It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:54 am 

Just as Zardoz I think we have to analyze what Chogon is really saying (and I'm going to take it serious!) :lol:

Hold on everyone.

Although this sentence doesn't have an exclamation mark at the end I think it's meant to be like "Wait a minute! We just had a great idea! :idea:

We are discussing about drastically changing the landscape of MystOnline.

There are two important words in here, that have different meanings:

drastically:
1. Severe or radical in nature; extreme: the drastic measure of amputating the entire leg; drastic social change brought about by the French Revolution.
2. Taking effect violently or rapidly: a drastic emetic.

The tense of the sentence doesn't indicate how long they have already been possibly discussing but both things I can read into that, would mean they were thinking about changes for a longer time (which is understandable).

a) They might change it so much that we probably won't recognize it anymore - or only in it's base. The change will be very sudden as well.

b) The change will mean making MOUL/MORE into a different style of game (violent fits with the ideas for an ego-shooter or WoW kind of mystique game).

landscape:

an expanse of scenery that can be seen in a single view
painting depicting an expanse of natural scenery
embellish with plants; "Let's landscape the yard"
a genre of art dealing with the depiction of natural scenery
an extensive mental viewpoint; "the political landscape looks bleak without a change of administration"; "we changed the landscape for solving the problem of payroll inequity"
do landscape gardening; "My sons landscapes for corporations and earns a good living"

They could change the style of MOUL/MORE concerning graphics, platforms, etc. They could change their own idea (policy) of MOUL/MORE, in order to make it an ego-shooter or competitive MMORPG and with that OUR idea of the game as it has been so far.

I can't give any details yet but I promise it will very soon (days)!
Stay tuned! (and be civil out there).

Seen by the fact how many discussions this has brought up, I really tend to think Chogon IS a kind of politician or understands a lot of "firing ppl's minds up". He's putting us on hold although he could give out bits and pieces of the sum of every days discussion within Cyan. (Yes I know nobody would do that!)

Being civil and NOT reading too much into it is the best thing we can do now. I know it's hard just to wait and some discussions tend to get hilarious when people are too excited. I don't think Chogon is going to tell us that they are just going to change the website looks or stuff like that. Cyan knows what kind of fans we are and they love this game as much as we do (hey it's their baby!) So whatever the changes could be, I don't think (hope) that it will concern a total change of style or basic idea of the game.

And I hope he just made a spelling mistake with "MystOnline", cos there only is Myst(GAP!)Online!

Hitana Jadurian (GW)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:08 am 

EowynCarter wrote:
mtn'man wrote:
Ironic that my GameTap is up for renewal and I am getting pounded by emails from them regarding editing my credit card number (which I intentionally put an incorrect one in so it would not renew). The day after it finally dies, Chogon announces a re-partnership with GameTap.

Oh the humanity.

Uuu ? what re-partnership are you talking about ?

Not talking "Speculating" :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Hold on everyone.
We are discussing about drastically changing the landscape of MystOnline.
Stay tuned! (and be civil out there).

This can only mean one thing--the mold monsters have Cyan! Noooooo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:00 pm 

Or they bought Zandi some new hamburgers for his grill :) and maybe a big new bag of D'nitos

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 pm 

Chogon wrote:

Hmm, did anyone notice Chogon's obvious removal of the word "be" from that sentence. He is seemingly trying to communicate a subliminal message to us in his words.

That can only possibly leave us to think that 'it's' existance hasn't yet come into being implying, it cannot be or 'to be' until whatever is being discussed is resolved. Therefore, it may not be MystOnline or MORE but might be something entirely different. :shock:

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:
Or they bought Zandi some new hamburgers for his grill :) and maybe a big new bag of D'nitos
Or maybe they're releasing a small CC update to place a whole caravan of Airstreams around the cleft for us while we wait... As we once discussed. :lol:

-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:03 pm 

well if their changing the landscape maybe their planting a vegetable garden behind the Zamboni

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Knowing Zandi they probably planted Something Else 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:46 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The derailing topic of food is usually an indicator of a terminal thread. This is not going the way I would have preferred as OP, but far be it for me to ask for insightful speculation.

In any case, thanks for your contributions, but I'll ask again: please take the silly and IM/ICQish discussions elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:54 pm 

Ok, seriously this time then.

I really have no idea, but thinking of a post a few days ago which stated that Cyan is getting ready to make the "tough decision soon" is an indication to me they have not found funding. Therefore, nothing has significally changed in their (financial/personnel) situation. Yet, merely a day later we get a cryptic message that Cyan is thinking about "a significant change in the landscape of MystOnline".

My guess is it is not something that will make Cyan ultimately happy, and probaly won't be what most of us wish for. Beyond that, I am not ready to make any educated guesses. Some think they might release the tools and turn over Uru to the fans, and I would not be surprised if that is indeed what is going to happen.

At any rate, I don't think it will be news to shock the world, but... you never know with Cyan. We might be pleasantly surprised after all. Is that serious enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 pm 

Whatever happens, I hope that it will be ready by the time Mysterium '09 come around, especially if Myst Online is being re-re-released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:15 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Nice reference to the "tough decision soon" quote, Sophia. I had not included that in my own thinking, and it's a very good point for cautious optimism. I could, however, see Chogon's "Hold on everyone" as preempting his earlier post as something unexpected and very new; an excitement he wanted to share but had no details until Cyan can discuss this emerging opportunity. On the other hand, he could be asking us to stop the underground shard wars and wait for Cyan's delivery of what could be Uru's final form.

I was thinking about Mysterium, too, faroguy. Shades of 2006 where Mysterium was held on location at Cyan not long after MOUL's revival by GameTap. Now, lo and behold, Mysterium 2009 is once again in Spokane. Coincidence, fate, or by design?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:19 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Coincidence, fate, or by design?

That old argument - nice to see it applied here too though. :)

Chogons post I guess could be interpreted in any number of ways - each to suit our own speculatory ends. What I think it is now interesting to speculate on would be the number of "(days!)" until he re-posts. ;)

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:35 pm 

TomahnaGuy wrote:
Chogon wrote:

Hmm, did anyone notice Chogon's obvious removal of the word "be" from that sentence. He is seemingly trying to communicate a subliminal message to us in his words.

That can only possibly leave us to think that 'it's' existance hasn't yet come into being implying, it cannot be or 'to be' until whatever is being discussed is resolved. Therefore, it may not be MystOnline or MORE but might be something entirely different. :shock:

TG

No, see, Chogon is saying he can't give any details yet, but very soon it will give some details. The question then is, what is this "it" they are creating that will be able to speak?? (Or at least post on forums)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:40 pm 

'it' could be anything from a new form of bahro to a new form of website. However, we should hopefully be getting answers soon *indicates the Chogonator's presence on the Who's Online list* ;)

TG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next