It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:00 am 
Obduction Backer

Kierra wrote:
Whats a fat daddys?

~Kia

It's in the phone book in the yellow pages under Pizza, so I'm guessing it's a restaurant selling pizza. Might stroll up there to check it out. Let the quest begin. This might be fun, but not necessarily good for my "diet". :twisted: (How many pizza's can one consume in a few weeks? Bwahhaha.

Anyway, between Thanksgiving and Christmas sounds good to me. Sure, I can help in whatever way I can. If eating pizza in my quest helps? So be it :D And whatever else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:34 pm 

i say if we really want to show them how much we appreciate all their hard work, we include a few massage therapists to give them a 20 min. chair massage!! nothin works out those achy shoulders and cricky necks better than a chair massage :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:07 am 

ooooh good suggestion!!

Could get a little spendy, but if we raise enough money it might be possible

~Kia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

kat05 wrote:
i say if we really want to show them how much we appreciate all their hard work, we include a few massage therapists to give them a 20 min. chair massage!! nothin works out those achy shoulders and cricky necks better than a chair massage :D

Uh... we are talking about game devs, right? You know, the kind of human being that thrives on pizza and coke. :wink:

On a more serious note, this is not for everyone. I actually received a chair massage bonus from my employer last year and was not impressed. I never made use of it.

Why don't we just send the money to Cyan and let them decide what to buy themselves like we did the first time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:40 am 

we should probably start taking donations soon if we want to raise enough money for this (er....anyone know the ball-park figure it took for the last pizza party to take place?).

I'm really no good at organizing things, I just wanted to suggest the idea and hoped that someone would step up to the plate :lol:

So...uh....help? Anyone? Beuler? Beuler?

~Kia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:53 am 

I'll pitch in. I'd LOVE to drive over there and help out in person, though I don't know if me husband is up for the 5 hour drive each way and the time off of work. ;)

KI# 29337

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, I could probably order up this pizza etc., after deciding just where to purchase it from of course. Might try to get up to "Big Daddy's" sometime this weekend and see what it is all about. Have no real problem loading up the back of my Trailblazer with said boxes of pizza if I had to. Of course, that would be a very tempting thing for me. :twisted: Not sure about collecting the funds however. I don't have a paypal account or anything like that. I could order and pay with my own funds and get re-imbursed by someone. I have no idea about the previous pizza parties either. And would need to know just how many people we are talking about feeding here. And, do we just spontaneously show up at the door with pizza or have it delivered, or do they get advance notice and hopefully know to expect strange visitor bearing pizza, also arranging for everyone to be there at the right time? Details, details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:41 am 

Chime chime clunk...just chiming in here with a bit of information. If you contact Eloise or GrayDragon through email/pm they can tell you which pizza place they prefer. Eloise has a general idea of cost for the number eating and can find the best date/time. You can also call since she is usually the one who answers the phone. Someone needs to offer their PayPal account for us to donate and then be able to pay the pizza place or get it to the person making the arrangements.

I'll donate just tell me where :)

Chere

Myst Online: Uru Live KI # 11665229

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:04 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm in. Just tell me where to send the money.

I assume someone will also show up and document the whole thing?

Bill

Your skills will accomplish what the force of many cannot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:07 am 

I have a paypal account lying around somewhere...been quite awhile since I've used it though. :lol:

If no one else has their account more handy, I can dig up my old password and such.

:)

~Kia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ok, I am attempting to get in touch with someone at the "powers that be" in order to get a good time and date to deliver pizza, if they have any favs they might want and what choices to put on their pizza. If nothing else happens, I will attempt to call them up and see if I can get any info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
And, do we just spontaneously show up at the door with pizza or have it delivered, or do they get advance notice and hopefully know to expect strange visitor bearing pizza, also arranging for everyone to be there at the right time?

Ha... we could advertise it to them like an "episode," and not spring it on them unannounced. Like, "the Pizza Episode begins on December XX! Be the first to open the mysterious flat boxes, and find the wonders that lie within!"

Just think, if we sprung it on them unannounced, some Cyantists would miss the episode, and complain on the forums... "All of you guys were there for the Pizza Episode, and I just read about later in the forums! And nobody even kept a chat log! It ain't fair!"

Ha. That was humour, of course.

Let us know what the final decision is, and I'll be happy to chip in a bit.

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:46 pm 

Jubie, if you haven't already contacted someone, could you try and ask if they know about pricing also? Its probably a good idea to find out what our fund raising goal is :)

Thank you so much for helping Jubie :D

~Kia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll volunteer my PayPal account, and I'll also accept mail in payments if someone can't/won't use PayPal. I've got a very good relationship with my bank, so I shouldn't have any problems with international payment either.

Ki #782729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Ok, all you pizza supporters-- here's some info. I talked with Eloise today at Cyan and she does indeed have some ideas, choices for pizza that people within the company enjoy.
There should be somewhere around 58 people to feed (they are increasing the staff again :lol: ). And it looks like early in December would be a good week to sponsor the party.
It's only a ballpark figure just now, but she was thinking 17 - 18 inch pizza's would do the trick. They seem to run around $17.95 - $20 per pizza, depending on just what kind of toppings etc. It calculates out to around $300- $340, just for pizza. She says she can also probably find some a little less costly if need be.
I will call her back next week after the holiday after we maybe see what we might be able to come up with here concerning the funding. Then we can settle on just what to buy and whether they will deliver or I will drive over, pick up thie pizza and deliver at the proper time. So, if someone wants to set up the place where we can send our money, we might be able to get things rolling. If someone wants to use their paypal or whatever as a general collection point, and then either send the lump sum in the end to me or Cyan or, whomever will end up actually doing the ordering and purchasing. We just need to know that we will be able to come up with enough money. I will call Eloise again next week or whenever we know when we will have enough.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next