It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:57 pm 

iMOUL

or

iMORE

How many would run out and get an iPhone?

heheheheheheheheheheh.....................

Try reading the KI chat NOW dudes........heheheheheheheeh

"A man was killed today as he walked out into traffic and was hit by several cars. Witnesses said that he was holding his iPhone up in the air yelling "Hang on! Hang on! I'll help with the doors in Delin but I need more bars!!"

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
No soup for you!

Do you mean I can't have MORE, sir?
Or, or, SOME, sir?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:17 pm 

I havent read everything yet, but:
I hope so badly that it would go to the Xbox 360 if it left computers. I would be able to legitimately play it, which would be awesome.

Or another speculation: Myst Online: Radiation Experiments will be released, which takes on an environment in which D'ni and all of the ages have been nuked, however the radiation is mostly gone. It will be much like Fallout 3, with a bunch of quests, and shooting, etc. This will appeal to the shoot em up/open rpg gamer demographic and the new MORE will become a hit.

Avvie name: Crazyraider - 00670418 (preferred) / Crazyraider312 - 01396856 / Crazyraider_DJ - 04976032

DJ of Raider Rave Radio (Fan Page)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:21 pm 

Personally, I like to think Chogon has won the lottery and is spending the money on relandscaping his garden in the theme of Teledahn. His garden of course, is named Myst Online and also to give a bigger pond to his pet goldfish named Shoomie.

Another possibility is that Chogon is held up in a hostage situation and that the words "MystOnline" and "Landscaping" are code words for "robbing" and "Cyan Worlds" - all of which is taking place in "(days)" - the purpose of this being a scrambled message written into the server code not to alert the robbers of an attempt to communicate outside but merely as a completely encrypted code message that they cannot decipher and we are here to figure out it's hidden meaning being the only ones that can also alert the authorities. :shock:

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:28 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I'll just go ahead here and point out TG's post is a good example of the "silly" I wrote about earlier.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:31 pm 

You wrote about silly? As in... we're not allowed to be 'silly' any more? :?

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:44 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Go sell silly somewhere else. We're all stocked up here.

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:53 pm 

As per JW's request, instead of silly speculation, I shall provide festive song instead,

Joy to the world, the MORE has come,
Let D'ni recieve it's King,
Let every Laxman in the room,
And Yahvo and Yeesha boom,
And Yahvo and Yeesha boom,

Joy to the world, the Chogon's here,
Let us link to Rel-to,
While Marie, Cate and Victor,
Release the linking books,
Release the linking books,

No MORE let Escher get us down,
Re-land-scaping all the ground,
He comes to tell ev-ryone,
To let the sparklies flow,
To let the sparklies flow,

So Joy to the world, the MORE has come,
Let Cate recieve fun-ding,
Turn on the Grea-ate Ze-ero,
Release all your ba-ahro,
Collect your Relto rings,
Collect your Relto rings.

TG

Last edited by TomahnaGuy on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
[*]Apple has hired Cyan to develop Myst Online and purchased publishing rights because they like iMyst so much. Steve Jobs and Rand will announce together at a media event.
[/list]

Hmmm... the next Steve Jobs keynote address for MacWorld is being held on January 5... Coincidence?

I can see it now... Apple's singer/songwriter du jour playing "Air Stream" on guitar as the two men shake hands on stage, wearing matching black turtlenecks and jeans...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Google?

:)

Can I have MORE soup now, please?

[Gets behind snowball-proof wall]
Linden Labs? :twisted:
[Ducks and runs]

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:01 pm 

hmm Possibilities, eliminate all the impossibilities and what your left with must be the solution

found a large server in the basement big enough to run Uru, along with a coffee can full of cash dug up from the back yard to get it started?

A big publisher willing to take a chance?

Approving Shards before Xmas, the return of Until Uru?

A KI update and a server large enough to work as a chat-room for Uru CC?

I have not a clue

so stay tuned for the next announcement
same Myst time same Myst channel

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:01 pm 

S - Someday
I - If
L - Logistics
L - Leverage (a return to MOUL Cavern, we will have it back .....)
Y - YES!!!!!

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:10 pm 

... or it's going back into the GameTap catalog without any updates EVAR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:12 pm 

Somebody actually thought of the possibility of Cyan moving over to Second Life? That would be some change in landscape... :shock:

/RUNS!!!!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
On the other hand, I enjoyed Zardoz's integration of humor with his own brand of social commentary on our predilection for parsing every word Cyan issues and, as if from a deity, deriving grandiose (and so very wrong) meaning from each one. But you have to be Zardoz to get away with it.

Let me parse that statement . . .

Okay, you want serious, you’ll get serious.

First, it’s important (IMHO) to ask the question, Did Chogon feel compelled to make a statement when he did? It might be that Cyan felt things were rapidly deteriorating on the forum and in the community. If that’s the case, then I suspect there is a serious possibility we are reading way too much into Chogon’s announcement. Saying something, quickly, would be the main intent, even if what followed was less than earth shattering (“We will be changing the background color of the MystOnline website to purple”). There is also a smaller but still real possibility, however, that we will get a stupendous announcement, the type Cyan usually springs without warning. A compelled pre-announcement, then, could presage just about anything.

Let’s assume, however, that Chogon did not feel compelled, although he may have been “encouraged” by recent events to give a pre-announcement that an announcement was coming (rather than just wait the “days” he mentioned and make the real announcement). In that case, my thoughts on what the announcement might cover are shaped by the reality of the current situation, both Cyan’s and the economy’s. I think:
  1. The possibility that Cyan will announce a major new product line or full-fledged commercial venture based on MOUL is vanishingly small. Although the computer gaming industry seems to be recession proof, it has also hunkered down and relied on solid performers to retain its strength. Myst Online is not a solid performer, and now is not the time for a company to take huge risks and sink millions into resurrecting a two-time loser.
  2. The possibility that Cyan will announce a detailed plan for going open source or any other drastic change in its intellectual property basis is very small (which is bigger than vanishingly small). This would imply that Cyan has spent much of the last few months working with lawyers and other expensive people to develop that detailed plan. Given that they were taken by surprise by the loss of the quality control work, I doubt if they had the resources to change direction so swiftly and thoroughly.
  3. The possibility that Cyan will announce that someone else will hold some form of rights to Myst Online in some form is medium. Note that this possibility spans everything from a new licensing deal to Cyan making an informal agreement with some fans to produce “official” Myst Online content in some form (under NDA or other contractual or quasi-contractual basis). I distinguish “licensing deal” from “full-fledged commercial venture” in that the former would be totally prospective (“We’ve agreed in principle with company X to explore ways of developing Myst Online for future delivery” v. “We’ve agreed with EA to produce Myst Online as a Madden 2010 spinoff, and it will be on shelves for Christmas”). Even so, I think the probability of some informal arrangement is much higher than a formal, commercially based arrangement, regardless of the format.
That’s all. I must admit, the greatest possibility is that it will be something we didn’t think of, unless someone in this crowd is in on the deal.

And I still think Kadish is coming back . . . . :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next