It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:57 pm 

I was a witness to the absolute mayhem that occured not only in Kirel but in Myss Terrie's Bevin where Cate was virtually driven out by the onslaught of questions. (were some of these people raise by wolves or what????) I made the suggestion about moderating some time back and it seems to have worked well when someone volunteers and steps forward to do it. I saw Ireenquench in Kirel step forward (kudos Ireen!) and take some control and it was helpful to a degree. I am now suggesting that possibly a neutral party assist the DRC and come in with them as a question moderator so that we can get some answers without the heckling that was going on. All that is needed is someone, by pre-arrangement with the DRC to come in and get the list of people who want to ask their questions (first come, first serve basis), have people pre-type their questions so when they are up they can hit enter and get their question answered. Simple. We need to be respectful of each other and the DRC. Then we get answers to the questions we have.....

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

The DRC had a few groups who offered to do that, such as the Liaisons and the D'net. The DRC never took advantage of those offers, however.

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:25 pm 

It is truly a shame too, Blade. It is becoming painfully obvious that this service is needed in order for them to just get simple information out....

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

also I have noticed that cyan seem to like the chaos in some situations :), like when sharper first announced that he was off to kill bahro, he expressidly said no to moderation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:38 am 

All I am saying is let the average explorer have a chance to ask his question. We are now getting a few who are monopolizing the questions by literally shouting down everyone else.....Fair is fair. Let everyone get a chance to ask a question. Not sure Sharper sees this but I am sure he would LOVE to have his side be known to the explorers..

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:39 am 

Indeed. It is crucial to make sure everybody gets as many non-committal, uninformative, eminently pointless answers out of the DRC as possible before things degrade all the way to the point of human interaction.

All must have access to the almighty text parser that is Cate Alexander!

KI # 04260171

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:54 am 

It's becoming quite noticable the DRC only answer the questions from names they recognize. 90% never have a chance to ask a question and when they do its not answered therefore the shouting match with the hope of being able to say "hey, my question was answered, vaguely, but still....". : :)
Yeah, it would be nice to see an orderly question and answer with perhaps more questions being field from the less known. Sure the question might not be revelent but at least there will be a greater sense of being involved

Last edited by boshettee on Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:09 am 

Thanks Kolian for your input....point taken and my point made....

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:25 am 

I was always complaining about the chatlogs behind so empty of content and boring...
BUT NOW I understand perfectly why the Drc caracters barely talk in chatlogs.....
I apologize.

The lag is awfull, the ki commands are frozen, everybody talk at the same time asking unfocuss and to much questions at the same time. OUF!!!
The DRC have no space to deliever ther lines.

So my suggestions when an official caracter is in the cavern for a chat
1- Everybody should sit down
2- Stay still
3- Give some breathing space to the speaker
4- Back off a bit.

5- Yes, the chat should be lead by a moderator.
6- People should restrained themselves from chaotic chatting,
it saturates the chat window. Dreadful...

Ps.
To record the events I suggest instead of ki commands:
7- Gadwin printscreen for photos
8- Frapps for videos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:27 am 

I agree with alot of what your saying, misterzen. I like to be at all of these important things and I rarely say anything. I use Hypersnap for screenshots and I try to stay out of everyone's way. I think what drives me crazy is all the assumptions from some of the folks shouting out questions. I finally spoke up a couple of times because darn it, yes, I am trying to be "in character" but geez, in the end, this is still just a game. I hate being shouted at to sit down and I hate folks being so in character they can't step back and see the bigger picture. (I'm thinking of one particular incident in Kirel when Cate and Kodama were there.) I have to stand because I'm taking pictures for my site and I need to be able to move a little and man, why in the world don't we have spokespersons for our various "ideals". Telling Cate and Kodama that information is more important than ages? Is someone trying to kill the game? There were a few folks I saw all day in various places that honestly I just wish they would have shut the you-know-what up, but I didn't say anything or get in anyone's way (that I know of anyway) and I kept those opinions to myself. But wow man, some folks just really really need to take a breather or something.

I'm not even gonna touch the Sydney Austin/Cate thing. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:32 am 

Quote:
I'm not even gonna touch the Sydney Austin/Cate thing.

I certainly will. What the heek is wrong?

People, your entitled to have an opinion, and voice it as well. But don't constantly repeat it over and over to the point that your screaming, and other people telling you to shut up, account for 90 percent of the chatlog.

Seriously, its just common sense -- your driving away the characters you want to interact with.

---

The only thing more frustrating than missing most of the "story events", is that when I actually happen to be at one, theyre worthless -- and for once, its our own fault! Love Cate or hate her, why should she bother being in the bevin if she's not allowed to sneak a word in edgewise...

EDIT : When a character enters, why don't we let them start the conversation. Why not let them talk about whatever it is that they want / can talk about. It seems like we always either shout the character away, or swamp them with questions they can't or refuse to answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:56 am 

Explorers: "So can you tell us about anything?"
DRC: "What would you like to know?"
Explorers: "We want to know about this!"
DRC: "I have nothing to say about that."
Explorers: "Well what can you tell us?"
DRC: "What would you like to know?"

KI # 04260171

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Two comments:

- Remember, the DRC visitor chooses whose question to answer from among the many asked.

- I think that part of the spontaneity would be spoiled by a pre-arranged list of questions & moderator - unless it's billed as a Q&A visit, and not a pop-in visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:31 am 

@ Maxsilver:
I think the Cate versus Sydney catfight is a bit STAGED
In the fashion of a running gag.

@Kolian
hahahahah excellent, so true....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:13 am 
Obduction Backer

misterzen wrote:
I think the Cate versus Sydney catfight is a bit STAGED
In the fashion of a running gag.

i have to agree. i would think a Cyanist could get rid of distractors very quickly if needed.

what better way to avoid answering questions and put the heat on some one else and not the DRC. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next