It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 132  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 am 

RAWA is the real person "out of character", Dr. Watson is the "in character" counterpart. Dr. Watson is typically "played" by RAWA though doesn't necessarily have to be. At least as far as we need to know.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 pm 

So, as far as I can tell... We're consistently always on CAVCON 4? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:29 am 

Astr234 wrote:
So, as far as I can tell... We're consistently always on CAVCON 4? :?

ad infinitum

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:04 pm 

I seem to recall Rand Miller in one of the chatlogs, a while back, saying that there are several people working part-time on developing MO:ULa but that this isn't enough to officially declare Cavcon 5... they're hesitant about claiming Cavcon 5 before the funds are enough to cover a more substantial development staff.

So we seem to be at the high end of Cavcon 4... multiple months' emergency reserves already built up, and now there is some forward momentum... but it is slow movement, and we may still have many months left to wait before any meaningful growth happens.

It's discouraging and slow... but there's still some hope that we'll see things improve for Uru in 2011.

For instance, check the announcements & news section of the forums. There is a new announcement, dated April 6:

Quote:
The progress on our open source roadmap has been slow but has never stopped. And now what will look like a large step is really the result of numerous people, both inside and outside of Cyan Worlds, slowly cutting the rock into shape...

Today we are announcing that the sources for the MOULA client engine and development tools (CyanWorlds.com Engine) will be made available as open source. At the same time, MOSS which is a MOULA server replacement (written by a'moaca' and cjkelly) will also be released. Both open source projects will be hosted on OpenUru.org.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 am 

Oh no, please don't misinterpret! I wasn't disappointed that we weren't on CAVCON 5. I was kind of expecting that things may have been more dire, and thus happily surprised, and a little astounded, that Cyan NEVER hit CAVCON 3. Y'know, maybe it could've happened once or something, but never? Thank you everybody who donated! ...myself included, but everyone, thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

:shock: ... It is good to know without fail that this is not a typo... Thank you RAWA ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:01 pm 

Getting exposure on most of the PC sites does that to login numbers. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow! That's a good number!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

So, RAWA posted long ago that they had a fix for the login counter and they were just waiting on an update to push the fix...

I hope that that fix was pushed, else I'll be sorely disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:35 am 
Obduction Backer

What are the chances that the "security fixes" in the update fixed the login meter? Of course this week would still not have data because there has not been a full week since the update. Is there hope, though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:42 am 
Obduction Backer

I've changed a few of the words but this is classic and I'm quite sure Jack and Tom and Demi won't mind .

From 'A Few Good Men'

You want answers?

We want the truth!

You can't handle the truth!

People, we live in a world with
A game that must be guarded.

Who's gonna do it? You?

We have more responsibility
than you can fathom.

You weep for URU
and curse the Grey Hats

You don't know what we know.
Uru’s tragic death saved lives.

And our existence,
while grotesque to you, saves lives!

But deep down, in places
you don't talk about at parties,

You want us on that server.

You need us on that server.

We use words like
honor, code, loyalty.

They're the backbone of our lives.
You use them as a punchline!

We haven't the time or inclination
to explain ourselves to anyone who needs our protection
but questions the way we do it.

Better just to thank us or pick up a line of code and stand a post.

But we don't give a darn
what you think you are entitled to!

END!!!

Hey, everyone, it’s free, unlike most everything else in my country. We’ll see if this post is considered ‘Free Speech’, or not..

As it is…everyone have fun, be safe and be aware…

Thank you Cyan, Grey Hats, OHB, POK, Mac, and all the Mods, and everyone (that means you) that contributes to keeping this going....

Charura

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:49 pm 

After looking over the Cavcon situation, and the fact that there is a paypal daontion setup already in place, I take it that Cyan are still looking for fan help on money and input, am I correct? So, if there was something the players of Uru, and something that old fans of the Myst series who may have...strayed from Uru after long periods of relative dormancy, if there was something that could be done to push revenue and pique interest in Uru again would it be taken on board?

You see, I nkow more than a few friends who love building and playing games - one game that has taken the world by storm right now is MineCraft. I'm sure you've all heard of it - it's picked up in popularity close to World of Warcraft (according to the sheer reputation of the game and the exponential number of fans flocking to it - despite it still being a Beta test). And the draw? You can build your own homes out of bricks much like lego bricks and show your home off to your friends. Sound familiar?

Anyway, the question I want to put forward is, if there was a large online event or some such (and I'm talking trans-net, not just in Uru itself) to draw both interest and funds for the Cyan crew, how viable would it be to have the tool set come out (and be integrated into the main Uru game) as a result?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Oh-so-close to 60,000 accounts.

Say, I wonder how hard it'd be for Cyan to drop, say, an ad for one their iOS games onto the loading screens. I think they're entitled to it! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:15 am 
Obduction Backer

60,000+ this week!

Hey, those who are working with the code now… Do any of y'all know how to fix the login counter? Could any of y'all submit a fix?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:26 pm 

Malfhok wrote:
60,000+ this week!

Hey, those who are working with the code now… Do any of y'all know how to fix the login counter? Could any of y'all submit a fix?

Cyan didn't give us the server code, so we can't do anything there.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 132  Next