It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:51 am 

I have to say, this is the first time I have felt truly involved in the game "events" myself and it's because I happened to get to go to one of the bevins when Rand was there (a few pictures are here), but when Minkata came out and I was waiting my turn at the book in the library I froze up and it took over an hour just to get past the black screens to get back in. My son couldn't get in at all and he tried logging on beginning at 6pm EST. He would get in, get a black screen, get in, crash, etc. He finally got in and got to go to Minkata about 20 minutes before his bedtime. :shock: Luckily he was able to come and look over my shoulder while I was in the DRC bevin when Rand was there. It was really frustrating but wow that was a heck of a lot of people in the game tonight!!!!

-Bonnie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:08 am 
Obduction Backer

rsjm wrote:
Again, I'm sorry for those of you who were not able to participate tonight or for those of you who had an unpleasant experience.

Truly.

I know it's not official, but I really appreciate your posting an apology here. We all assume that Cyan is working round the clock on these issues, but it helps to hear it.

I forgive you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:40 am 
Obduction Backer

rsjm wrote:
While I can't speak for the company, I will speak for myself as a designer of this game. I would assume the company would agree but I will not be spokesman for them right now.

I am sorry.

It's incredibly frustrating that we couldn't fit all of you into a neighborhood at once and without trouble. It's incredibly frustrating that we can't get more of you into the city.

I'm not making excuses but I will say these things anyway:

First, we set records tonight for concurent users (by a long shot) as well as people in a neighborhood (over 180). To be honest, I wasn't expecting that many of you to bombard the hood to see Rand when a new Age is out. But you did and it was a big pain to try and get in.

Second, we are working on things to fix our problems. I know that gets old but I don't know what else I can say. We obviously haven't fixed them and that's all that matters to you. Still, know that we are working on solutions to these very annoying and frustrating problems.

Again, I'm sorry for those of you who were not able to participate tonight or for those of you who had an unpleasant experience.

Truly.

I made reference in the UO bevin tonight about some poor IT guy in the bowels of Cyan going bald. You must be that guy! ;) Thanks for a truly fantastic game... even with it's lag and connection faults at this point.

I was never even able to make it out of the bevin back to Relto.. even after an hour... so I had to end-task it all and head to work. I'm sure it'll be there in the morning when I get back home...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Just to mention something...
At the D'ni Network, we found that meetings in the past went easier when we made the hood private up until about 30 minutes before the meeting started, and had the Cyanists already there before opening the floodgates.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:19 am 

While I can't speak for everyone playing this game, I will speak for myself as a player of this game. I would assume most players would agree but I will not be spokesman for them right now.

I am sorry.

It's incredibly frustrating that so many of us love what you are doing so much and understand how difficult it must be, yet are represented on these forums by those who are so very angry and demand even more of you. It's incredibly frustrating to know that despite the fact that you are working as hard as you can, your efforts are constantly shredded by furious and demanding individuals.

We know that you are working on things to fix your problems. Know that we know this, and don't feel too disheartened by all the anger you see on these forums. It is a small contingent; the majority of us understand your troubles and appreciate your efforts.

Again, I'm sorry for those of you who are working so hard to create the best game possible but are still so heavily berated.

Truly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:25 am 

Second, we are working on things to fix our problems. I know that gets old but I don't know what else I can say. We obviously haven't fixed them and that's all that matters to you. Still, know that we are working on solutions to these very annoying and frustrating problems.

So......we are paying for subscriptions for what should have been worked out in beta, let alone before a game wide invitation to any event....got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Marten wrote:
(05/25 01:33:39) Rand: Let's /dance and crash this thing!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Morningstar - KI#1053460
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:44 am 

lol, guys... may I just remind you that lag in Ironforge (before the expansion came out) was a MILLION times worse than anything i have experienced in UrU... It is something that no one has been able to fix when large crowds are present... however, the server connectivity is completely unacceptable, and has now been stated by an employee that they are working on it.

Now as for lag... WoW solved that issue by increasing the number of meeting spaces... Ironforge is much friendlier now with the introduction of The Exodar and Shattrath City... not sure how UrU could do something like this, but different companies have different ways of working on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:47 am 
Obduction Backer

I can relate to your frustration, I was in the Beginniers Bevin up to just a few minutes before Rand arrived we were at 180 plus when I poofed. I was to be a relayer, sorry guys... I did try to get in and could not. No big deal for me, there are chat logs. I did get some time with my famliy though and it was nice.

Sometimes poofing and not being able to get back into a game or not in at all is a blessing in disguise. After several tries, why didn't you just take your wife to dinner like I did with my husband? It was better than throwing chairs around.

By the way the age is fun....spent a few hours in there after dinner.

Apologies really not needed, I will thank you for it any way.

KI #00031776
Have you had your HUG today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:48 am 
Obduction Backer

haugballs wrote:
So......we are paying for subscriptions for what should have been worked out in beta, let alone before a game wide invitation to any event....got it.

haugh... I agree with you to a point, but the bottom line is:

It is what it is.. and there's not much we, as players, can do to change it right now. I'm sure somewhere in your life, like many of us... if not all.. have spent a lot more.. for a lot less. I know I have. Not my favorite thought about where my money goes.. but I have to admit.. I've done it.

It's just like anything else in life.. when it's good.. it's very very good.. when it's bad.. is sucks :twisted:

Ok.. any more platitudes I can throw out there? LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:50 am 
Obduction Backer

nebodin wrote:
While I can't speak for everyone playing this game, I will speak for myself as a player of this game. I would assume most players would agree but I will not be spokesman for them right now.

I am sorry.

Adorable... Sarcasm aside, remember that those of us who expect a durable product for the price (remember than Cyan isn't going this for charity), we also love this game and appreciate Cyan's efforts just as much as you do. Don't go casting us as haters.

It's your kind of dismissing attitude, more even than the problems themselves, that makes this process annoying.

And Haugballs, I agree with you partially, although I'd worry about being so sarcastic yourself. As much as I enjoy playing the game right now, I do sometimes wish it was still in beta, because these are problems that don't belong in a commercial product.

But it's a good sign that someone at Cyan has finally acknowledged and apologized for these problems, in at least a semi-official form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Sumatria wrote:
After several tries, why didn't you just take your wife to dinner like I did with my husband? It was better than throwing chairs around.

Because she went out with our friends without me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:56 am 

Thank you, rsjm. Your post made me feel much better after a frustrating very long night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:03 am 

I don't believe Cyan owes anyone an apology, but thank you RSJM.

Robot, nowhere did they promise that you'd be able to get into the bevin, or even the game -- though one would hope you'd be able to get into the game. Yes, Cyan needs better servers, but they're doing the best they can with their current staff and income.

No offense, but it seems to me that Cyan isn't the one who needs to grow up. If you're giving up time with your wife for a game, it seems you need to take a look at your priorities. I would have loved to be there to see Rand, but some of my friends were graduating tonight -- I attended the graduation. While it was disappointing to miss Rand, I had a good time with my friends, and I know there will be other chances to see Rand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:08 am 
Obduction Backer

The Noble Robot wrote:
Sumatria wrote:
After several tries, why didn't you just take your wife to dinner like I did with my husband? It was better than throwing chairs around.

Because she went out with our friends without me...

Sorry to hear that, being alone with such frustration is not fun...

So next time (Cyan/GT please do not let there be a next time) go with the her instead of playing the game. Don't take the chance.

KI #00031776
Have you had your HUG today?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next