It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:28 am 

Thanx for the update!

Quote:
Payments. As part of the account billing system we have to interface to some online payment system. It is looking like the Paypal "Buy now" button is the most likely candidate. The "Buy now" button allows you to either pay with a paypal account or a credit card (no paypal account needed).

I think this is an excellent choice!

KoL uses paypal and it has worked magnificently for me. I like that paypal accepts my anonymous gift visa cards (prepaid) and I have never had a problem using this payment method.

I'd also like to suggest you make an additional tier for donations and offer in game shirts (or other items like realto pages) as rewards. Things that would be easy to create and involve minimal labor.

I am working on assumption here, but I am thinking modifying the existing game code on say the 5 guild shirts and creating an additional 12 - or more shirts (D'ni, MORE, holiday themed, etc.) that could be unlocked in game and worn by players as a token of their (ex: minimum $10) donation.

This gives incentive for those who are enthusiasts and are able to donate, and even gift, for these additional items. Also can justify keeping the entry level subscription fee low.

Quote:
* Also, along the same lines, we need to find a better way for people to report bugs and for others to be able to view and search them. This way solutions can be shared and hopefully, cut down on duplicates reported. The previous ticketing system was a good one way system (to get problems reported) but not good for public displaying. And having a bug database online seems a little too geeky for the general public.

What about adding a bug report sub-forum here to these forums? Current existing bug problems could be stickied, and once resolved, unsticked and allowed to fall off the first page. Makes pointing to particular thread on previous bug easy, etc. Just add an ingame help url targeting that specific subforum.

Quote:
* ResEngs. The ResEngs are an important part of the online experience and they performed a lot of different duties. Since ResEngs will be limited (in number) some of those duties may need to be spread out. A complete solution has not been determined yet but will obviously have to be before launch.

Do you have a flex-work system at Cyan? A global community runs on a 24 hour clock. If you divide that into quarters, there will be some odd hours to be covered... not so much 9-5 on PST time... I'll bet there is at least one nocturnal ResEng there ;)

Quote:
The current focus is to get the servers back online and subscribers back in the game (in other words, launched!) before the end of the year. As things get done, we will have a more accurate date.

I have my expectations set ubber low. If you get it out that soon, great. If not, no worries. Take as much time as it needs to get it right. Just pop in from time to time and give us a brief summary of whats what and I'll be more than content to wait until it is 'ready.'

Again, thanx for communicating!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, Chogon! I'm sorry that MORE is still so far away (i.e., not starting tomorrow), but the other games Cyan is working on sound very encouraging for us fans!

Randy (not Rand) always makes me think of an old song from my childhood, that a Google search implies might be by John Denver :shock:

The '68 Nixon

"He's got a brand new doggie, not Checkers but Chess"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Three pages already----looks like there wont be any problem in the support section for MORE.
cant wait to help in any way we can Chogon and thanks for the update...we all were waiting for the news.
Nita

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Merci Chogon.

De nous tenir informé des derniers développements.

:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the update Chogon! It all sounds like a step in the right direction I am looking forward to all of the above! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:20 am 

Quote:
The current focus is to get the servers back online and subscribers back in the game (in other words, launched!) before the end of the year. As things get done, we will have a more accurate date.

I have my expectations set ubber low. If you get it out that soon, great. If not, no worries. Take as much time as it needs to get it right. Just pop in from time to time and give us a brief summary of whats what and I'll be more than content to wait until it is 'ready.'

Again, thanx for communicating![/quote]

Take much time as you need to get it right and get the game into more countries. I think people of world should play MORE.

Post subject: Yay!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for the update!

Thanks also for your efforts and please, keep going!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:39 am 

Great update and thanks for keeping us in mind.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:24 am 

WOO HOO! I love updates.

As for the ResEng topic, not sure if this has crossed your minds or not, but have you considered using people from the community? It might be easier to cover all time zones that way. Granted it would have to be on a volunteer basis, unless you consider paying the volunteers by paying their URU subscription. I know that would be more than enough payment for me. (hint, hint). :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:26 am 

I'm so excited! This is going to be a heck of a party!

yve

/me runs to the store to buy stuff for cookies, pizza and beer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:05 am 
Obduction Backer

We are all awaiting all of this eagerly in anticipation !! Anything you want i'll be here !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:16 am 

The iMyst project really intrigues me. I had already thought that it might be cool to turn Myst into a flash game, so that people could stick it on their webpages, blogs, MySpace/Facebook pages, etc. in order to draw publicity for Myst Online. I imagine that it is already in flash or Java format. Unfortunately, it's probably strictly licensed for iPhone use. Oh well. It might be cool to have Myst in a webpage format too for the same purpose.

Just a thought

Gathered Restorers Awaiting To Explore For URU Lives

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:37 am 

WOO HOO!

Late November is good :wink: . MORE would be a great birthday present :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:16 am 

Gondar wrote:
Unfortunately, we won't get updates on those projects once they become active either... not until they're given the legal thumbs-up for mentioning.

Right. When Chogon STOPS talking about them, we know Cyan's working on them :lol:

Best of luck, guys. And keep the info coming when you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:20 am 
Obduction Backer

[quote="JWPlatt"]Told ya'll so! ;)
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 552#268552

Thanks, Chogon.

P.S. Good to see you're still in the game business.

P.P.S.
[quote="Chogon"]And having a bug database online seems a little too geeky for the general public.[/quote]
Hey! This is the Uru community you're talking to, remember? Yes, definitely not the general public. Bugzilla? ;) An online bug database really seems recommendable considering the concentration of talent which will be here with UCC. Transition to something less geeky when you start getting the big subscription numbers for it. For now, considering the 'E' in MORE, we can be a fairly comprehensive and expert beta for you.[/quote]

hee hee!! trust JW to get it right! (/clap)

and I hafta agree....i picked up on that too...."too geeky"....LOL! I wish I were geeky enough!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next