It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:06 pm 

I think I have it figured Cyan are re-branding as an Auto company to get some of the government funding. They needed big money from somewhere so it's going to be "Cyan Automotive Worlds Inc"

How's that for a change of landscape. :D

[edit]typo correction[/edit]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:11 pm 

Dear goodness! :shock:

I look away for one day and this happens! I see some interesting ideas floating about. 'landscape of MystOnline'... to me that means one of two things: changing the website 'mystonline' or changing something inside the game of MystOnline.

Either way, I agree with the posts that Chogons expressions and the way he says it can only make it a good thing. Bring on the MOUL/MORE/THING. :)

We may be returning... ;)

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:37 pm 

i can't get my hopes up, they been dashed to many times. but I'll keep my toes and eyes crossed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Donahoo wrote:
Imthmnky wrote:
Bad news? I doubt it. The thread is called "something in the works." I would bet my last dollar that doesn't mean "We're working on killing off Uru once and for all."

On the idea of a new website: If this were the case, I'd still be happy. Why would Cyan make up a new website if they had no intention of going somewhere with Uru?

This can obviously only be good news.

I agree. Killing off Uru for good could be done in a second or two; no need for working on it; no need for announcement telling us to hold on for another announcement in a few days. It would have just been announced and would be over. I don't see any evidence of that here, and I would be surprised to see a bigger pessimist than myself. :roll:

I agree also. Except I'm probably one of the bigger optimists. :D This is not the way you write an Ending. Not if you're thinking about what you're doing, anyway.

And, although it's not really relevant to this topic, a reboot would trouble me not at all. Goodness knows, I could have used a "Do over" or "reset" button on my life any number of times. I can boot Kerryth and siblings all the way back to late 2006 if I have to, no problem. Rewrites are better than Endings.

@TG: I know what you mean. I might not have known for a day or so if people hadn't started whoopin' and hollerin' in Second Life. (Thanks, whoopers and hollerers! :) )

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Okay, so I have absolutely nothing to add (other than brazen optimism), but I just don't want to be left out of this thread. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:57 pm 

Most of the people posting in this thread a Brazenly Optimistic so I guess that's how best to define us all. ;)

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 pm 

My breath is more bated then it was two hours ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:07 pm 

Please please please Cyan don't expose us to the year we had on GameTap, with the one month at a time re drip of the ages we had already seen on Tpots. I think an on line release with a seven month wait just to see the re-release of E'rcana exactly the same way it was before would do my head in. "Cyan does ground hog day again".

If we do have to do all the ages again at least move the journey cloths hide them somewhere anywhere. And please give me an escape key for the Yeesha speech. I've lost count how many times I waited for her to present me with the link to the rainy cleft. :D

[edit]Satire before someone tries to lynch me[/edit]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:11 pm 

I don't think it's posible to kill off URU now. If anyone has been to SL and seen what they've done with the city...
Yes it's not the same and for me when I go there, it just reminds me of how much I miss URU. But I am amazed to see all of the people and hear about all of the stuff going on that used to go on in the.... real city. URU will be around for a long time I think, in one form or another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:16 pm 

J'Kla, even though you are teasing, I do agree with you 100% actually. However, I don't think Cyan has found funding yet, so I am not nurturing any pie in the sky dreams YET :) I think we should be lucky if we did get something like you just condemned :wink: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 pm 

Not to be a pessimist and I do hate to rain on everyones parade but what Chogon said seems very unspecific, and he could be referring to anything at this point good bad or indifferent. I got my hopes up so High I could barley reach them myself when the Idea for MORE came out and then the abortion of MORE half way thew its gestation period, my hopes went down quicker then an A10A Wart Hog that just lost all power.(they fly like a rock which means you havta throw them real hard to get them off the ground)

If history teaches us anything it should teach us not to repeat the same mistake, I for one will not allow them to set me up for disappointment again, it was too much last time.

I anxiously await Cyan to prove my pessimistic skepticism inaccurate but until then.

I expect the worst, and I hope for the best, because at this point nothing will surprise me

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

JKla wrote:
I think I have it figured Cyan are re-branding as an Auto company to get some of the government funding. They needed big money from somewhere so it's going to be "Cyan Automotive Worlds Inc"

How's that for a change of landscape. :D

[edit]typo correction[/edit]

ROFL !!! I wish the gov would bail them out. . .they deserve it RIGHT? at LEAST as much as the big 3!! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:32 pm 

I remain hopeful!

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 pm 

CrisGer wrote:
I remain hopeful!

NO I like surprises

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:19 pm 

CrisGer wrote:
I remain hopeful!

"You will be baked ... [garbled] ... and then there will be cake"

At my sole discretion, it might be solely for the purpose of comic relief

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next