It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:51 pm 

"reboot" is starting the story and everything else in the game all over again. But it's really not the place to discuss about that. Some of the recent threads talk about the, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:59 pm 

Thanks stranger. I don't think a reboot would work. There is so much that happened. How would they even explain it? A mass halucination? A community shared dream? I don't think a "reboot" is in the works, but I could be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:04 pm 

Thanks Chogon

Tweek wrote:
I will say this though, it is worth managing expectations, I'm seeing a lot of "YEY" posts, but Chogon did not elude to the news being good, nor the news being bad. It is worth keeping in mind it could go either way.

I'm not for one minute saying the news is bad, I really have no idea what is going on, I'm just saying.

Exactly Tweek. I will be happy to have closure one way or the other. The suspence was testing to say the least. What will be will be. However I remain positive. (know I've done it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I knew someday this would happen. The changing landscape is simple...the DRC have finally decided to get funding by "going public" and finally the mass public about D'ni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lynnutte wrote:
Thanks stranger. I don't think a reboot would work. There is so much that happened. How would they even explain it? A mass halucination? A community shared dream? I don't think a "reboot" is in the works, but I could be wrong.

If a reboot happened it would just be a reboot, no trying to explain it with hallucinations or dreams, it would just be a reboot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Captain was about to set sail but will remain in drydock a few more days as he anticipates a course change from Admiral Cyan. Hope springs eternal once again.

Like others have noted, I can't believe Chogon made that announcement in anticpation of a shutdown or a website change. Shorah all! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:37 pm 

Bad news? I doubt it. The thread is called "something in the works." I would bet my last dollar that doesn't mean "We're working on killing off Uru once and for all."

On the idea of a new website: If this were the case, I'd still be happy. Why would Cyan make up a new website if they had no intention of going somewhere with Uru?

This can obviously only be good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm very curious now! :)

We don't know if it will be good or bad news, and the news may be good to some but not for everyone. Everyone has a different idea about what Uru's future should look like after all. But I'm staying cautiously optimistic.

At least it's great that there is some news from Cyan about Uru. And I don't think it will be bad... I mean, how much worse can it get? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:37 pm 

One aspect of the D'ni universe and the entire URU MOUL MORE experience is the way that the story, of we are an integral part, continues much the same way wider reality continues.....somethings happen that affect everything, yet they happen not out of an ill will on the part of Fate or the Makers, but because they happen. Our highest role can be to participate, to share and to question as we do, but to move forward with it, to accept the wave and swim with it. Therefore a "reboot" is the last thing i would want. All that happens is as Tweek says.... it happens. So what i might feel is only my own feeling borne from my own experineces, likes and preferences. But one of the other amazing things about the entire URU MOUL MORE experience is how it has CHANGED me. I was a solitary hermit when i first entered the cavern, too timid in D'mala to even ask how to use the KI, a lurker in the shadows who enjoyed it all very much but I thought then i wanted to stay alone and experince this world much as i had other 3D worlds, virtual places. Well, the community and the sharing changed all of that. To the degree that going into URU CC is now distinctly difficult not to say painful. I miss all of you, and i mean ALL.....all the diverse and varying and huge array of differnces, individualities, and views.

So whatever comes, at least i have the joy of seeing so many post and so many still here, and part of our shared journey.

In this, URU MOUL MORE has been and continues to be an amazing success beyond all expectation.

/me cheers

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:43 pm 

Maybe Cyan is throwing us a pizza party... check your mail. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:01 pm 

I'm waiting with bated breath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Imthmnky wrote:
Bad news? I doubt it. The thread is called "something in the works." I would bet my last dollar that doesn't mean "We're working on killing off Uru once and for all."

On the idea of a new website: If this were the case, I'd still be happy. Why would Cyan make up a new website if they had no intention of going somewhere with Uru?

This can obviously only be good news.

I agree. Killing off Uru for good could be done in a second or two; no need for working on it; no need for announcement telling us to hold on for another announcement in a few days. It would have just been announced and would be over. I don't see any evidence of that here, and I would be surprised to see a bigger pessimist than myself. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:45 pm 

CrisGer wrote:
But one of the other amazing things about the entire URU MOUL MORE experience is how it has CHANGED me. I was a solitary hermit when i first entered the cavern, too timid in D'mala to even ask how to use the KI, a lurker in the shadows who enjoyed it all very much but I thought then i wanted to stay alone and experience this world much as i had other 3D worlds, virtual places. Well, the community and the sharing changed all of that. To the degree that going into URU CC is now distinctly difficult not to say painful. I miss all of you, and i mean ALL.....all the diverse and varying and huge array of differences, individualities, and views.

Amen! I couldn't agree more. Like yourself, I too was very shy when it came to my first few times in the Cavern. This is first MMO I ever played (it turns out to be the only one I ever want to play too) and it is the people here who made that so. Heck, I've been off the MOUL boards, save for lurking, since a month before MOUL folded. Yet I post here a couple of times and old friends start popping out of the woodwork while new friends start to be in the offing. I know of nowhere else where such a warm welcome would come after that much time elapsed. From my experience most other fan collectives will sweat you if you take time out, sometimes despite very good reasons for it.

Whatever the future for Uru, I am in. Discussed it with my wife last night - she knows how much I missed this place and the people. If anything viable online comes about for the cavern, the money is budgeted and I will do what it takes. It was a heck of a ride the first time... can't see why I shouldn't go for another round.

Think about it folks - you are all the reason for this, combined with Cyan's D'niverse which we all are fascinated by. If there is even a grain of hope in Chogon's post yesterday, I'm hanging around to find out. If not, well, I still have all of you.

Fair trade either way, methinks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:51 pm 

:shock:
We'll see! *crosses fingers* for something good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:00 pm 

Don't count your eggs.....or was that chicks? Yah, chicks until they are hatched.

darn.....now I'm hungry, must be lunch time.

My Tutorials

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next