It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:16 pm 

Ok, so we have to wait approx. 5 weeks between episodes, and there is nothing between. I am thinking of ways to make the game more interesting between those episodes. For example, would it be too much to have a DRC member to appear sporadically during the 'off-time' to interact with us players? Not to introduce new content, but for example it would be nice to see Nick bump into Sydney and have a very public confrontation. Something like this would get our tongues a-wagging just as it did in the 'good old days' of a few months ago. Another thing would be for Cyan to release a Game SDK to the public, and have Zandi introduce it as a special part of the city where the common citizens of D'ni could go to experiment with age creation tools- of course the ever cautious DRC would never officially approve of us going to such an area, and it would be at our own risk, but since when did the DRC ever control what Zandi or Yeesha do? Personally I think it would be a hoot to see what other Uru Live players could come up with even if it meant I might crash to the desktop every now and then....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:21 pm 

Also it would be cool if the bahro just showed up here and there and maybe have a contest to see how many screen captures of the bahro we could get.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:23 pm 

poutrew wrote:
Ok, so we have to wait approx. 5 weeks between episodes, and there is nothing between. I am thinking of ways to make the game more interesting between those episodes. For example, would it be too much to have a DRC member to appear sporadically during the 'off-time' to interact with us players? Not to introduce new content, but for example it would be nice to see Nick bump into Sydney and have a very public confrontation. Something like this would get our tongues a-wagging just as it did in the 'good old days' of a few months ago. Another thing would be for Cyan to release a Game SDK to the public, and have Zandi introduce it as a special part of the city where the common citizens of D'ni could go to experiment with age creation tools- of course the ever cautious DRC would never officially approve of us going to such an area, and it would be at our own risk, but since when did the DRC ever control what Zandi or Yeesha do? Personally I think it would be a hoot to see what other Uru Live players could come up with even if it meant I might crash to the desktop every now and then....

That's how it was before the episodes, you never knew when or if anything would happen. People complained that they had to spend so much time in the game with nothing happening, "just in case". So the switch was made to episodes so that it would give everyone a better chance to see whatever was going on. Is it perfect? No. Is it better? I don't know.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Another thing would be for Cyan to release a Game SDK to the public [...]

Jalak fills that niche reasonably well. :)

Blah blah blah budget/staffing limitations. Cyan is already looking down this particular street. Rand has maintained that they want user-created Ages in the game at SOME point, that it's something they're really looking forward to. Until then we will probably have to make due with Jalak-ish Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 pm 

I think Cyan should have a giant, disembodied Zandi head that chases us around in between episodes.

~Joey Chaser Eraser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:12 am 

Joey Zoonishii wrote:
I think Cyan should have a giant, disembodied Zandi head that chases us around in between episodes.

~Joey Chaser Eraser

That is going in my Signature, Hilarious!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:20 am 

Joey Zoonishii wrote:

How about a giant floating-in-air stone head with a barechested and young Sean Connery inside?

Anyone? Anyone?

Ah, never mind...

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:43 am 
Obduction Backer

I like the Zandi idea. I mean, like a huge, floating Eddie-like thing that really follows us around when we move through an age. That should not be too hard to program. Getting it to link with us, now THAT would be a challenge.

Do you think they could get David Ogden Stiers to voice a bunch of random comments for the Floating Head o' Uru to spout as it follows us?

Maybe an "I evaded the head" tee-shirts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:14 am 

Esereht wrote:
Joey Zoonishii wrote:

How about a giant floating-in-air stone head with a barechested and young Sean Connery inside?

Anyone? Anyone?

Ah, never mind...

We already have one of those... and his name is Zardoz! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Esereht wrote:
Joey Zoonishii wrote:

Anyone? Anyone?

Ah, never mind...

Well... Zardoz is usually around here somewhere. Will he do? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sean Connery in any guise, at any age, would keep me hanging around Uru all kinds of extra hours! :lol:

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:36 am 

Latharion wrote:
We already have one of those... and his name is Zardoz! :twisted:

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Well... Zardoz is usually around here somewhere. Will he do? :D

Ah, that's right! I forgot that I've seen that name around here.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 am 

Hummm....I'm surprised no SR members have come to plug their storyline, which, happens in between episodes. They even have a website, somewhere, I know it's here.... just a sec...

http://subrest.webhop.org/forums/

Ah! There it is! That my take up a few minutes of someone's time anyway. And there are post on the DRC forums as well as to projects the SR is doing.

DRC: http://forums.drcsite.org/

And Home page for SR: http://subrest.webhop.org/

Well, *cough* Hope that helps in some way or form or fashion! Good day!

:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]