It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 am 
Obduction Backer

There is a bug in the (unknown if it is in the data or code) that causes certain animations to stutter or slant like that. You can see a combination of stuttering and slanting by walking backwards as a female avatar. The male avatar does not exhibit those problems with those two animations (it has other problems though...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Jamie Marchant wrote:
I have not been on yet but it's the same fix that's been on some of the shards you should now
be able to past music URLs into Ki chat! Yes THE OTHER SHARDS get fixes first!

Haha, nice ... Yes, Jamie and all, as you can consider the other Shards as so called test Shards
where the Minkata Shard is the official one, Cyan Worlds/Chogon know that all those fixes have
been tested thoroughly and extensively beforehand under all possible different conditions, computer
environments as well as server 'architectures' before implementing them into MOULa, isn't that great ... :D

Coming back to the copy/paste functionality, it really works in all directions, means it just uses
the Windows clipboard facility as you know it to transfer the desired texts ... So, you can highlight
any text from any document or an email, a webpage etc., then press Ctrl+C to copy it to your clipboard
and then paste it at the position of your curser ingame into a - 'KI message' - or the - 'KI chat interface' -
pressing Ctrl+V, and as Jamie already mentioned this is especially useful to distribute and provide
complicated Urls and such ...

It of course works also the other way around ... Have a - 'KI message/note' - open, or all text ready to send to
the age players or somebody privately etc. in the - 'KI chat interface' -, it can then be copied by using Ctrl+C
to the clipboard from ingame and then being used outside the game by being pasted into whatever 'text
displaying application/window' or into a forum post etc...

You can also copy and paste texts staying within the game environments and using displays like the chat,
KI messages and imagers to transfer texts ... It is really that easy as using the familiar Windows clipboard ... :)
---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, for the landing emote video, adi, I think it looks great already, so elegant and alive ... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:
Thanks, for the landing emote video, adi, I think it looks great already, so elegant and alive ... :P

And just a little tipsy!

Been drinking the lake water, perhaps?

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:15 am 

I know we now have the copy & paste function,
and I'd like to see the ability to select names while sitting,
and someone else (forgive me for forgetting who) wants to see avatar names when you hover the mouse over the avatar while sitting,
but I thought of something else, I'm not even sure if it could be done, so someone knowledgeable feel free to tell me it can't be done.

Is it possible for us to be able to correct our text chat after we have hit enter and published it?
I see so many typos (some are my own), and I think this could be useful.
But like I said, is it even possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
Is it possible for us to be able to correct our text chat after we have hit enter and published it?
I see so many typos (some are my own), and I think this could be useful.
But like I said, is it even possible?

No, there is no reasonable way this could be accomplished; like in any chat program if you make a mistake you simply make the amendment in a subsequent remark.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
but I thought of something else, I'm not even sure if it could be done, so someone knowledgeable feel free to tell me it can't be done.

It can be done, and it has been done on the other Shards. It's a simple matter of deleting a special clause in the code, deactivating clickables when you're sitting or AFK. I've submitted this pull request, so it might come soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:25 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

johnsojc wrote:
Alien wrote:
I'd like to know when we will be able to select names in the Age Players / Buddies / Neighbors list while sitting down?
I thought not being able to do that was more annoying than not being able to cut & paste.

IIRC, it was possible to do this from seated/AFK early in MOUL. It was changed to the way it is now to remove a source of potential abuse/harrassment. I think it should still be disabled when AFK. It would be nice to be able to PM or Age chat while seated though.

What was the form of this harassment? I don't recall being told, but I do have a vague recollection that there was a reason. It just stopped working. Is the prevention of this harassment still relevant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:22 pm 

Certain malcontents would go AFK and then PM unsuspecting people with less than appropriate comments Usually they would hide in obscure corners so they could not be found easily. Since they were AFK, there was no way to respond to them since they were "on the surface". I don't know that this was very widespread... there were relatively few griefers during MOUL. The ResEngs did a good job of responding to problems like this. I could be totally wrong in my recollection of this time but this was my understanding of why the change was made.

As far as whether this is still needed, the potential for abuse is still there but without any recourse to getting help from a ResEng. That's why I suggested that clickable for AFK still be disabled but allowed for seated assuming the distinction between AFK and just being seated can be done. Since both were disabled, I suspected that there was too much code in common to just disable being AFK only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, I think "just AFK" should be completely feasible. I looked at the code, and they look completely independent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:32 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Thank you, johnsojc.

I've included your comments on a Pull Request for this fix:

https://bitbucket.org/OpenUru_org/cwe-o ... le-sitting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi there. Is there somewhere that I can request a couple of bug fixes in a future version?

I have two cosmetic ones. The first one is the horizontal strip of texture between the two shelves in relto
when in close-up (which has always seemed rather compressed to me) and the second is the static small gear wheel
underneath the book and slot in the nexus. It should be rotating since the outer teeth engage it. (Look behind you
at the other one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Hi there. Is there somewhere that I can request a couple of bug fixes in a future version?

I have two cosmetic ones. The first one is the horizontal strip of texture between the two shelves in relto
when in close-up (which has always seemed rather compressed to me) and the second is the static small gear wheel
underneath the book and slot in the nexus. It should be rotating since the outer teeth engage it. (Look behind you
at the other one).

I suggest you make a bug report here at OpenUru. However, these two requests have to be put on the back burner until we get content licensing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

They're only cosmetic, D'L. It won't hurt to wait. Thanks for the link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:

at the other one).

The second one isn't a glitch, it's only supposed to move when it is searching for a book. If it moved all the time it wouldn't be able to display a book because the books move with it.

I don't know what you mean by the first one though. Do you have texture quality set all the way up? I think the default texture quality setting makes Uru look pretty bad...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ehren wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:

at the other one).

The second one isn't a glitch, it's only supposed to move when it is searching for a book. If it moved all the time it wouldn't be able to display a book because the books move with it.

I don't know what you mean by the first one though. Do you have texture quality set all the way up? I think the default texture quality setting makes Uru look pretty bad...
Ehren, the gear is underneath that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next