It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:27 am 
Obduction Backer

August 4th CavCon event D'NIPALOOZA, featuring the finest Cavern Musicians around the World!!!

The International Hood presents D'nipalooza Music Fest and CavCon Event 2013!!! Please come join in the day's events!

The following is information to guide you through the day. The event is being broadcast over the Net as a radio stream. To listen, you will need to tune into this stream on your browser.
http://184.82.87.122:6042/

The event will be based in Kirel, and that is where you will find the presenters and be able to chat with us via KI. You can find your way to the 'Palooza via the Nexus, then to City Locations and then onto Kirel. We will gather there. Or you may want to listen from another location – as long as you have the stream address you can hear the presentation, wherever you are, through your computer.

There will also be a couple of activities in the City Plaza for a bit of variety. If you can not be in the Cavern on this day, the event is also being recorded so that you may listen at your leisure. You will find a link in the Mystonline.com Forum after the event is over.

The schedule provided is not final but should give you an idea of what genre of music is playing when. There will also be a DMR segment which features a live interview with with new music. The DMR will also be in Kirel and will begin approximately at 1800 Ki time.
http://guildofsleepers.com/albums/userpics/10006/normal_timezones_11.gif

The main purpose of this event is for us to listen to some of our the talented fellow explorers giving something back to the community . At the same time, we want to take the opportunity to remind you that the MOULa server, and MOULa’s continued existence, is supported entirely by our donations, and that the fund is now as low as it has ever been. Now would be a very good time to make your first contribution, or to put a little more into the pot. Follow the link below for donation options.
http://mystonline.com/en/donate/

In the unlikely event that the main radio stream fails, or that the MOULa server should go down, we have made arrangements to ensure the listening pleasure can continue uninterrupted. This is called “strength in depth” :)
We have a secondary radio stream available should the main Shoutcast stream go down
This stream is a backup in the event the primary stream fails (used ONLY if the afore mentioned url fails)
http://aegura.harriman4.com/

If the MOULa server goes down through overload because the event is so popular that thousands join in :D, we have a Skype chat group as a backup, where text chat can continue. It is called "Dnipalooza 2013". Search it and you can then join the "D'nipalooza Skype Age". You will need to make a request to join, but that will be granted as soon as we can do so.

Remember that every song you hear today is played by a fellow Explorer. They have shared for your enjoyment. These Explorers come from around the world and we celebrate their great talents today! Be reminded also that this is a CavCon event (Cavern Conditions as they relate to the donation level) It is the hope we can improve those CavCon numbers as we gather around the ages and appreciate good times with good people, in a very special place and listen to amazing music!!! You will also learn a bit about the musicians as they share their music with you. Very special people, INDEED!!

Here is a schedule of music segments. The times may vary a bit. We have over seven hours of music plus the DMR segment. The D'nipalooza should start approximately at 0900 Ki time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WGd8Xp1Duc

0900 - Welcome to D'NIPALOOOOOOOZAAAAAAA 2013!!! 'Palooza Opening - (Rock)
1030 - (Cavern Singers)
1100 - (Ambient)
1200 - (Ambient) Dance lessons and Cavern Conga in the Plaza
1230 - (Cavern Singers)
1300 - (Classical)
1400 - (Classical) Max's Music Quiz in the Plaza
1500 - (Jazz)
1530 - (Folk)
1600 - (Country and Western) Max's Music Quiz in the Plaza
1615 - (Cavern Singers)
1630 - (Rock) Cavern Conga in the Plaza
1700 - (Rock)
1800 - 2000 –DMR interview and new music in Kirel

Closing of D'nipalooza 2013

This is a loose schedule of events and subject to mild changes as we progress through the day.

Last edited by Keir on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:41 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Please let it stop...Just kidding..Here we go..lol

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:02 am 

Keir wrote:
The schedule provided is not final but should give you an idea of what genre of music is playing when. There will also be a DMR segment which features live interviews with cavern musicians. The DMR will also be in Kirel and will begin approximately at 1800 Ki time.
http://guildofsleepers.com/albums/userpics/10006/normal_timezones_11.gif

I want to make two comments about the part I have quoted ...
1) Please note that the url you have used will become invalid next Feb and you'll have to use a different url (just letting you know)
2) While Max's chart is OK, I personally think this one is better http://www.guildofsleepers.org/a-guide-to-ki-time.html (but then again, I would say that, wouldn't I? :wink: )

I hope everyone has a great D'nipalooza :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:48 pm 

Is the song contribution closed or who is taking songs, as I have a duet on singsnap if some one can use it. It is by me and Betara

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:20 pm 

Oooo long awaited! Now to the countdown... :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:27 pm 

Regarding KI time, you can use the Zik Clock pod timer app if you want. It can show you KI time in relation to GMT and your timezone. And portal times as well, but that's not important. ;D
And if everything else fails, KI time == non-DST Mountain Time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:27 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
Regarding KI time, you can use the Zik Clock pod timer app if you want. It can show you KI time in relation to GMT and your timezone. And portal times as well, but that's not important. ;D

Sorry to disagree with you, but KI time always matches Mountain time.
When Mountain time goes forward or back an hour, so does KI time.
It's not "non-DST"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:42 am 

Alien wrote:
dgelessus wrote:

Sorry to disagree with you, but KI time always matches Mountain time.
When Mountain time goes forward or back an hour, so does KI time.
It's not "non-DST"

That's good to know, thanks for pointing that out. Doesn't make ANY sense though. Who cares about daylight savings in a cavern? :|

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
dgelessus wrote:
Who cares about daylight savings in a cavern? :|
Well, if you really want to go there... why don't we keep D'ni time in the cavern when a day would be more than 30 hours? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I think of it this way: even though the KI was invented by the D'ni, you'll notice it's all in English (or whatever default language you've set it for). That means it's not D'ni Time, it's really DRC Time.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:45 am 

TOOO wrote:
I think of it this way: even though the KI was invented by the D'ni, you'll notice it's all in English (or whatever default language you've set it for). That means it's not D'ni Time, it's really DRC Time.

Everyone says KI time IIRC, which isn't specific to the D'ni or the DRC. I've sometimes heard Cavern Time as well, which isn't specific either. DRC Time is a nice name nonetheless ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here is a sheet showing times and genres with DJ info and events. Times are a guideline, we will try and keep to them but they will vary :)

D'nipalooza 2013 listing (genres)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 pm 

simply beautiful Alan ! :)
Thank you !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hm. Might be a good idea to postpone this. Serious outage coming up...

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26704

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

/leanleft

Last edited by Keir on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.