It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:11 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: http://uruguilds.org
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:39 am 

Does anyone have information archived from the old uruguilds.org site, by any chance? I've tried the Wayback Machine, no such luck. Let me know, thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is all I could find so far and it seems all that's been left behind as all
wayback links lead to this statement about that organization ... :P

I additionally found an interesting old topic by shimerillion of 2007 here requesting a listing of
all the news/messenger organizations operating at that time to know who might fall 'under the umbrella
of the Guild of Messengers' ... Inside that thread/topic Lynnutte gives an interesting statement as of
the purpose of UruGuilds.org and to start a GOM council there etc ... Hope that helps a bit ... :D

Edit: I just found the original beautiful version as a screenshot of the above mentioned
UruGuilds declaration or manifest ... Please, have a look here, Nevy'n ...
There's something, snippets or more, on almost every Uru/MOUL related forum ... /wave ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:40 pm 

Thanks janaba, for all your help so far.

I'm doing some research into GoMe's history. I'm primarily using the MOULa forums, but I hate using one source for information. Its also frustrating when you're refered to look at stuff which is no longer available. I *did* unearth some documents no longer avaible in the GoMe archive I was delighted to find. The old GoMe Coordinator (we're on #3 now) from Andros/Kalypso...Plus a pic of her avi. Along these same lines, very often links to the old http://messengers.sixpencemedia.com/ site are found in the GoMe forums. Unforuntately, most of those documents were lost, not transfered, or are stored away somewhere. (Perhaps Shimmer has a backup?) Either way, it is a bit perplexing to the modern researcher when attempting to discover infromation about the earlier eras of Uru, as Ainia can also attest with her "Heritage Documents".

Any, I've now rambled on a bit. Once again, thank you for your help, I hope others will also be a s generous with their time. and knowledge.

Be well!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:17 pm 

I was one of the founders of the uruguilds website. I can answer any questions you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:18 pm 

I was just wonder if you have the old threads archived anywhere. As I've mentioned, I'm doing a history project on the guild of Messengers. Very often, there are references to conversations like these:

http://www.uruguilds.org/uruguilds/viewforum.php?f=33
http://uruguilds.org/uruguilds/viewtopic.php?t=312

Is there any way to get copies of the threads pertaining to GoMe? Closest thing I can find on the Moula foruma is this:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12325

Sorry to be a pain! Any of your time, help, or advice on the project would be welcome.

Deepest respects,
-Nev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:25 am 

@janaba: Have you ever heard of this site? Please let me know...Thanks!!!

[quote name='Nek'rahm' date='Mar 13 2008, 07:15 PM' post='225166']
Alright, me and another GoW member named L.DaVinci are working on a site right now.

It's based off Invisionfree, but it's meant to be more than that. One Uru is the forum's name, and we're currently working on it to be sort of a hub of all information that's Uru concerned.

As time goes on, it will also hold information for MUCH more, but for right now it's main purpose will be to guide people through the world of Uru (no, not a puzzle help site >_>).

This site is going to function SIMILARLY in design to this forum, but more focused upon Uru as a game, rather than all aspects of Myst.

There will be sections containing Information on ALL of the Guilds, as well as all of the Ages of Uru (in all forms). Again, as time goes on, I plan for this to be much more important information wise.

The site is still in work, so it is currently offline. However, the link is at:
[url="http://s9.invisionfree.com/One_Uru/"]One Uru - Forum Closed[/url]

I will post here again once DaVinci and I are sure it is set for viewing by open eyes.

Also, once it gets to be a little more proper in stature, we will be contacting the Guild leaders specifically to explain what the purpose of the site will be.

With all due respect,
~Nek'rahm [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dear Nev'yn, as of what I've just read I believe this forum's presence didn't survive much
further beyond your above quoted Guild of Greeter's forums post ... I personally didn't
hear of it at that time ... I suppose they didn't reach that state of popularity they'd wished for ... :P

There is really nothing left of that time and the 'One Uru' existence itself (no Wayback or Google archive)
which might have been erased entirely back then ... The only pointers to its very short existence and to
that time when they actually tried to establish the 'One Uru' forums and promote it in the community, at
a maybe quite unpropitious moment in our history, are one thread on the Guild of Writers forums and
one thread on the Guild og Messengers forums which are conveying an impression of the controversy
and ambiguity in regards to that matter with very sound and meaningful statements and positions ...

Yeah, that's all I could find ... I hope that helps a bit to sense the possible outcome of that 'story' ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:23 pm 

Yeah, one thing I've learned during my research into the founding of GoMe, you never know when poking around in the "closets" of the various forums, what you may find...

...Sadly, you sometimes stumble across sketetons better left untouched and unremarked upon. Lets allow the sands of time to bury them once more.

Back to my researches on the story of my fellow Messengers...Thanks again for your time!

Be well, until next!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]