It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:40 am 

Hey there
I'm really pleased with the latest update. Great work Open URU and Cyan for making this happen. :D
Sadly I was very disappointed when I found I could no longer do simple screen grabs using the PrtScn button.
Before the update it worked, after the update it only gave me a black image. I use this a LOT, big loss.
I have Windows 7 Home 64 bit. Compaq duo celeron laptop with Intel graphics.
I've had no problems with the other 4 shards I visit: TOC, Gehn, Minkata & Deep Island.
Most players haven't had any trouble with this after the update. But a couple of us have and its very frustrating.

I spent a bit of time fiddling today. Driver updates. Shortcut compatibility settings. And experimented with this on the Minkata Shard version since its a lot quicker to load. I'm glad to say after quite a few reboots and game restarts I've found a fix.

The anti-aliasing setting needs to be at least one step above none. Problem solved. PrtScn works again!
Looking at my setup in the other shards... ah yes, they're all above nothing :lol:
I thought it was worth sharing for anyone else who's struggled with this.

All the best
Ahhamme/Yew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am stunned!!! ... This is actually awesome that you would post this here, thank you, Yew ... :P

When I bought my new computer last year, around this time of the year, I was shocked as
you've been, when I couldn't use my tiny, neat screenshot app as well as the Print button
anymore being presented with all-black screens as you've mentioned above, and that is
why I've bought the Fraps application, which is awesome and I don't regret that for one
moment, but I know how you must have felt and I also tried everything to get it to work
without success back then ...

I first attributed the issue to my new Win7 Home Premium 64 bit operating system and
the new NVidia graphics card and the quad-core CPU (before I've had XP) and I thought
'new needn't necessarily mean/be better' lol ... No, seriously, I just tried this out, your
new solution which didn't came to me last year, and with that anti-aliasing setting in-game,
I adjust that usually in my graphics card control panel, I can use my little app and that Print
button again ... :)

Since recently I'm playing MOULa and all the other shards in windowed mode for some
reasons which I found to make this all more comfortable and provide even performance
and quality enhancements etc. ... I believe, you guess it already, what I didn't realize
by now is that I could've taken my screenshots 'the old way' since then because in
windowed mode you can take screenshots ingame even without your adjustment ... 8)

Ok, thanks a lot, however, Yew, for me at least that was a nice revelation in the aftermath ...

If you'd be interested to avoid constantly taking shots with 'Print', pasting the shot into your
IrfanView or whatever app and back into the game etc. etc. ... I'd like to recommend my tiny
little app called 'smartision ScreenCopy' which is v e r y old lol, but works like a charm
even now ... You just tell it where to put all your pictures and in-game you just press any
hotkey you define and you even have an 'autoscreenshot feature' for screens every x sec.
as you like just toggled with any predefined key ... Yeah, that's it, so I could give something
back haha ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:06 am 

Hey. You're very welcome of course.
I know how frustrating it was for me, so important to help others to continue to enjoy the game as well.

I'll definitely check your program out, thank you for that. :D

Ahhamme/Yew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]