MC] [Chogon] We are starting with a very small team with some big (albeit not clearly defined yet) ideas. We will start with ust getting what we had at the end of MOUL up and going so we can get people in the cavern as soon as possible. Then we will start working on the roadmap which I'm positive will change as time goes on. We will probably add more items, change items and may even have to remove items. But the ultimate goal is to have a vibrant engaged MystOnline community.[MC] [Chogon] Hi all. This is certainly crazy times again. But this time it is going to be a lot different. Now that Cyan has the rights back to put MystOnline online again, we are going to try to make a go of it by ourselves (meaning self publishing). With that comes less constraints but also more responsibility. When we re-open the cavern it will not be with a big marketing bang but more of a grass roots event where we will start slowly and with the help
[MC] [Marten] Everyone quiet please so we can begin.
[MC] [Marten] OK. Chogon is ready for questions. We're going to try an open discussion format here first; comments here and there are OK, but let's try not to flood the chat with too many jokes and such.
[MC] [Marten] Tweek actually beat you all with a PM that he had a question; he goes first, then Robert, then Jamey...
[MC] [Marten] OK. Let's begin with Tweek's
[MC] [Tweek] Will the First Month Shirt be back when the Cavern opens, seeming Avatar progress has been deleted?
[MC] [Chogon] Good question. I'm not sure about that but it sounds like that would be a good idea.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Robert
[MC] [Robert_The_Rebuilder] To support scripting for the ages, will you also release the Python API (including source to the various x*.py files) with the 3DSMax Plugin?
[MC] [Chogon] We haven't completed the details of how some of that will work. Obviously, you will have to have some kind of Python API.
[MC] [Chogon] And possibly also some of the Python code that is in the game. But like I said, not sure how that is going to happen, I just know that it will.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Jamey is next
[MC] [Jamey] Ok hee is mine: I do have one question Chogon, I know that a lot of new ages are going to be added to MORE. Will all the age files and data be stored on Cyan Servers or our Computers? Because all that data on our individual computers will take up a lot of space..
[MC] [Jamey] I know that when MOUL was on gametap, we had the files in our program files
[MC] [Jamey] will that happen again?
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Chogon] Good question (again). We are not certain how the testing of UCC ages will happen but I think it will be with local copies (not on the servers).
[MC] [Marten] Rdy for next Chogon?
[MC] [Chogon] But once an UCC age is approved and moved to the Cyan servers, then it will be download to all. But as you can see, there might be too much data eventially
[MC] [Jamey] right, storage space which some of our individual computers may not be able to handle, it builds up
[[MC] [Chogon] So, we will have to have some way of breaking that up in the future (we always knew that day would come) so the downloads can be smaller
[MC] [Marten] Next is Hitana
[MC] [Hitana] which countries will have access to the new Myst Online? will there be ResEngs again? If not, who would take care of that?
[MC] [Chogon] We hope to have the entire globe have access to MORE, meaning all countries!
[MC] [Chogon] The ResEngs is a problem that we will have to solve before we re-open the cavern. Not sure how that will be staffed yet
[MC] [Alahmnat] *wants his lamp-helmet back if the ResEngs are going to be back ;)*
[MC] [Marten] Whilyam is next
[MC] [Whilyam] When do you anticipate the servers coming back online?
[MC] [Chogon] I was waiting for that question...heh. As soon as we can. There is just Randy (not Rand) and I working on bring it back up. We want to do it as soon as possible.
[MC] [Chogon] It is possible that it could be in months (ducks head).
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] dhelyan is next.
[MC] [Dhelayan] my question is, will MORE also run on the Mac again?
[MC] [Chogon] We will be working with TransGaming to make that happen. All indications so far is yes
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Nadnerb
[MC] [Nadnerb] Will Cyan, or would Cyan like to, accept competent fan code submissions for features, rewrites,and bugfixes in the server or client code as it did in Until Uru? and bugfixes in the server or client code as it did in Until Uru? e.g. The KI is a popular candidate for improvement.
[MC] [Chogon] The short answer is yes. But I think that that will have to be more of a directed from Cyan effort like the D'mala shard updates were.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Poseidon] with gametap gone.. how will we be able to download and update the new game... same as before... or via some new method? also.. will the users be able to create patches for the game.. version 9 had some serious problems and limitations when uru went down
[MC] [Chogon] All of the download of MORE will be done through the patcher (which you could have done even when on GameTap)
[MC] [Chogon] All of the patches will come from Cyan. (but the origin of the patch may come from user content).
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next is Atheni.
[MC] [Atheni33] How involved is Cyan going to be with the guilds?
[MC] [Chogon] We hope that the Guilds and Cyan will like partners in this new adventure. So, there will lots of involvment in both directions.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Leonor
[MC] [Leonor] A small matter... Can MOUL oldbies have their calendar sparklies turned on in their Relto when MORE is up?
[MC] [Chogon] Hmmm, part of the problem will be identifying who are the oldies. Something we'll have to think about.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next, Mari
[MC] [Mari] Will there be a beta team needed or will the Guild of Maintainers take care of all of that?
[MC] [Chogon] The beta testing and the Guild of Maintainers are two seperate functions (one is tesing the servers and
the other testing new content).
[MC] [Chogon] We will have to have some kind of beta testing... but it might be small and quick this time since (theoritically) not much has changed at the start.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Colin_Brennan is next
[MC] [Colin_Brennan] Hi Chogon. :D If you could pick one part of MORE and flaunt that to the entire gaming community to get them to play MORE, what part are you choosing to flaunt and why?
[MC] [Chogon] Hmmm, that is a tough question. It would be easy to say you have to see the whole thing... ummm, I would have to say one of the fan events like the parades or one of the plays.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next up, Tweek
[MC] [Tweek] Cyan said they won't be adding content at the start, however the Minkata spark is pretty bugged to the point where it stops everyone getting a full set of Calendar Roses, would this be something that would be fixed at all or not?
[MC] [Chogon] Hopefully, we can fix some of those intrusive bugs. It may not happen at the start but sometime after.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next, Jen
[MC] [Jen] When we get an account, can we have multiple users or will it be one user per account? With gametap, 1 account had up to 5 users, and each user could have multiple avatars. Will that change?
[MC] [Chogon] It will be one user per account with (was it?) 5 avatars. That is the way we are going to start. It might change in the future? Don't know.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] greypiffle!
[MC] [Greypiffle] 3To help support functionality, will we be allowed to ue the 3DS Plugins to create plugins for our favorite 3D application?
[MC] [Chogon] Yes. That is why I want to release the source to the plugins as well as the binaries. That way some could write their own tools.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Nita
[MC] [nita] will there be a need for testers for the game, if so, how and when do we sign up?
[MC] [Chogon] The initial testing of the servers will need some testers. We haven't got far enough to have a sign up sheet yet. It will be posted on myystonline.com if/when it happens.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Veralun
[MC] [Veralun] 6Will there be a promotion from Cyan's side or can fans help with that?[MC] [Veralun] 6What can the international community do to promote MORE in their area/country?
[MC] [Chogon] Promoting MORE is good. You just have to be careful about being a spammer or grabbing too much of the marketing wheel.
[MC] [Chogon] I'm not sure what the international communtiy can do specifically yet... but I'm sure y'all will have great ideas.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Nadnerb
[MC] [Nadnerb] A lot of focus is going to be on the GoW, but does Cyan see a place for outside Fan creations turning back around if their developers want and reentering Uru in MORE?Will you first open the servers and then work on a structure for UCC, or will you open the servers after you have nailed down how UCC will be handled?
[MC] [Chogon] I'm not sure what the first question is asking...? The second question: we will restart the servers pretty much where we left them in MOUL so that people can get back into the cavern as soon as possible.
[MC] [Marten] I'd like to give MustardJeep an opportunity to clarify his question, then continue with the queue.[MC] [Chogon] Then we will work on the roadmap and the including the things needed for user created content.
[MC] [Chogon] ok
[MC] [Marten] MustardJeep?
[MC] [MustardJeep] Some fun things like Ages of ilathid and a few other project coming back into uru instead of standalone like they are now
[MC] [Chogon] Oh, right. Yes, that is why we need to release the plugins for MORE so that the old ages that were standalone can be brought forward.
[MC] [Chogon] There might have to be some kind of conversion tool written by a fan(?) to help bring them forward.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Trevor1017] 3If, after some time, enough users sign up to turn MORE into a profitable game, maybe with the eventual release of the Myst Movie, would you consider making it an official part of your company again? e.g. Regular ages, story, items, upgrades, etc.?
[MC] [Chogon] Well, MORE is an official part of Cyan. But I see what you are asking... yes, in the grand scheme it would be nice for Cyan to be able to create more content, stories and more.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Guest_87155 is next
[MC] [Guest_87155] It is assumed that one of the ultimate goals of MORE is to eventually see a profitable gaming world emerge. Cyan and Gametap obviously have an agreement on how that would be handled between them. This leaves a broader question still open...
[MC] [Guest_87155] Have you considered how copyright will be handled regarding any fan-created intellectual property that eventually makes its way onto the main Cyan server specifically regarding who will own this work and what mechanism will be in place to codify that ownership?
[MC] [Chogon] Good question. Not sure I have the answer. It MORE become big enough that attracts a publisher that would really help MORE, then that would have to be determine with that agreement...
[MC] [Chogon] but that is really hypothetical and that is not really our plan (even though plans can change) to have a publisher pick it up later.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] rTayrtahn
[MC] [rTayrtahn] Will Kadish's helmet be offered once again? Also, there seems to have been other bonus clothing items that were offered in the beginning of last year that were never offered again. Will those be available as well?
[MC] [Chogon] We will have to look at all those kind of things when we re-open the cavern. It sounds like they should be available again
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next, Hitana
[MC] [Hitana] having your little staff; where exactly do you need help we players could possibly provide? and would you just give away the tools needed for that help?
[MC] [Chogon] We having completely sorted that out yet. But joining the guilds is a start because that is where we are going to ask for help first.
[MC] [Chogon] Sorry.. I meant "We haven't completely sorted that out yet."
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Simon_Bitdiddle
[MC] [Simon_Bitdiddle] Will the Guildmasters be our representatives to Cyan for flow of information or will there be clearly defined Cyanist responsibilities for various aspects of canon and policies?
[MC] [Chogon] But also we hope that information doesn't have to go through guildmasters but flow from fans also.[MC] [Chogon] Cyan will still be responsibile for things like canon and policies and how things should come together. We will take input from the guilds but on the big things, Cyan will make the decisions.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next ix Tomahnaguy
[MC] [TomahnaGuy] What is your position on storyline related content from Cyan's part? I know you guys have said that Cyan content is still "pie in the sky" but what is your stance on continuing the storyline?
[MC] [TomahnaGuy] in the sky :)
[MC] [Chogon] we definitenly want to continue the storyline. There will be story guidelines post by Cyan that for the user created content to stay away from so that we can continue.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next is PIperdriver
[MC] [PiperDriver] Will Cyan engage some of us who have server space and bandwidth to host clustered portions of the server code? And if so, how do we get on the list of volunteers?
[MC] [Chogon] Yes. But not immediately, we will have to change some stuff on the server side. But there will have to be a registration of those servers
[MC] [PiperDriver] Cool, thanks.
[MC] [PiperDriver] And whatever we can do to help, just ask.
[MC] [Chogon] because we would not want to have any host jumping in. So, you will have to have a static ip because we will restict it just them (sorry for getting technical)
[MC] [PiperDriver] Yep. Have all that.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next is SCGreyWolf
[MC] [SCGreyWolf] First, congratulations on getting y'alls baby back. Q: Is there a possibility of adding outside assistance for the Plasma engine to the roadmap, or does Cyan prefer to keep that to themselves? Some of us would love to help. (All rights would be retained by Cyan, of course.)
[MC] [Chogon] You are right, it is not on the roadmap. However, I can see that we could use some help but it would a closely directed by Cyan operation.
[MC] [SCGreyWolf] Thanks! :)
[MC] [Chogon] In other words, you would almost have to be an intern employee, kind of like Tweek and Denis.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next is a question from Tofer who had to leave: Front end servers: Windows or Linux?
[MC] [Chogon] Currently, the front end servers are Windows. That doesn't mean that in the future that couldn't change.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next is Erik
[MC] [Erik] Aside from user-made Ages would users also be able to create content like notebooks in existing Ages? (Like a journal in your Relto that others can read)
[MC] [Chogon] The roadmap and most of the discussions have been about age creation... but there is a lot more things that user created content can be. Such as clothing, emotes, and more objects in your relto or neighborhood
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] lontahv is next
[MC] [Lontahv] Chogon> When Fan-Created-Ages are allowed will you "legalize" pyprp... if you know what I mean. Because I've grown very used to Blender and comfortable with adding features to PyPrp and would like to continue.
[MC] [Chogon] Yes. PuPrp will be one of the tools. When the source for the plugin get released then the authors of PyPrp can modify it to include more things.
[MC] [Chogon] and be compatible with MORE.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next is Kero
[MC] [Kero] Will we be starting logicaly at the Cleft like we did in Prologue or start in Relto scratching our heads wondering how the heek we got there?
[MC] [Chogon] <stupid keyboard>
[MC] [Chogon] When we re-open the cavern it will be just like it was in MOUL, you will start out in Relto. Whether that changes in the future... don't know.
[MC] [Chogon] ahh, the clefties
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Eleri is up
[Eleri] Erik touched on this a bit, but with Age building as the primary focus, how can non age builders contribute? Will there be tools for objects and animations and avatar options? What about fan run 'characters' like JD Barnes, will there be a place for fan story?
[MC] [Chogon] The details are worked out yet... but yes. I'm not sure how user friendly the tools will be or whether there will be something in-game to use to create.
[MC] [Chogon] Sorry... I meant the detail are not worked out yet.
[MC] [Chogon] next
MC] [Marten] Next is Nadnerb with more Qs from the MOUL thread
[MC] [Nadnerb] rephrase: Will there be an offline release of the client for local testing of new ages prior to any submittal,
or will we need to use full on-line server for testing from the start of development? (and in either case, how will that be
handled?)
[MC] [Chogon] Not sure how that is going to work yet. But I am thinking that to test your age you will connect to the Cyan
server but be allowed to have local data.
[MC] [Chogon] Obviously there was to be some way to tell the server what you are doing... that way you can have other people help you test multiplayer
[MC] [Nadnerb] that sounds .. interesting. o.O
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next is jwplatt
[JWPlatt] Could a production house like Ubisoft (not to publish Uru) add premium content like an expansion pack to make a profit and help Uru be more successful? Ubisoft isn't "grass roots," but this question is really about who owns content and the attractive capcity to charge premiums at some point.
[MC] [Chogon] Well, the business plan is going to have to be flexible. We will start this way... but in the future may be we could leave open the possiblity of...
[MC] [Chogon] someone like a another studio to create content for extra fees.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] TigerTails is next
[MC] [Marten] TigerTails may be asleep. Yawni had a question?
[MC] [Yawni] Are there formal plans involving Guilds not mentioned in the MORE announcement? Specifically, I'm looking at Guilds like the Archivists, who were not reintroduced during MOUL.
[MC] [Chogon] At this point all of our plans are not formal (cast in stone). All of the guilds should be more involved (hit me over the head to remind me).
[MC] [Chogon] And hopefully, there will be ways of creating new guilds as new areas of help are needed.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Yali! you're next finally with your really big question. Beware of the character limit though.
[MC] [Yali] Ok, here's one. I've always held the idea that the best way for Uru to come back in full throttle would be through a complete rehaul and re-release, with a new spanking ad campaign and such. This would entail a development period which would hence lend itself to an improved, updated Uru. We've got to admit that Uru is already a game of a past technological generation. More so, I have this desire to see it return with as much force and vigo as Riven did in the wake of Myst. Would /does Cyan share this view?
[MC] [Chogon] For MORE, we are seeing more of a grass roots, build slowly process rather than the big bang a major marketing.
[MC] [Chogon] Yali: Yes it is possible in the future... which is not written yet. ;-)
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] NOTE: Chogon has told me that he's running out of steam. We've got about 15 more minutes. When we stop, I will collect questions that haven't been answered and forward them on to Chogon in hopes that we'll get more answers later.
[MC] [Marten] Next is a question from Dotsahvahn, who had to leave.
[MC] [Marten] He wrote: "While ages and other 'expensive' content may come far in the future, will 'cheaper' content like stor, character chats, and journal entries be added to MORE sooner? There were not enough little details, like notebooks to the GT ages, IMHO"
[MC] [Chogon] Yes, Cyan may be able to add smaller content sooner... but that will all be played by ear. But I could see
that happening.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next, Jamey
[MC] [Jamey] Will flymode patches for Avatars be given to the writers and maintainers to examine our ages?
[MC] [Chogon] Good question (again). Obviously there will have to be some kind of debugging tools for age creators. Not sure what they will be yet.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Rik is next.
[MC] [Rik] Thank you. As for the rehearsal and beta testers of MOUL (whover they may be ;)), are they still under the NDA? Also, is there anything left in the Pipeline?
[MC] [Chogon] As far as I know, the NDAs have not elapsed but I don't know what each individual signed.
[MC] [Chogon] As far as the "pipeline" there is a few things left around... but still needs lots of work.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Nadnerb] veralun asked: When it comes to a billing system, can PayPal be integrated into that? This gives more ppl the possebility to pay.
[MC] {Nadnerb] expanded: what billing options do you plan on?
[MC] [Chogon] We have not picked what billing system will be use... BUT we are considering very seriously using paypal as the method to collect funds.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] DarK is next
[MC] [DarK] with the guilds playing a more active role in the game, and while im aware of the lack of staff, is there work on a guid hall? can one be started
[MC] [Chogon] DarK: not sure about particular content. We will have to visit all those kinds of things and how we can get
them acomplished.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Narym] Narym for The Archiver... pretty sure this hasn't been asked
[MC] [Narym] but Will the content work entirely in a buffet style, so fans pick and choose exactly what Ages and content they want, or will there still be a base line for what things players need in order to connect to the server, a la MOUL?
[MC] [Chogon] Not sure about how that is going to work yet. There are many parts of that question... such as fan create age testing and the server having too much for download. yet to be determined.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Poseidon
[MC] [Poseidon] 2will we have the ability to add on to the city and relto to make more room for the age linking books that are due to be submitted? or are these places sacred ground that only cyan can add to, also what of the ages that were conceptualized by cyan but never finished.. could we step up and turn those ages into reality for you guys?
[MC] [Chogon] There will be sacred areas that the age creators will have to stay away from so that Cyan can continue creating content in those areas.
[MC] [Chogon] RAWA and Rand have been working on a guideline for those areas, which should be very close to being released.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Next is Lynnutte
[MC] [Lynnutte] Do you have a time frame as to when the cavern might be opened again? When the cavern is open again, what will be the population limit for the various areas such as the city and neighborhoods? If so, Will there be systems in place to include more people in events than area limits will allow or will the guilds be incharge of figuring that out?
[MC] [Chogon] Cavern re-opening... soon. When it does re-open it will have the same limits and things that were on MOUL.
[MC] [Chogon] That could very well change in the future. I do like the idea of having a simple age kind place for ampitheatre
kinds of events... but that is way in the future.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Aloys, next.
[MC] [Aloys] Is there anything we can do to help speed up the release of MOUL/MORE? Coding, testing, donations.. anything.
[MC] [Chogon] I think that we can have something up soon enough that power boosts are not needed. However, afterwards there will be lots more to do.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Colin_Brennan, next
[MC] [Colin_Brennan] It's been said in the roadmap that eventually users will be able to shard Myst on their own servers and host their own ages. Now, would this be more like directing the client to the server, or actually having the servers patched in through the Nexus to create a seamless transition from place to place, akin to Second Life? (Just wanted a clarification of the road map on that.)
[MC] [Chogon] The front end shards will not necessarly host their own content but be able to control a particular instance of an age, like a particular neighborhood.
[MC] [Chogon] But there may have to be some kind of in-game mechinism for avatars to find their way to those particular places...
[MC] [Chogon] and know they are crossing over the line to fan hosted age links.
[MC] [Colin_Brennan] Thanks Chogon.
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Chogon] mechanisms.... ahhhhhhh
[MC] [Marten] belford, you're up.
[MC] [belford] You (and the roadmap) mentioned releasing the 3DS Max plugin to the Guild of Writers. Right now, the GoW is literally defined as anybody who drops by the GoW forum and participates. So that means releasing the plugin to everybody. Is that what you want? Or do you see limiting it to a core developer team?
[MC] [Chogon] Yes, it is to be released to all that want them. The GoW is just the *mechanism* to get it out. (heh)
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Ametist?
[MC] [ametist] Thanks:)Have you seen any of the newly created (by fans) ages? Opinion if so?
[MC] [Chogon] Yes. I have used the ULM to look at several and I am very impressed. I can see there needs to be more testing on them (heh) but very cool!
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Atheni33 has another question
[MC] [Atheni33] 3I'm sure many of us have encountered disruptive players in Moul and we have had the ResEng to take care of such problems. Now that Cyan has reduced their staff how will such issues be addresses? Will we be able to ban such players from neighborhood/bevins during meetings and events? Or will there be a Guild created to address such issues?
[MC] [Chogon] Obviously, we will be short handed, especially in the ResEng area. We are looking at several different options...
[MC] [Chogon] next
[MC] [Marten] Nadnerb
[MC] [Nadnerb] uhm, I'm last? o.o
[MC] [Nadnerb] Zardoz asked: Will Uru canon continue in MORE or will it be suspended? That is to say, should I be worried about being eaten by Bahros if I venture into MORE?
[MC] [Chogon] It may be continued... see earlier answer.
[MC] [Chogon] Ok, maybe one more since that one was sort of a repeat
[MC] [Marten] We're on the last question now. I will collect unanswered questions and send them together to Chogon in hopes that he'll grace us with more of his time.
[MC] [Marten] :D Ok. Nyrphame!
[MC] [Nyrphame] rats sorry asked and answered - but squish to Chogon anyhow!
[MC] [Nynaveve] the answer was no
[MC] [Nynaveve] Thank you Chogon!! We really appreciate all your time
[MC] [Marten] Emily?
[MC] [Animate_Rain] Thx Chogon
[MC] [Herohtar] Thanks Chogon!
[MC] [Darkstar] second the seconds
[MC] [chucker] thanks Chogon
[MC] [Emily] We appreciate it Chogon!
[MC] [Emily] Thanks Chogan.

(off topic chat edited, complete log available on request :) )

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:26 pm 

Thanks for the edited version!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:54 pm 

it was a wonderful chat, and thanks so much to all who made it possible and enhanced the sharing, Marten for a great job MCing, Nadnerb for helping Marten set up the format, Cyan chat Tweek and chucker, and all who keep that so lively, all the great questions, Dagda for so kindly doing the live voice reading of the chat, Lynnutte and the relayers for setting up relays so fast, Ladee for doing the instant posting of the log here on the forum, Mara for helping set up the format for the relaying in various ways, and manning the mystonline live chat to host listeners, and Chogon for a wonderful sharing, so open, and detailed and informative....what an exciting time and so nice to see everyone ....can't wait to get back into the Cavern with you all!

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Any chance of getting the full version posted somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:27 pm 

here you go

[MC] [Animate_Rain] Thx Chogon

[MC] [Herohtar] Thanks Chogon!

[MC] [Darkstar] second the seconds

[MC] [chucker] thanks Chogon

[MC] [Emily] 13We appreciate it Chogon!

[MC] [boblishman] thank you Chagan ... it is appreciated

[MC] [Kate] Thanks Chogon :)

[MC] [Drake] We want MORE!

[wandering_nomad] *comrade salute*

[MC] [Lontahv] Good Q's and Great A's. Thanks. :D

[MC] [Greypiffle] *3claps*

[MC] [Gareth] Thank you Chogan

[MC] [belford] *bows*

[MC] [Rik] Thank you*****

[wandering_nomad] Farewell Markus Dimitriov! : D

[MC] [kyevan] Thanks, Chogon!

[MC] [Poseidon] 2yes... its so nice to finally hear from someone...

[Dhelayan] thanks chogon!!!!

[MC] [Aloys] Thanks for you time Mark

[MC] [Race] Thanks for the time and being open about the plans for Uru

[MC] [Adam_Reith] It was really good to have this chance to hear from you Chogon. Good Luck with all of this and I think I speak for everyone when I say we can hardly wait to see the new MORE.

[MC] [Emily] 13Thanks Chogan.

[MC] [Nynaveve] Thank you Chogon!! We really appreciate all your time

[MC] [Mysthral] Thx Chogon

[MC] [Saruk] Thanks Chogon

[MC] [Whilyam] Thank you Chogon

[MC] [Ewilan] don't know what time is it us time. just came back from work

[Tweek] Thank you Mark for your time.

[Dr CrisGer] thank youi very much

[MC] *** Guest_41039 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Jamey] *claps his hands*

[MC] [Tahg] Thans Chogon

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] *coming

[MC] [Race] I second that

[MC] [Drake] Thank you!

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] THANK YOU CHOGON - for soming in today :D

[MC] [Marten] Emily?

[MC] *** Grogyan <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Whilyam] 2 hours, it's been

[MC] [IanWatson] Ewilan, it's been two hours.

[MC] [Nynaveve] the answer was no

[MC] [Selee_Tayoy] Marten, how will you collect the questions?

[MC] [Marten] Last question is Nyrphame's.

[MC] [Nyrphame] rats sorry asked and answered - but squish to Chogon anyhow! :)

[MC] [kyevan] Answere,d Granelda.

[MC] [Tahg] that was answered I think

[MC] [Ewilan] the QA is over already ?

[MC] [granelda] ...will donations to Cyan help get things back sooner?....

[MC] *** Helodwyn <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] :D Ok. Nyrphame!

[MC] [LadeeRelayer] ping

[MC] [Tahg] <Pong>

[MC] [Chogon] Ok, maybe one more since that one was sort of a repeat

[MC] [Drake] <Ping>

[MC] *** Helodwyn <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** BrianNeferus <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Grogyan <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Zirrus] *cough*(i am NOT away :P)

[MC] [Marten] We're on the last question now. I will collect unanswered questions and send them together to Chogon in hopes that he'll grace us with more of his time.

[MC] [Chogon] It may be continued... see earlier answer.

[MC] [Ewilan] Shorah

[MC] [Darkstar] Shorah eveyone

[MC] *** Ewilan <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Nadnerb] ie, how will continuity be handled, (or not)

[MC] [Jahmen] Guild Police!

[MC] *** Darkstar <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Tahg] kyevan, you can do /ignore whoever

[MC] [Nadnerb] Zardoz asked: Will Uru canon continue in MORE or will it be suspended? That is to say, should I be worried about being eaten by Bahros if I venture into MORE?

[MC] [Nadnerb] uhm, I'm last? o.o

[MC] [Marten] Nadnerb

[MC] [Tahg] yes

[MC] [Marten] LAST QUESTION

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] REVAL *cough*

[MC] [kyevan] Is there a client-side mute I forget.?

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Simon_Bitdiddle] Drafting Biegalski?

[MC] [Chogon] Obviously, we will be short handed, especially in the ResEng area. We are looking at several different options...

[MC] [Emily] 13im changing my qeustion

[MC] [Race] he he

[MC] [JWPlatt] Brian, please stop your spamming

[MC] [Erik] Guild of Legislators :)

[MC] [Jacuru] Guild of Reseng's ?

[MC] [BrianNeferus] I so wanna use "the Art" right now

[MC] [Jen] GREAT question Atheni33!

[MC] [Jamey] take my name off the list plz ;)

[MC] [Atheni33] 3I'm sure many of us have encountered disruptive players in Moul and we have had the ResEng to take care of such problems. Now that Cyan has reduced their staff how will such issues be addresses? Will we be able to ban such players from neighborhood/bevins during meetings and events? Or will there be a Guild created to address such issues?

[Emor D'ni Lap] Note that there's a difference between the 3DSMax plugin and its code

[MC] [Marten] Atheni33 has another question

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Yes. I have used the ULM to look at several and I am very impressed. I can see there needs to be more testing on them (heh) but very cool!

[MC] [Kato] ahhh, that clears it up :)

[MC] [Tweek] Keep chatter to a minimum please.

[MC] [Rik] mechanisms are cool.

[MC] [ametist] Thanks:)Have you seen any of the newly created (by fans) ages? Opinion if so?

[MC] *** Rivendell <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] Ametist?

[MC] [kyevan] Oh thank Atrus! One of my friends will be VERY relieved.

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] yays *dances*

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [belford] yay. Thanks

[MC] [Deledrius] awesome

[MC] [Chogon] Yes, it is to be released to all that want them. The GoW is just the *mechanism* to get it out. (heh)

[MC] [kyevan] ... Never mind, belford just asked my question, basicly.

[MC] [Poseidon] 2i think it may be wise to get the game up first.. and release the tools in the game itself...

[MC] [Drake] Take That!

[MC] [BrianNeferus] overruled!

[MC] [Atheni33] 3lol

[theclam] take it to the forums

[MC] [Whilyam] Objection!

[MC] [Simon_Bitdiddle] BEVIN!

[MC] [Whilyam] Neighborhood!

[MC] [Erik] Tell Marten if you want to be in the queue, and then he will call you, kyevan

[MC] *** jmb30321 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [BrianNeferus] sperate nexus maybe..or "many age bevin"..lol

[MC] [belford] You (and the roadmap) mentioned releasing the 3DS Max plugin to the Guild of Writers. Right now, the GoW is literally defined as anybody who drops by the GoW forum and participates. So that means releasing the plugin to everybody. Is that what you want? Or do you see limiting it to a core developer team?

[MC] [Marten] belford, you're up.

[MC] [Drake] <Ping>

[MC] [kyevan] Good morning, everyone! I just woke up - what format is being used so this is the only time I have to break it? >_>

[MC] [Chogon] mechanisms.... ahhhhhhh

[MC] [Colin_Brennan] Thanks Chogon.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] and know they are crossing over the line to fan hosted age links.

[MC] [Whilyam] You love mechanisms, don't you? :P

[MC] [Chogon] But there may have to be some kind of in-game mechinism for avatars to find their way to those particular places...

[MC] [BrianNeferus] sorry

[MC] [BrianNeferus] or ages?

[MC] [Emily] 13lol

[MC] [Narym] most :P

[MC] [Chogon] The front end shards will not necessarly host their own content but be able to control a particular instance of an age, like a particular neighborhood.

[MC] [BrianNeferus] most of us forgive you

[MC] [Emily] 13srry lol

[MC] [Emily] 13oops

[MC] [Emily] 13When the new Uru starts, are there going to be any new relto pages or any ones that are being taken away - or are all of them going to be the same? If there are any new ones or any being taken away, what are they?

[MC] *** PiperDriver <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_47922 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Colin_Brennan] It's been said in the roadmap that eventually users will be able to shard Myst on their own servers and host their own ages. Now, would this be more like directing the client to the server, or actually having the servers patched in through the Nexus to create a seamless transition from place to place, akin to Second Life? (Just wanted a clarification of the road map on that.)

[MC] [Marten] Colin_Brennan, next

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] steam? :)

[MC] [Saruk] pizza

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Drake] oops

[MC] [Drake] A=P(sub)UP => DUP

[MC] [Chogon] I think that we can have something up soon enough that power boosts are not needed. However, afterwards there will be lots more to do.

[MC] *** MysteriacP <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Lynnutte] lol

[MC] [BrianNeferus] jk

[MC] [BrianNeferus] lol

[MC] [BrianNeferus] threats?

[MC] [Aloys] Is there anything we can do to help speed up the release of MOUL/MORE? Coding, testing, donations.. anything.

[MC] [Marten] Aloys, next.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] That could very well change in the future. I do like the idea of having a simple age kind place for ampitheatre kinds of events... but that is way in the future.

[theclam] jen: that was answered, "months"

[MC] [Atheni33] 3:)

[MC] *** Drake <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Jen] when you say "soon", does that mean days, weeks or months?

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] *remembers Soon(tm)*

[MC] *** Drake <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** mister <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Cavern re-opening... soon. When it does re-open it will have the same limits and things that were on MOUL.

[MC] [Narym] lol that's like a triple question :P

[MC] [Lynnutte] Do you have a time frame as to when the cavern might be opened again? When the cavern is open again, what will be the population limit for the various areas such as the city and neighborhoods? If so, Will there be systems in place to include more people in events than area limits will allow or will the guilds be incharge of figuring that out?

[MC] [Marten] Next is Lynnutte

[MC] [Drake] Oooh, this has sparked a question, add me to the list even if I don't get a chance to ask.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] RAWA and Rand have been working on a guideline for those areas, which should be very close to being released.

[MC] *** Collin <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [BrianNeferus] makes sense

[MC] [Chogon] There will be sacred areas that the age creators will have to stay away from so that Cyan can continue creating content in those areas.

[Dhelayan] yes, please remove me too, thanks

[MC] [Collin] marten please remove me from the list. my question was just asked

[MC] *** Yawni <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Arthur <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Poseidon] 2will we have the ability to add on to the city and relto to make more room for the age linking books that are due to be submitted? or are these places sacred ground that only cyan can add to, also what of the ages that were conceptualized by cyan but never finished.. could we step up and turn those ages into reality for you guys?

[MC] [Marten] Poseidon

[MC] [Greypiffle] 3you can vote in the forums guys - let's keep only questions here

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Not sure about how that is going to work yet. There are many parts of that question... such as fan create age testing and the server having too much for download. yet to be determined.

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] +1

[MC] [Tahg] I assume where you go will dictate what you get

[MC] [Nadnerb] +1

[MC] [Whilyam] I'd like to be able to pick and choose what I download

[MC] *** Bob <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** CyclinGuy <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Narym] but Will the content work entirely in a buffet style, so fans pick and choose exactly what Ages and content they want, or will there still be a base line for what things players need in order to connect to the server, a la MOUL?

[MC] *** Guest_38283 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Narym] Narym for The Archiver... pretty sure this hasn't been asked

[MC] *** Zuben <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [BrianNeferus] good to see i have time :/

[MC] [Chogon] DarK: not sure about particular content. We will have to visit all those kinds of things and how we can get them acomplished.

[MC] *** mesnab <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Thestranger <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Drahcir <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Helodwyn <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

///// [The stranger] <mistakenly used an unsafe linking book without a maintainer's suit *ZZZZZWHAP*> \\\\\

[MC] [Guest_48324] gives paypal thumbs up

[MC] *** Helodwyn <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Sumatria <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Narym] lol

[MC] [Marten] OK, there he is :)

[MC] [DarK] with the guilds playing a more active role in the game, and while im aware of the lack of staff, is there work on a guid hall? can one be started

[MC] [Marten] DarK? Ok, next, Narym.

[MC] *** SCGreyWolf <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Mara] ping aviodance post :)

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] *turns into a pillar of nara...*

[Dagda] ping!

[MC] [Zuben] :)

[MC] [Drake] <Marco! -ping check>

[MC] [Saruk] !help

[MC] [Herohtar] PayPal FTW

[MC] [Deledrius] excellent

[MC] *** Horatio <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Zuben] /help

[MC] [Marten] DarK is next

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] We have not picked what billing system will be use... BUT we are considering very seriously using paypal as the method to collect funds.

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] *follows Suamtria in the same fashion, also waving. (Must run errands)*

[MC] [semplerfi] ...

[MC] *** Nightshift6 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Lynnutte] Bye Sumi!

[MC] [Sumatria] 6:( bye everyone...I will read logs later *Chogon Thank you!!!

[MC] [Nadnerb] expanded: what billing options do you plan on?

[MC] [Marten] (Yes, Nadnerb's next.) :)

[MC] *** Guest_41039 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Nadnerb] veralun asked: When it comes to a billingsystem, can PayPal be integrated into that? This gives more ppl the possebility to pay.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] As far as the "pipeline" there is a few things left around... but still needs lots of work.

[MC] *** amoaca <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_32728 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] As far as I know, the NDAs have not elapsed but I don't know what each individual signed.

[MC] *** Ruby <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [BrianNeferus] brb

[MC] *** Abjab <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Rik] Thank you. As for the rehearsal and beta testers of MOUL (whover they may be ;)), are they still under the NDA? Also, is there anything left in the Pipeline?

[MC] [Marten] Rik is next.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Good question (again). Obviously there will have to be some kind of debugging tools for age creators. Not sure what they will be yet.

[MC] [BrianNeferus] makes sense

[MC] [Unicorn] isn't that what's in our (already) backpack?

[MC] *** Abjab <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Katreena <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Nadnerb] good point.. won't certain administrative privilages be needed for testing?

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] on the maintainer suits :)

[amonre] you mean... jetpacks? right?

[MC] [BrianNeferus] *twiddlin*

[MC] [Jamey] Will flymode patches for Avatars be given to the writers and maintainers to examine our ages?

[MC] [Marten] Next, Jamey

[MC] [Whilyam] <pong>

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Yes, Cyan may be able to add smaller content sooner... but that will all be played by ear. But I could see that happening.

[MC] [Drake] <Ping>

[wandering_nomad] JWplatt> I see what you did there. : o

[amonre] wb

[MC] [Nadnerb] *is banned. :(*

[MC] [LadeeRelayer] (sorry, chucker ... also keeping myself ping-friendly)

[Tweek] <is back>

[MC] [chucker] people on CyanChat can request the topic by sending "!topic" to MC as a private mssage.

[MC] [JWPlatt] Someone turn Chogon's Valve and turn up that Steam.

[MC] [oldmanjob] Guild of Greeters ready to go to work:)

[MC] [melodilynn] *has pellets to help fuel Chogon*

[MC] [Chogon] Yali: Yes it is possible in the future... which is not written yet. ;-)

[MC] [chucker] LadeeRelayer: it... already says that in the topic.

[MC] [Whilyam] *steams Chogon*

[MC] [Marten] He wrote: "While ages and other 'expensive' content may come far in the future, will 'cheaper' content like stor, character chats, and journal entries be added to MORE sooner? There were not enough little details, like notebooks to the GT ages, IMHO"

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] Hmm, steam eh? :)

[MC] [Marten] Next is a question from Dotsahvahn, who had to leave.

[MC] [Yali] could that be an option later on?

[MC] [Marten] NOTE: Chogon has told me that he's running out of steam. We've got about 15 more minutes. When we stop, I will collect questions that haven't been answered and forward them on to Chogon in hopes that we'll get more answers later.

[MC] *** MysteriacP <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Nynaveve] *drools.... oh sorry.*

[MC] [Chogon] For MORE, we are seeing more of a grass roots, build slowly process rather than the big bang a major marketing.

[MC] [LadeeRelayer] * * * Courtesy Notice * * * A Chatlog of this session is available at http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15808

[MC] [Whilyam] :P

[MC] [Whilyam] Give us Aragorn!

[MC] [Alahmnat] Whil> he'd bring in the ladies ;)

[MC] [Erik] :P

[MC] *** Zrax <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Whilyam] force and Vigo Mortensen!

[MC] [Yali] I have this desire to see it return with as much force and vigor as Riven did in the wake of Myst. Would /does Cyan share this view?

[MC] *** Guest_48324 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [BrianNeferus] nuts..ok thanks guys.... i got confused with "Marten has given voice to BrianNeferus"

\\\\\ [amonre] <links in from Cyan Worlds Age> /////

[MC] *** Gareth <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [chucker] after "More so, I have this desire to see it return with as much force and vigo"

[MC] [chucker] Yali: split into multiple lines.

[MC] [Tahg] cut off

[MC] *** Dichromus <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Poseidon <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Yali] Ok, here's one. I've always held the idea that the best way for Uru to come back in full throttle would be through a complete rehaul and re-release, with a new spanking ad campaign and such. This would entail a development period which would hence lend itself to an improved, updated Uru. We've got to admit that Uru is already a game of a past technological generation. More so, I have this desire to see it return with as much force and vigo

[MC] [oldmanjob] uild of Greeters on call

[MC] *** Poseidon <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** essjay <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Gareth <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] Yali! you're next finally with your really big question. Beware of the character limit though.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [chucker] BrianNeferus: http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/queue.html you're, like, way down there.

[theclam] brian: the line is http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/queue.html

[MC] [Tahg] there is about 30-40 people ahead Brian

[MC] *** Zrax <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [BrianNeferus] aw monkeyfeathers

[MC] [Chogon] And hopefully, there will be ways of creating new guilds as new areas of help are needed.

[MC] [melodilynn] *waits for a chance to be close enough to do that*

[MC] [IanWatson] (Guild of Linguists!)

[MC] [Whilyam] *weilds a large hammer*

[MC] [Tahg] no

[MC] [BrianNeferus] so i can ask now?

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] [hits over head] Guild of technologists :D

[MC] [BrianNeferus] DANG! ihad gotten logged out

[MC] [Alahmnat] Chogon> Oh, I will, hehe

[MC] [Nynaveve] :)

[MC] *** BrianNeferus <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Guest_90200 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** BrianNeferus <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [BrianNeferus] ah, my bad...so ill just wait for my question to be answered...

[MC] [Chogon] At this point all of our plans are not formal (cast in stone). All of the guilds should be more involved (hit me over the head to remind me).

[MC] [Narym] :O

[MC] *** Ishtar <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Alahmnat] Hooray for Archivist love!. And amazingly, I still have a question ;)

[MC] [Narym] bet Al does too :P

[MC] [Drake] Trying not to time out.))

[MC] [Marten] (I like this question)

[MC] [chucker] Amanda: ping

[MC] *** Kerryth <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Yawni] Are there formal plans involving Guilds not mentioned in the MORE announcement? Specifically, I'm looking at Guilds like the Archivists, who were not reintroduced during MOUL.

[MC] *** Guest_15443 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Deledrius] there's a line of people asking questions, BrianNeferus

[MC] [Marten] TigerTails may be asleep. Yawni had a question?

[MC] *** MiniCapnQuery <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Guest_90200 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [BrianNeferus] Wait waddya mean bottom of the queue?

[MC] *** Guest_96627 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_15443 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Tela <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Whitch2 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Whitch2 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** DoTsahvahn <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [BrianNeferus] k

[MC] *** Dichromus <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] TigerTails is next

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Marten] Brian> I'll add you to the bottom of the queue.

[MC] [Chogon] someone like a another studio to create content for extra fees.

[MC] [BrianNeferus] Just wanted to know if Cyan is thinking of making their own sort of Age making program specifically made for the ART...like a D'ni Age Managaer so to speak...to make creating links easier...

[MC] *** Hitana <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Well, the business plan is going to have to be flexible. We will start this way... but in the future may be we could leave open the possiblity of...

[MC] *** Guest_35245 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Auzho <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_37647 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** DaytonaKit <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** chucker has changed the IRC topic to: MORE: http://ln-s.net/1zyP roadmap: http://ln-s.net/1zyQ chatlog: http://ln-s.net/20-: || Your host will be Marten. Announce that you have a question, and he'll call you up. Current queue: http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/queue.html

[MC] [Marten] Queue: http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/queue.html

[MC] [Emily] 13kk thanks

[MC] [Gadren] (how do we check the queue?)

[wandering_nomad] Because of you... Lontahv *gives him... the eye*

[MC] [Marten] Emily> got it

[MC] [Emily] 13im on the list twice :) can you take the second time off?

[JWPlatt] Could a production house like Ubisoft (not to publish Uru) add premium content like an expansion pack to make a profit and help Uru be more successful? Ubisoft isn't "grass roots," but this question is really about who owns content and the attractive capcity to charge premiums at some point.

[MC] [Marten] Next is jwplatt (nommie took his question back)

[MC] *** Guest_35245 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** RicKy <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Guest_38283 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** BrianNeferus <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Erik] Jamey: http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/queue.html

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Jamey] where is the list anyway?

[MC] [Chogon] Obviously there was to be some way to tell the server what you are doing... that way you can have other people help you test multiplayer

[MC] [Emily] 13yea i thought i was on the list too but add me if im not already there :)

[MC] *** DoTsahvahn <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Nadnerb] that sounds .. interesting. o.O

[MC] *** RicKy <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Jamey] add me to the list if I'm not already on there ;)

[MC] [Chogon] Not sure how that is going to work yet. But I am thinking that to test your age you will connect to the Cyan server but be allowed to have local data.

[MC] [Marten] (if you shift-refresh the queue, you should see yourselves being added; let me know if I miss you.)

[MC] [Alahmnat] Zuben> Sorry, you were beaten to the punch ;)

[MC] [Leonor] *raises hand again*

[MC] [Zuben] Poll for starting MORE posted: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 786#262786

[MC] [Lynnutte] Yey Nadnerb

[theclam] *raises hand*

[MC] [Marten] Next is Nadnerb with more Qs from the MOUL thread

[MC] [Nadnerb] rephrase: Will there be an offline release of the client for local testing of new ages prior to any submittal, or will we need to use full on-line server for testing from the start of development? (and in either case, how will that be handled?)

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Colin_Brennan] ((http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15814 - for the cleft vs. relto))

[MC] [Chogon] Sorry... I meant the detail are not worked out yet.

[MC] [Chogon] The details are worked out yet... but yes. I'm not sure how user friendly the tools will be or whether there will be something in-game to use to create.

[Eleri] Erik touched on this a bit, but with Age building as the primary focus, how can non age builders contribute? Will there be tools for objects and animations and avatar options? What about fan run 'characters' like JD Barnes, will there be a place for fan story?

[Eleri] ok... yay cut and paste

[Eleri] (hold on two secs, Mousie is screaming in my ear

[MC] [Marten] Eleri is up

[MC] [LadeeRelayer] * * * Courtesy Notice * * * A Chatlog of this session is available at http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15808

[MC] [Marten] *fixes some items missing from the html queue page*

[MC] [Nadnerb] Eleri?

[MC] [Cully] next!

[MC] *** Mathias <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Tichelle] Someone put up a poll on MOUL lol

[MC] *** ametist <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Greypiffle] 3let's get back on track

[MC] [Chogon] next

[Jane] what Betara said!

[MC] [Whilyam] Getting there is half the fun :P

[MC] [Altydwarber] let just get MORE

[MC] [Zuben] true dat, Betara

[MC] [Narym] starting point discussion for the forums, guys

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] lol

[MC] [Betara] Let's just Get there

[MC] [Simon_Bitdiddle] Quiet.

[MC] [Nadnerb] hehe

[MC] [Chogon] ahh, the clefties

[MC] *** ametist <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [JennyH] 6cleft

[MC] [Dachannien] sorry Chogon, the fans have spoken ;)

[MC] [JennyH] 6+1

[MC] *** DeAnn <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Helodwyn] +1 cleft

[MC] [belford] chill

[MC] [Animate_Rain] +1 relto

[MC] [Chogon] When we re-open the cavern it will be just like it was in MOUL, you will start out in Relto. Whether that changes in the future... don't know.

[MC] [Ishtar] +1

[MC] *** boblishman <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] fine, cleft :P

[MC] [Jamey] +1 cleft

[MC] [melodilynn] I want Cleft!

[MC] [RicKy] +1 cleft

[MC] [Trylon] +1 Cleft

[Eleri] ssshhhh

[MC] [Marten] shh folks :)

[MC] [Trevor1017] Cleft!

[MC] [Whilyam] +1 Cleft

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] aw, wot, I liked relto :D

[MC] [Drake] Cleft

[MC] [Veralun] 6just wipe the coffe from that keyboard than it work again

[MC] [Kato] +1 cleft

[MC] [Tailahr] 6+1

[MC] [Zuben] +1 cleft

[MC] [Nadnerb] :(

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] -1

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] +1

[MC] [Nadnerb] (vote for cleft)

[MC] [Chogon] <stupid keyboard>

[MC] [Kero] Will we be starting logicaly at the Cleft like we did in Prologue or start in Relto scratching our heads wondering how the heek we got there?

[MC] [Marten] Next is Kero

[MC] [Kato] good old PuPrp :)

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] oohs

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Marten] I'm posting the current queue here. If you've asked to be on the queue and don't see yourself on the list, let me know. http://marten.treeweasel.com/Uru/queue.html

[MC] [Collin] *raises hand*

[MC] *** DeAnn <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] and be compatible with MORE.

[MC] [Atheni33] 3lol

[MC] [Chogon] Yes. PuPrp will be one of the tools. When the source for the plugin get released then the authors of PyPrp can modify it to include more things.

[MC] [chucker] Simon_Bitdiddle: :D

[MC] [Race] lol melo

[MC] [Simon_Bitdiddle] I still want an Ikea Age.

[MC] [Nadnerb] (ie, you have no legal way to create content, but we accept that it exists o.O)

[MC] *** jo <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [melodilynn] *still wants that patio furniture for her relto :)*

[MC] [Lontahv] Chogon> When Fan-Created-Ages are allowed will you "legalize" pyprp... if you know what I mean. Because I've grown very used to Blender and comfortable with adding features to PyPrp and would like to continue.

[MC] [Marten] lontahv is next

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Leonor] Cool! :D

[MC] *** Drake <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] The roadmap and most of the discussions have been about age creation... but there is a lot more things that user created content can be. Such as clothing, emotes, and more objects in your relto or neighborhood

[MC] *** NomadMolly <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Mara <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Mara <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Erik] Aside from user-made Ages would users also be able to create content like notebooks in existing Ages? (Like a journal in your Relto that others can read)

[MC] [Marten] Next is Erik

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Currently, the front end servers are Windows. That doesn't mean that in the future that couldn't change.

[MC] *** Guest_52815 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** MustardJeep <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Zuben <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [IanWatson] *raises his hand*

[MC] [Nadnerb] or both? >.>

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] That creates another question, but I'm out of line now. :)

[MC] [Marten] Next is a question from Tofer who had to leave: Front end servers: Windows or Linux?

[MC] [Kato] I'm sure we'd all love the opportunity to be intern employees, heh

[MC] [chucker] just pointing out that he's around. :)

[MC] [Whilyam] (Tweek == that shadow in the corner)

[MC] *** Guest_58278 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] right, thanks chucker

[MC] [chucker] (Denis == amonre)

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] *** Guest_94654 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] In other words, you would almost have to be an intern employee, kind of like Tweek and Denis.

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] Thanks! :)

[MC] [Chogon] You are right, it is not on the roadmap. However, I can see that we could use some help but it would a closely directed by Cyan operation.

[MC] *** Liandra <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** MarkDev <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] First, congratulations on getting y'alls baby back. Q: Is there a possibility of adding outside assistance for the Plasma engine to the roadmap, or does Cyan prefer to keep that to themselves? Some of us would love to help. (All rights would be retained by Cyan, of course.)

[MC] [Marten] Next is SCGreyWolf

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [PiperDriver] Yep. Have all that.

[MC] [Chogon] because we would not want to have any host jumping in. So, you will have to have a static ip because we will restict it just them (sorry for getting technical)

[MC] [PiperDriver] And whatever we can do to help, just ask.

[MC] [PiperDriver] Cool, thanks.

[MC] *** Zadok <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_58278 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Yes. But not immediately, we will have to change some stuff on the server side. But there will have to be a registration of those servers

[MC] [Ace] Marten, please place me in the queue for a question

///// [Purple Penguin] <links safely back to their home Age> \\\\\

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] thats good, thanks :

[MC] *** Mari <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [PiperDriver] Will Cyan engage some of us who have server space and bandwidth to host clustered portions of the server code? And if so, how do we get on the list of volunteers?

[MC] *** Mesnab <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] Next is PIperdriver

[MC] [Erik] cool

[MC] *** Slughorn42 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] next

[Eleri] oooo

[MC] *** Guest_96627 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Gadren] *has a question too :)*

[MC] [Liandra] TomahanaGuy beat me to my question. I don' t have one now. *sigh*

[MC] [Chogon] we definitenly want to continue the storyline. There will be story guidelines post by Cyan that for the user created content to stay away from so that we can continue.

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] in the sky :)

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] pie...

[MC] [Lynnutte] ty

[MC] [Marten] I have you on the list twice lynnutte

[MC] [Lynnutte] In case you missed it, I have a question too.

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] What is your position on storyline related content from Cyan's part? I know you guys have said that Cyan content is still "pie in the sky" but what is your stance on continuing the storyline?

[MC] *** Drewski <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] Next ix Tomahnaguy

[MC] *** church <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] Yes, you're both on the list

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] *** mar <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] But also we hope that information doesn't have to go through guildmasters but flow from fans also.

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] *wonders the same... :)*

[MC] [melodilynn] It's a long, long list, Gran

[MC] [granelda] *wonders if i'm on the list please*

[MC] *** DoTsahvah1 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Cyan will still be responsibile for things like canon and policies and how things should come together. We will take input from the guilds but on the big things, Cyan will make the decisions.

[MC] *** Tlayeh <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_37647 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

///// [Lehsa] <links safely back to their home Age> \\\\\

[MC] *** chucker has changed the IRC topic to: MORE: http://ln-s.net/1zyP roadmap: http://ln-s.net/1zyQ chatlog: http://ln-s.net/20-: || Your host will be Marten. Announce that you have a question, and he'll call you up.

[MC] *** Deg <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[Lehsa] *vanishes*

\\\\\ [theclam] <links in from somewhere on the internet Age> /////

///// [theclam] <mistakenly used an unsafe linking book without a maintainer's suit *ZZZZZWHAP*> \\\\\

[MC] [Simon_Bitdiddle] Will the Guildmasters be our representatives to Cyan for flow of information or will there be clearly defined Cyanist responsibilities for various aspects of canon and policies?

[MC] *** CyclinGuy <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] Simon_Bitdiddle

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Sorry.. I meant "We haven't completely sorted that out yet."

[MC] [Chogon] We having completely sorted that out yet. But joining the guilds is a start because that is where we are going to ask for help first.

[MC] [mtn-man] indeed

[MC] *** DoTsahvahn <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [ghaelen] yay for the Relayers!

[MC] *** pradfah <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Lynnutte] we are also relaying on Mystonline.info

[MC] [Hitana] having your little staff; where exactly do you need help we players could possibly provide? and would you just give away the tools needed for that help?

[MC] [Marten] Next, Hitana

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [melodilynn] And those who are able to go to SL can go there, where the chat is being relayed

[MC] [Chogon] We will have to look at all those kind of things when we re-open the cavern. It sounds like they should be available again.

[MC] *** Rivendell <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** DaytonaKit <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** DoTsahvah1 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[Dagda] sorry to chime in, but for those who have been trying to connect to the TeamSpeak side, a few spots opened up, and we're trying to get the server limit raised.

[MC] *** angle <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** nanouk <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Liandra] i also have a question Marten

[MC] [rTayrtahn] Will Kadish's helmet be offered once again? Also, there seems to have been other bonus clothing items that were offered in the beginning of last year that were never offered again. Will those be available as well?

[MC] *** DaytonaKit <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** ChrisW <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_94654 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] rTayrtahn

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] but that is really hypothetical and that is not really our plan (even though plans can change) to have a publisher pick it up later.

[MC] [Chogon] Good question. Not sure I have the answer. It MORE become big enough that attracts a publisher that would really help MORE, then that would have to be determine with that agreement...

[MC] [Lynnutte] *raises her hand*

[MC] *** Tlayeh|Ghost is now known as Tlayeh

[MC] [Simon_Bitdiddle] Bah, it's not like he's got a few servers to put back up or anything...

[MC] *** Tlayeh <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** gofish <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] At some point I'm sure Chogon will need to go, I'll collect questions from that point and forward them on in hopes of getting more answers.

[MC] *** Calculus <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [ghaelen] *raises her hand to be added to the que

[MC] *** Jody <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] *keeps adding folks to queue* :)

[MC] [Trevor1017] You can ad me to the long que again, lol!

[MC] *** Tlayeh|Ghost <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Selee_Tayoy] I have a question

[MC] [Guest_87155] Have you considered how copyright will be handled regarding any fan-created intellectual property that eventually makes its way onto the main Cyan server specifically regarding who will own this work and what mechanism will be in place to codify that ownership?

[MC] [Guest_87155] It is assumed that one of the ultimate goals of MORE is to eventually see a profitable gaming world emerge. Cyan and Gametap obviously have an agreement on how that would be handled between them. This leaves a broader question still open...

[MC] [Trevor1017] 3Yeah, lol sorry! Trying to find the best way to word that!

[MC] [Marten] Guest_87155 is next

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Well, MORE is an official part of Cyan. But I see what you are asking... yes, in the grand scheme it would be nice for Cyan to be able to create more content, stories and more.

[MC] [Tahg] people, can you please not use color? It blends in with the server messages

[MC] [Whilyam] *wishes to be added to the question list*

[MC] [Trevor1017] 3If, after some time, enough users sign up to turn MORE into a profitable game, maybe with the eventual release of the Myst Movie, would you consider making it an official part of your company again? e.g. Regular ages, story, items, upgrades, etc.?

[MC] [Whilyam] I don't think it can be turned into an Uru age

[MC] [Marten] Trevor is next.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Whilyam] Ages of Ilathid is a more complex game, I think

[Novah @work] far as I know they still plan to release it as stand-alone. : ) But I've been inactive so I cant' really answer that

[MC] [Jahmen] K thanx

[MC] [Chogon] There might have to be some kind of conversion tool written by a fan(?) to help bring them forward

[MC] [Mari] *needs pelets for her coffee*

[Novah @work] Ages of Ilathid is still in production

[MC] *** Robert_The_Rebuilder <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Lyndah <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Jahmen] Ages of ilathid? It came out in stand alone where please?

[MC] [Chogon] Oh, right. Yes, that is why we need to release the plugins for MORE so that the old ages that were standalone can be brought forward.

[MC] *** Guest_10143 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [melodilynn] Gran wants pellets. :)

[Dhelayan] *wants to ask a question too :)*

[MC] *** Trylon <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Amrita <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [granelda] granelda raises her hand

[MC] [MustardJeep] Some fun things like Ages of ilathid and a few other project coming back into uru instead of standalone like they are now

[MC] [Ruby] Server sooner than later? Is there anywhere to leave our $25.00?

[MC] [Lynnutte] Kerryth, look at the top of the chat and click the other tab.

[MC] [Marten] MustardJeep?

[MC] *** angle <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

///// [Dakro] <mistakenly used an unsafe linking book without a maintainer's suit *ZZZZZWHAP*> \\\\\

[MC] [Chogon] ok

[MC] *** Dakro <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Race <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] I'd like to give MustardJeep an opportunity to clarify his question, then continue with the queue.

[MC] *** Race <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Leighana <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Then we will work on the roadmap and the including the things needed for user created content.

[MC] [Chogon] I'm not sure what the first question is asking...? The second question: we will restart the servers pretty much where we left them in MOUL so that people can get back into the cavern as soon as possible.

[MC] *** nita <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Nynaveve] Guild of Writers

[MC] *** Dudemom_2000 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [lizardtattoo] UCC=user created content, but what is GoW?

[MC] [Marten] er... questions in queue

[MC] [MustardJeep] And I wrote the first :D

[MC] [Nadnerb] :)

[MC] [Nadnerb] (sorry about the double questions, my copy and paste is flawed)

[MC] [Nadnerb] rats

[MC] [Nadnerb] oh

[MC] [Marten] (32 qs in question beyond this point)

[MC] [Erik] (Those two questions were posted separately... and I can know, I wrote the second :P)

[MC] *** chucker has changed the IRC topic to: MORE: http://ln-s.net/1zyP roadmap: http://ln-s.net/1zyQ || Your host will be Marten. Announce that you have a question, and he'll call you up.

[MC] *** Amon <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Nadnerb] :)

[MC] *** Amon1 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Nadnerb] (sorry about the double-questions, but people like to post that way on forums)

[MC] [Alahmnat] Marten: please tack me onto the bottom of your obscenely long list of interrogators

[MC] [Jamey] *raises hand to be put in line*

[MC] [Emily] --Raises hand--

[MC] [Nyrphame] 4*raises hand*

[MC] [Nadnerb] A lot of focus is going to be on the GoW, but does Cyan see a place for outside Fan creations turning back around if their developers want and reentering Uru in MORE?Will you first open the servers and then work on a structure for UCC, or will you open the servers after you have nailed down how UCC will be handled?

[MC] [Marten] Nadnerb

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] I'm not sure what the international communtiy can do specifically yet... but I'm sure y'all will have great ideas.

[MC] *** fuzzymonkey1 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Atheni33] 5*raises hand*

///// [amonre] <mistakenly used an unsafe linking book without a maintainer's suit *ZZZZZWHAP*> \\\\\

[MC] *** Fuzzymonkey1 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_21757 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Promoting MORE is good. You just have to be careful about being a spammer or grabbing too much of the marketing wheel.

[Marten] (eleri)

[MC] *** LIRA <links safely back to their home Age>

[Marten] 10 ahead of you

\\\\\ [amonre] <links in from Cyan Worlds Age> /////

[MC] [Zadok] backness

[MC] *** granelda <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Zadok <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Veralun] 6Will there be a promotion from Cyan's side or can fans help with that?

[MC] [Veralun] 6What can the international community do to promote MORE in their area/country?

[MC] [Marten] Veralun

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] The initial testing of the servers will need some testers. We haven't got far enough to have a sign up sheet yet. It will be posted on myystonline.com if/when it happens.

[MC] *** Emily <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Amanda] amonre: It's the Q/A, shh

[MC] [chucker] shh!

[MC] *** LIRA <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [amonre] hi all

[MC] [amonre] wtf

[MC] [amonre] oh

[MC] *** Silverdragonesse <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Amanda <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** amonre <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** church <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Nisan <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** LIRA <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Deledrius] very cool

[MC] [nita] will there be a need for testers for the game, if so, how and when do we sign up?

[MC] [Marten] Nita

[MC] [Greypiffle] 3cool - thank****

[MC] *** TigerTails <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Yes. That is why I want to release the source to the plugins as well as the binaries. That way some could write their own tools.

[MC] *** Guest_32510 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** uniplayer <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Drahcir <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Greypiffle] 3To help support functionality, will we be allowed to ue the 3DS Plugins to create plugins for our favorite 3D application?

[MC] *** Guest_52815 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Deg <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** jclay10111 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] greypiffle!

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] It will be one user per account with (was it?) 5 avatars. That is the way we are going to start. It might change in the future? Don't know.

///// [Deg] <mistakenly used an unsafe linking book without a maintainer's suit *ZZZZZWHAP*> \\\\\

[MC] [ametist] I have a question, please put me in line

[MC] [ghaelen] and the play A Cavern Christmas Carol

[MC] *** Guest_87154 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_32510 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Jen] When we get an account, can we have multiple users or will it be one user per account? With gametap, 1 account had up to 5 users, and each user could have multiple avatars. Will that change?

[MC] [belford] (I raise my hand)

[MC] *** pradfah <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] Next, Jen

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Hopefully, we can fix some of those intrusive bugs. It may not happen at the start but sometime after.

[MC] [Lightkeeper] Yea! SG :D

[MC] *** Joshua <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [SuperGram] *pulls out St. Pat's hat*

[MC] *** Drewski <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Tweek] Cyan said they won't be adding content at the start, however the Minkata spark is pretty bugged to the point where it stops everyone getting a full set of Calendar Roses, would this be something that would be fixed at all or not?

[MC] [Marten] Next up, Tweek

[MC] *** Zadok <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Zadok] brb

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Hmmm, that is a tough question. It would be easy to say you have to see the whole thing... ummm, I would have to say one of the fan events like the parades or one of the plays.

[MC] [Simon_Bitdiddle]

[MC] *** Guest_87154 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] Was looking in order of hands. ;)

[MC] *** Guest_91973 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [LIRA] snap

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] Oops

[MC] [Tahg] Leonor asked a q

[MC] [Tahg] no he didn't

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] (You forgot Leonor)

[MC] [LIRA] oops,sorry

[MC] [Nynaveve] Oh a true interview question. :D

[MC] [LIRA] Where have you been?

[MC] [Colin_Brennan] Hi Chogon. :D If you could pick one part of MORE and flaunt that to the entire gaming community to get them to play MORE, what part are you choosing to flaunt and why?

[MC] [Marten] Colin_Brennan is next

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] We will have to have some kind of beta testing... but it might be small and quick this time since (theoritically) not much has changed at the start.

[MC] [Lynnutte] me three

[MC] *** Unicorn <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Poseidon] 2toss me in line again... i have another question

[MC] [Chogon] The beta testing and the Guild of Maintainers are two seperate functions (one is tesing the servers and the other testing new content).

[MC] *** StarCat79_ktania is now known as StarCat79_sleep

[MC] *** Collin <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Fuzzymonkey1 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Lynnutte] lol

[MC] *** Collin <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Guest_14895] apophis says nut

[MC] [Mari] Will there be a beta team needed or will the Guild of Maintainers take care of all of that?

[MC] [LIRA] me too;)

[MC] [melodilynn] Everyone knows that, Lynn... LOL

[MC] [Lynnutte] I'm an oldie but a goodie

[MC] [Marten] Next, Mari

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] Hmmm, part of the problem will be identifying who are the oldies. Something we'll have to think about.

[MC] [Leonor] A small matter... Can MOUL oldbies have their calendar sparklies turned on in their Relto when MORE is up?

[MC] *** Guest_21739 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] Leonor

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] We hope that the Guilds and Cyan will like partners in this new adventure. So, there will lots of involvment in both directions.

\\\\\ [Dakro] <links in from somewhere on the internet Age> /////

[MC] [Atheni33] 5How involved is Cyan going to be with the guilds?

[MC] *** Dinnen <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] Next is Atheni.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] All of the patches will come from Cyan. (but the origin of the patch may come from user content).

[MC] *** Dinnen <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Ruby <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Lynnutte] lol

[MC] [Chogon] All of the download of MORE will be done through the patcher (which you could have done even when on GameTap)

[MC] *** Guest_18455 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Dachannien] *suggests BitTorrent*

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] tritto (for MOUL at least)

[Tweek] ditto

[MC] *** Guest_55246 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Tahg] I never used GT :\

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] ooh good q ^^

[MC] [Poseidon] 2with gametap gone.. how will we be able to download and update the new game... same as before... or via some new method? also.. will the users be able to create patches for the game.. version 9 had some serious problems and limitations when uru went down

[MC] [Zadok] whoa, Danear, it's been quite a while

[MC] [Marten] Poseidon is up

[MC] *** Guest_50133 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] The short answer is yes. But I think that that will have to be more of a directed from Cyan effort like the D'mala shard updates were.

[MC] [Dachannien] Nadnerb: I think "could I get access back" was your second question ;)

[Lehsa] *pounces*

[Lehsa] DAN :D

[MC] [Danear] *is noogied*

[MC] [Tahg] Nad>getting access back =P

[MC] [Marten] *rofl*

[Lehsa] *noogies the rest ;P*

[MC] [Nadnerb] I'm just copying

[MC] [Jamey] lol

[Lehsa] *huggles Nisan*

[MC] [Narym] lol

[MC] *** Guest_21739 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Nadnerb] it's what somone wrote on the forum as one question

[MC] *** isca <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Ha ha (Stupid CyanChat, who wrote that anyhow)

\\\\\ [Lehsa] <links in from somewhere on the internet Age> /////

[Tweek] :P

[Novah @work] Nadnerb> That was two questions. : p

[MC] *** Ruby <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Nadnerb] >.>

[MC] [Nadnerb] could I get access back?

[MC] [Nadnerb] cyanchat just banned me for that line

[MC] [Nadnerb] candidate for improvement.

[MC] [Nadnerb] and bugfixes in the server or client code as it did in Until Uru? e.g. The KI is a popular

[MC] [Nadnerb] Will Cyan, or would Cyan like to, accept competent fan code submissions for features, rewrites,

///// [Nadnerb] <links safely back to their home Age> \\\\\

[Nadnerb] Will Cyan, or would Cyan like to, accept competent fan code submissions for features, rewrites,

[MC] *** JMCochran <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] *keeps adding names to queue*

[MC] *** Gizmo <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Marten] Nadnerb

[MC] [Rik] marten: I have a question

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] We will be working with TransGaming to make that happen. All indications so far is yes

[MC] [Nynaveve] lol chogon. :)

[MC] *** Collin <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[Dhelayan] my question is, will MORE also run on the Mac again?

[MC] [Marten] dhelyan is next.

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] It is possible that it could be in months (ducks head).

[MC] [PiperDriver] *raises hand*

[MC] [Jamey] *would like to be added into the question listy again plz*

[The stranger] good

[MC] [Kato] *cheers*

[MC] [Hitana] *raises hand again* (if i may ask more questions ^^)

[MC] *** Danear <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] I was waiting for that question...heh. As soon as we can. There is just Randy (not Rand) and I working on bring it back up. We want to do it as soon as possible.

[MC] *** gofish <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Guest_14895] chogon thank you reff to all countrys apophis

[MC] [Whilyam] When do you anticipate the servers coming back online?

[MC] [Marten] Whilyam is next

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [TigerTails] Right, quiten down people.

[The stranger] haha

[MC] [Erik] All countries will have access to MORE

[MC] [Chogon] The ResEngs is a problem that we will have to solve before we re-open the cavern. Not sure how that will be staffed yet

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] Gadren: Internation access.

[MC] [Marten] That is indeed good news. Let's keep the cheer to the end please.

[MC] [MustardJeep] Glass of water for the stranger

[MC] [Atheni33] 5were going global

[MC] [Whilyam] The globe thanks you XD

[MC] [Guest_43208Della] Yahooooo

[MC] [Atheni33] 5brillant

[MC] [Gadren] what are we cheering about?

[MC] [Trevor1017] 3Hooray!

[MC] [Tichelle] 10Woot!

[MC] [Eschaton] ^.^

[MC] [Ishtar] yey!

[MC] [Alahmnat] *wants his lamp-helmet back if the ResEngs are going to be back ;)*

[MC] [ametist] Thankyou!:)

[MC] [Whilyam] Excellent

[MC] [Atheni33] 5cheer

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] *cheers*

[The stranger] yay

[MC] *** Gadren <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Guest_50133 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] We hope to have the entire globe have access to MORE, meaning all countries!

[MC] [melodilynn] Hi Riven

[MC] *** Yali2 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Rivendell] Hi Melodi

[MC] [Hitana] which countries will have access to the new Myst Online? will there be ResEngs again? If not, who would take care of that?

[MC] [Marten] Next is Hitana

[MC] [Chogon] next

[Novah @work] calling him a cute name won't bump you up in the queue, nomad : p

[MC] [Alahmnat] ... Martypoo?

[MC] [Chogon] So, we will have to have some way of breaking that up in the future (we always knew that day would come) so the downloads can be smaller

[MC] [Jamey] right, storage space which some of our individual computers may not be able to handle, it builds up

[wandering_nomad] Can you chalk me up for a question too, Martypoo?

[MC] [Chogon] But once an UCC age is approved and moved to the Cyan servers, then it will be download to all. But as you can see, there might be too much data eventially

[MC] [Marten] Rdy for next Chogon?

[MC] [Kero] Kero asks to be added to the queue please

[MC] *** grinnel <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Airon <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Good question (again). We are not certain how the testing of UCC ages will happen but I think it will be with local copies (not on the servers).

[MC] *** Kat <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Jamey] or will it be different?

[MC] *** MarkDev <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Marten] (I've got a list of about 20 in queue now)

[MC] [Jamey] will that happen again?

[MC] *** Lydiamalia <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Jamey] I know that when MOUL was on gametap, we had the files in our program files

[MC] *** Shana <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [chucker] guys, instead of asking directly, please let Marten decide who's next up.

[MC] [Tofer] *raises his hand*

[MC] [Jamey] Ok hee is mine: I do have one question Chogon, I know that a lot of new ages are going to be added to MORE. Will all the age files and data be stored on Cyan Servers or our Computers? Because all that data on our individual computers will take up a lot of space..

[MC] [Marten] Jamey is next

[MC] [Jen] who is next in queue?

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] *raises his hand.*

[MC] *** Guest_75003 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** uniplayer <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[Nadnerb] robert: clarify, just what you mean by the python api? documentation? chogon: does such documentation exist?

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] [Chogon] And possibly also some of the Python code that is in the game. But like I said, not sure how that is going to happen, I just know that it will.

[MC] [rTayrtahn] oops, sorry

[MC] *** Guest_71314 <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [rTayrtahn] <Chogon>:Good question. I'm not sure about that but it sounds like that would be a good idea.

[MC] [Chogon] We haven't completed the details of how some of that will work. Obviously, you will have to have some kind of Python API.

[MC] [Guest_14895] apophis questio****** is can uk fans link when site restarts with cyan ??????????

[MC] *** Leonor <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [rTayrtahn] I have some questions as well.

[MC] [Robert_The_Rebuilder] To support scripting for the ages, will you also release the Python API (including source to the various x*.py files) with the 3DSMax Plugin?

[MC] [Marten] Robert

[MC] [Chogon] next

[MC] *** Gizmo <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [Chogon] Good question. I'm not sure about that but it sounds like that would be a good idea.

[The stranger] hi t.g

[MC] *** Leonor <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Guest_71314 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [TomahnaGuy] Hi everyone

[MC] *** Mathias <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** radioono <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** TomahnaGuy <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Casey <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] [Tweek] Will the First Month Shirt be back when the Cavern opens, seeming Avatar progress has been deleted?

[MC] [Jamey] I'm back

[MC] [Poseidon] 2( pretypes his question)

[MC] [Jen] jamey will be back

[MC] *** Jamey <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[wandering_nomad] Let's keep the tide down and only have people who are asking questions talk... >.< *realises the hypocracy of what he just said*

[MC] *** Jamey <links safely back to their home Age>

[MC] *** Auzho <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] *** Guest_91973 <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[MC] [melodilynn] same here, but no questions from my group yet

[Novah @work] I don't have a question! : D >.>

[MC] [Marten] OK. Let's begin with Tweek's

[MC] [SCGreyWolf] Tweek?

[MC] *** Jockel <links in from somewhere on the internet Age>

[Nadnerb] *is representing those who are not here, and thus, has many, many questions*

[MC] [Zadok] wow

[MC] [Guest_87155] and I

[MC] [Trevor1017] *raises hand*

[MC] [Veralun] 6raises hand

[MC] [nita] i have a question also

[MC] [Greypiffle] *3raises hand*

[MC] [Jamey] 12alrighty

[MC] [Jen] jen raises hand

[MC] [Colin_Brennan] *gets in line.*

[MC] [Mari] I have a short question

[MC] [Leonor] *raises hand*

[MC] [Atheni33] 5*raises hand*

[MC

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:12 pm 

Awesome read, really encouraging, and I personally appreciated the great majority of the questions that were asked. Thanks Chogon and everyone!

KI# 29337

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Hi all. This is certainly crazy times again. But this time it is going to be a lot different. Now that Cyan has the rights back to put MystOnline online again, we are going to try to make a go of it by ourselves (meaning self publishing).

With that comes less constraints but also more responsibility.
When we re-open the cavern it will not be with a big marketing bang but more of a grass roots event where we will start slowly and with the help of the fans build MystOnline into something even more special than it was in the past.

We are starting with a very small team with some big (albeit not clearly defined yet) ideas.
We will start with just getting what we had at the end of MOUL up and going so we can get people in the cavern as soon as possible.

Then we will start working on the roadmap which I'm positive will change as time goes on.
We will probably add more items, change items and may even have to remove items. But the ultimate goal is to have a vibrant engaged MystOnline community.

Will the First Month Shirt be back when the Cavern opens, seeming Avatar progress has been deleted?

Good question. I'm not sure about that but it sounds like that would be a good idea.

To support scripting for the ages, will you also release the Python API (including source to the various x*.py files) with the 3DSMax Plugin?

We haven't completed the details of how some of that will work. Obviously, you will have to have some kind of Python API. And possibly also some of the Python code that is in the game. But like I said, not sure how that is going to happen, I just know that it will.

Ok here is mine: I do have one question Chogon, I know that a lot of new ages are going to be added to MORE. Will all the age files and data be stored on Cyan Servers or our Computers? Because all that data on our individual computers will take up a lot of space..

Good question (again). We are not certain how the testing of UCC ages will happen but I think it will be with local copies (not on the servers). But once an UCC age is approved and moved to the Cyan servers, then it will be download to all. But as you can see, there might be too much data eventually. So, we will have to have some way of breaking that up in the future (we always knew that day would come) so the downloads can be smaller

which countries will have access to the new Myst Online? will there be ResEngs again? If not, who would take care of that?

We hope to have the entire globe have access to MORE, meaning all countries! The ResEngs is a problem that we will have to solve before we re-open the cavern. Not sure how that will be staffed yet

When do you anticipate the servers coming back online?

I was waiting for that question...heh. As soon as we can. There is just Randy (not Rand) and I working on bring it back up. We want to do it as soon as possible. It is possible that it could be in months (ducks head).

My question is, will MORE also run on the Mac again?

We will be working with TransGaming to make that happen. All indications so far is yes

Will Cyan, or would Cyan like to, accept competent fan code submissions for features, rewrites, and bugfixes in the server or client code as it did in Until Uru? e.g. The KI is a popular candidate for improvement.

The short answer is yes. But I think that that will have to be more of a directed from Cyan effort like the D'mala shard updates were.

with gametap gone.. how will we be able to download and update the new game... same as before... or via some new method? also.. will the users be able to create patches for the game.. version 9 had some serious problems and limitations when uru went down

All of the download of MORE will be done through the patcher (which you could have done even when on GameTap). All of the patches will come from Cyan. (but the origin of the patch may come from user content).

How involved is Cyan going to be with the guilds?

We hope that the Guilds and Cyan will like partners in this new adventure. So, there will lots of involvment in both directions.

A small matter... Can MOUL oldbies have their calendar sparklies turned on in their Relto when MORE is up?

Hmmm, part of the problem will be identifying who are the oldies. Something we'll have to think about.

Will there be a beta team needed or will the Guild of Maintainers take care of all of that?

The beta testing and the Guild of Maintainers are two seperate functions (one is testing the servers and the other testing new content). We will have to have some kind of beta testing... but it might be small and quick this time since (theoretically) not much has changed at the start.

If you could pick one part of MORE and flaunt that to the entire gaming community to get them to play MORE, what part are you choosing to flaunt and why?

Hmmm, that is a tough question. It would be easy to say you have to see the whole thing... ummm, I would have to say one of the fan events like the parades or one of the plays.

Cyan said they won't be adding content at the start, however the Minkata spark is pretty bugged to the point where it stops everyone getting a full set of Calendar Roses, would this be something that would be fixed at all or not?

Hopefully, we can fix some of those intrusive bugs. It may not happen at the start but sometime after.

When we get an account, can we have multiple users or will it be one user per account? With gametap, 1 account had up to 5 users, and each user could have multiple avatars. Will that change?

It will be one user per account with (was it?) 5 avatars. That is the way we are going to start. It might change in the future? Don't know.

To help support functionality, will we be allowed to ue the 3DS Plugins to create plugins for our favorite 3D application?

Yes. That is why I want to release the source to the plugins as well as the binaries. That way some could write their own tools.

will there be a need for testers for the game, if so, how and when do we sign up?

The initial testing of the servers will need some testers. We haven't got far enough to have a sign up sheet yet. It will be posted on myystonline.com if/when it happens.

What can the international community do to promote MORE in their area/country? Will there be a promotion from Cyan's side or can fans help with that?

Promoting MORE is good. You just have to be careful about being a spammer or grabbing too much of the marketing wheel. I'm not sure what the international communtiy can do specifically yet... but I'm sure y'all will have great ideas.

A lot of focus is going to be on the GoW, but does Cyan see a place for outside Fan creations turning back around if their developers want and reentering Uru in MORE?Will you first open the servers and then work on a structure for UCC, or will you open the servers after you have nailed down how UCC will be handled?

I'm not sure what the first question is asking...? The second question: we will restart the servers pretty much where we left them in MOUL so that people can get back into the cavern as soon as possible. Then we will work on the roadmap and the including the things needed for user created content.

Some fun things like Ages of ilathid and a few other project coming back into uru instead of standalone like they are now

Oh, right. Yes, that is why we need to release the plugins for MORE so that the old ages that were standalone can be brought forward. There might have to be some kind of conversion tool written by a fan(?) to help bring them forward

If, after some time, enough users sign up to turn MORE into a profitable game, maybe with the eventual release of the Myst Movie, would you consider making it an official part of your company again? e.g. Regular ages, story, items, upgrades, etc.?

Well, MORE is an official part of Cyan. But I see what you are asking... yes, in the grand scheme it would be nice for Cyan to be able to create more content, stories and more.

It is assumed that one of the ultimate goals of MORE is to eventually see a profitable gaming world emerge. Cyan and Gametap obviously have an agreement on how that would be handled between them. This leaves a broader question still open, Have you considered how copyright will be handled regarding any fan-created intellectual property that eventually makes its way onto the main Cyan server specifically regarding who will own this work and what mechanism will be in place to codify that ownership?

Good question. Not sure I have the answer. It MORE become big enough that attracts a publisher that would really help MORE, then that would have to be determine with that agreement...but that is really hypothetical and that is not really our plan (even though plans can change) to have a publisher pick it up later.

Will Kadish's helmet be offered once again? Also, there seems to have been other bonus clothing items that were offered in the beginning of last year that were never offered again. Will those be available as well?

We will have to look at all those kind of things when we re-open the cavern. It sounds like they should be available again.

having your little staff; where exactly do you need help we players could possibly provide? and would you just give away the tools needed for that help?

We having completely sorted that out yet. But joining the guilds is a start because that is where we are going to ask for help first. Sorry.. I meant "We haven't completely sorted that out yet."

Will the Guildmasters be our representatives to Cyan for flow of information or will there be clearly defined Cyanist responsibilities for various aspects of canon and policies?

Cyan will still be responsibile for things like canon and policies and how things should come together. We will take input from the guilds but on the big things, Cyan will make the decisions. But also we hope that information doesn't have to go through guildmasters but flow from fans also.

What is your position on storyline related content from Cyan's part? I know you guys have said that Cyan content is still "pie in the sky" but what is your stance on continuing the storyline?

we definitenly want to continue the storyline. There will be story guidelines post by Cyan that for the user created content to stay away from so that we can continue.

Will Cyan engage some of us who have server space and bandwidth to host clustered portions of the server code? And if so, how do we get on the list of volunteers?

Yes. But not immediately, we will have to change some stuff on the server side. But there will have to be a registration of those servers because we would not want to have any host jumping in. So, you will have to have a static ip because we will restict it just them (sorry for getting technical)

Is there a possibility of adding outside assistance for the Plasma engine to the roadmap, or does Cyan prefer to keep that to themselves? Some of us would love to help. (All rights would be retained by Cyan, of course.)

You are right, it is not on the roadmap. However, I can see that we could use some help but it would a closely directed by Cyan operation. In other words, you would almost have to be an intern employee, kind of like Tweek and Denis.

Front end servers: Windows or Linux?

Currently, the front end servers are Windows. That doesn't mean that in the future that couldn't change.

Aside from user-made Ages would users also be able to create content like notebooks in existing Ages? (Like a journal in your Relto that others can read)

The roadmap and most of the discussions have been about age creation... but there is a lot more things that user created content can be. Such as clothing, emotes, and more objects in your relto or neighborhood

When Fan-Created-Ages are allowed will you "legalize" pyprp... if you know what I mean. Because I've grown very used to Blender and comfortable with adding features to PyPrp and would like to continue.

Yes. PuPrp will be one of the tools. When the source for the plugin get released then the authors of PyPrp can modify it to include more things. and be compatible with MORE.

Will we be starting logicaly at the Cleft like we did in Prologue or start in Relto scratching our heads wondering how the heek we got there?

When we re-open the cavern it will be just like it was in MOUL, you will start out in Relto. Whether that changes in the future... don't know.

Erik touched on this a bit, but with Age building as the primary focus, how can non age builders contribute? Will there be tools for objects and animations and avatar options? What about fan run 'characters' like JD Barnes, will there be a place for fan story?

The details are not worked out yet... but yes. I'm not sure how user friendly the tools will be or whether there will be something in-game to use to create.

Will there be an offline release of the client for local testing of new ages prior to any submittal, or will we need to use full on-line server for testing from the start of development? (and in either case, how will that be handled?)

Not sure how that is going to work yet. But I am thinking that to test your age you will connect to the Cyan server but be allowed to have local data. Obviously there was to be some way to tell the server what you are doing... that way you can have other people help you test multiplayer

Could a production house like Ubisoft (not to publish Uru) add premium content like an expansion pack to make a profit and help Uru be more successful? Ubisoft isn't "grass roots," but this question is really about who owns content and the attractive capcity to charge premiums at some point.

Well, the business plan is going to have to be flexible. We will start this way... but in the future may be we could leave open the possiblity of...someone like a another studio to create content for extra fees.

Are there formal plans involving Guilds not mentioned in the MORE announcement? Specifically, I'm looking at Guilds like the Archivists, who were not reintroduced during MOUL.

At this point all of our plans are not formal (cast in stone). All of the guilds should be more involved (hit me over the head to remind me). And hopefully, there will be ways of creating new guilds as new areas of help are needed.

I've always held the idea that the best way for Uru to come back in full throttle would be through a complete rehaul and re-release, with a new spanking ad campaign and such. This would entail a development period which would hence lend itself to an improved, updated Uru. We've got to admit that Uru is already a game of a past technological generation. More so, I have this desire to see it return with as much force and vigor as Riven did in the wake of Myst. Would /does Cyan share this view?

For MORE, we are seeing more of a grass roots, build slowly process rather than the big bang a major marketing.

While ages and other 'expensive' content may come far in the future, will 'cheaper' content like story, character chats, and journal entries be added to MORE sooner? There were not enough little details, like notebooks to the GT ages, IMHO

Yes, Cyan may be able to add smaller content sooner... but that will all be played by ear. But I could see that happening.

Will flymode patches for Avatars be given to the writers and maintainers to examine our ages?

Good question (again). Obviously there will have to be some kind of debugging tools for age creators. Not sure what they will be yet.

As for the rehearsal and beta testers of MOUL (whover they may be ;)), are they still under the NDA? Also, is there anything left in the Pipeline?

As far as I know, the NDAs have not elapsed but I don't know what each individual signed. As far as the "pipeline" there is a few things left around... but still needs lots of work.

When it comes to a billingsystem, can PayPal be integrated into that? This gives more ppl the possebility to pay.

We have not picked what billing system will be use... BUT we are considering very seriously using paypal as the method to collect funds.

with the guilds playing a more active role in the game, and while im aware of the lack of staff, is there work on a guid hall? can one be started

not sure about particular content. We will have to visit all those kinds of things and how we can get them acomplished.

but Will the content work entirely in a buffet style, so fans pick and choose exactly what Ages and content they want, or will there still be a base line for what things players need in order to connect to the server, a la MOUL?

Not sure about how that is going to work yet. There are many parts of that question... such as fan create age testing and the server having too much for download. yet to be determined.

will we have the ability to add on to the city and relto to make more room for the age linking books that are due to be submitted? or are these places sacred ground that only cyan can add to, also what of the ages that were conceptualized by cyan but never finished.. could we step up and turn those ages into reality for you guys?

There will be sacred areas that the age creators will have to stay away from so that Cyan can continue creating content in those areas. RAWA and Rand have been working on a guideline for those areas, which should be very close to being released.

Do you have a time frame as to when the cavern might be opened again? When the cavern is open again, what will be the population limit for the various areas such as the city and neighborhoods? If so, Will there be systems in place to include more people in events than area limits will allow or will the guilds be incharge of figuring that out?

Cavern re-opening... soon. When it does re-open it will have the same limits and things that were on MOUL. That could very well change in the future. I do like the idea of having a simple age kind place for ampitheatre kinds of events... but that is way in the future.

Is there anything we can do to help speed up the release of MOUL/MORE? Coding, testing, donations.. anything.

I think that we can have something up soon enough that power boosts are not needed. However, afterwards there will be lots more to do.

It's been said in the roadmap that eventually users will be able to shard Myst on their own servers and host their own ages. Now, would this be more like directing the client to the server, or actually having the servers patched in through the Nexus to create a seamless transition from place to place, akin to Second Life? (Just wanted a clarification of the road map on that.)

The front end shards will not necessarly host their own content but be able to control a particular instance of an age, like a particular neighborhood. But there may have to be some kind of in-game mechinism for avatars to find their way to those particular places...and know they are crossing over the line to fan hosted age links.

You (and the roadmap) mentioned releasing the 3DS Max plugin to the Guild of Writers. Right now, the GoW is literally defined as anybody who drops by the GoW forum and participates. So that means releasing the plugin to everybody. Is that what you want? Or do you see limiting it to a core developer team?

Yes, it is to be released to all that want them. The GoW is just the *mechanism* to get it out. (heh)

Have you seen any of the newly created (by fans) ages? Opinion if so?

Yes. I have used the ULM to look at several and I am very impressed. I can see there needs to be more testing on them (heh) but very cool!

I'm sure many of us have encountered disruptive players in Moul and we have had the ResEng to take care of such problems. Now that Cyan has reduced their staff how will such issues be addresses? Will we be able to ban such players from neighborhood/bevins during meetings and events? Or will there be a Guild created to address such issues?

Obviously, we will be short handed, especially in the ResEng area. We are looking at several different options...

Quote:
Ok, thanks everyone for stopping by. This was real fun. We should do it again in the future... maybe before the re-opening and there will be more answers.

Thanks!