It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:11 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:01 pm 

You didn't miss it :P I turned off the stream as there is no progress at the moment. I'm still stuck at the same place with the textures issue. When I livestreamed before you heard the people I invited to come try Uru for the first time (They all ended up hating it) I have several explorers: Alunae, Fay, Faewn but the Character with everything pretty much completed is named Ailis, I'm the crazy red-haired woman with goggles jumping around like mad if you ever see me :P

I also know these things take time to learn but I'm very stubborn, I know I can do it with the right information. The problem is that I can't find any straight up, logical, simple answer and the programs don't seem to support any simple way of doing anything. All these tutorials either don't demonstrate exactly what I'm looking for or I can't find the information I need, Then things I do try don't work.

Why can't you just select a texture as a brush and paint the textures unto the terrain then simply press the export and it exports the textures with it?! Easygen could do it. I had a look at Terragen but that program is so terrible it does not make any sense at all.

I want to learn, I want to know these things. I just want someone or something to tell me 'Press these buttons in this order to make it so the textures work and will load in Uru' When I know what buttons to press I know how to do it again. I'm just so frustrated, I got up and I been at it since this morning non stop apart from dinner with no progress.

I just don't understand why they made it so fidgety and not logical. It's a 3d design program meant to make the designing of 3d models easier, You shouldn't have to demonstrate the workings of the string theory using mathematical equations each time you want to make a simple thing.. and how can such a program not support a simple way to apply multiple textures to a model.

Can you tell I'm starting to pull my hair out? :P

Edit: It's a miracle I got it to work.. sort off.. the texture quality of the terrain makes it look like playdo, the skybox looks better though but still not great, not sure what to do to improve it or how to use multiple textures for the terrain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:45 pm 
Well, next time, say what time you're going to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:48 pm 

DLordofTime wrote:
Well, next time, say what time you're going to start.

Well, Just forcing myself to take a break now :P Just hanging out in D'ni and trying to relax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:53 pm 
Lol, K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just a quick note - Faewn, Bravo! It's great to see you tackling Writing so enthusiastically, and your willingness to share the experience is really encouraging!

Best wishes,

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 pm 

Speaking of sharing the experience :P I'm livestreaming right now while I'm working on the age.

Also I made a new topic in the Creativity section of the forum to talk about the age I'm making there instead :) Would love some input from all of you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2