It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:54 pm 

Bleh, it's sitting on my desk waiting to be rewritten. Sorry Marten, I'll try to finish tonight. I'm just getting swamped with work.

Got a new URU recruit from the letter though, so it seems to work :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I didn't write a letter. I wrote a notecard. It was small and purple and contained less than 200 words. But I think it made my point in a polite and encouraging manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:29 am 
Obduction Backer

That's great, Esuna. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Done. In the mail. Copy to Cyan.

I'm sorry for taking so long, Marten, but I just didn't know what I wanted to say until just recently. This last episode helped to clarify for me exactly what I want for the next season, and the words came much more easily.

I don't believe it's too late, either. Ever since the episode, I've seen a lot of reaching out to the explorers by both Cyan and GameTap/Turner, so I encourage others who've procrastinated to go ahead and send in their letter, now.

Oh, and thanks for doing this, Marten. We can all benefit from these letters, and we owe you a great deal of thanks for suggesting it, encouraging us, and providing us with the address. So, thank you! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:12 am 

I was up for renwal in November but I was looking at my account last month and wanted to make sure I signed up for the year which was the better deal than the 9.95 it was automatically going to go to.... When I called Customer Service, I did mention I had signed up because of the MOUL deal last year and that was the reason I was renewing and I got the exact same rate for this year - great deal! She also said she would pass on my comments. So I think a call to Customer Service won't go amiss in trying to get a better rate.

I also emailed Blake at [email protected] to pass on what I thought could make this game better and get more people in. Blake had been in the Cavern a day or so before and had passed on his addy for people to email him. (yes, I did get an answer the next day)

Marten, I will also try to get a handwritten letter out as well. I figure the more angles we come at them with, the better chance we get their attention!

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:51 am 
Obduction Backer

This is my final bump for this thread. I'll try to word this as nicely as I can. It's tinged with a bit of guilt.

Back in September, and on through November, I started this discussion to encourage people to write letters to GameTap to express expectations for Myst Online. I provided the address to make it easy. I bumped the discussion thread multiple times so regular forum readers wouldn't miss it. The gap before the Season Finale was the perfect opportunity to write, to show both support and concern for the game, to say we wanted a Season 2 and to say what we wanted in that Season.

Ever since, I have restrained myself from asserting my thoughts in each new discussion that has either criticized Myst Online or purported to offer suggestions. I know that not all of these discussions have originated from players who were aware of this letter campaign. But from my perspective, at least where frequent forum viewers are concerned, such discussions are a lot like not voting in an election when you have the chance, and then complaining about the outcome.

To those who feel that a forum post is "good enough:" Effort is what defines real value; A single dollar holds more value for a poor man than a billionare because of the effort the poor man must expend to obtain it. Anyone can write a quick message on a forum such as this one, with very little thought or time. But mailing a real letter on paper, and sticking a stamp on it, takes a little more thought and determination. There's a note of unchanging finality in a printed or handwritten letter; you can't go back and edit it later. And a letter is tangible. It holds presence. And that is why a real letter, personal and from the heart, commands more attention than a hundred forum posts.

The letter writing campaign feel short of my expectations. I thought I was setting my sights conservatively at 50 responses. So ever since, I've worried that the letter writing campaign I initiated may have hurt MOUL's chances rather than augmenting them.

So this is my final request. Make it a New Year's Resolution that you will keep. In this stillness, this uncertainty, if you have any desire at all for a Season 2 of Myst Online, please write a letter. And keep it positive.

GameTap
Attn: Trent Hershenson
384 Northyards Blvd.
Bldg 500 Room NYDS 506F
Atlanta, GA 30313

And if you'd prefer to write to Cyan, or want to share a copy of your letter directly with them:

Cyan Worlds, Inc.
14617 Newport Highway
Mead, Washington 99021-9378

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

I haven't noticed this post before, but I think it's a great idea. Now I know what I'm doing today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:02 pm 

I will be writing one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:04 pm 

I will write letters to both GameTap AND Cyan and to Blake as well thanks for keeping this effort going Marten, it is useful and I believe will help everyone.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you want to include that in your numbers, I have sent a letter to GameTap, about a slightly different topic, a week ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for the reminder. This time I will actually do it! :)

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

THANK YOU new letter writers!

<hugs>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm afraid I'm another well intended fan who got distracted. No chance of another distraction... I have just written my letter; it's stamped and in my outgoing mail pile.

Please don't put this off, it's too easy to forget. If you want your voice to be heard, please write your letter now!

Thank you Marten for keeping this effort alive, and thanks to all of you who have written letters, or will be writing letters.

Cheers,
Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:58 am 

Typed, printed, signed, sealed, stamped, and in the mail box.

Thank you SO much for posting these addresses. I wish I was more than one person so I could send more :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just thought I'd post something here.

Yes, write a letter, if you want to. I think that's a great idea, and I like it that the address is listed. But, don't feel bad if you don't want to, or you want to post in the forums instead, or do both, or do nothing. There's no obligation, and no, it's not like voting in an election.

If you like Uru, then a really good thing to do is to play a game that you enjoy.

Last edited by mszv on Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next