It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 am 

At the moment, the only type of marker game we can create is a "Quest" game.
Was it intended for us to be able to create other types of marker games, but for what ever reason, this never came to be?

Is it possible to add other types of maker games to the KI?
If it is possible, I have thought of some other types of games we could create :

Levels Game

Edit Mode
1.) You set the markers for the first level (minimum 1), then click on "Next Level" to set the markers for each level (minimum 1 per level)
2.) In Edit Mode, you can move back and forth through the levels to edit them in the same way as a quest game.

Play Mode
1.) Only the markers for the first level are visible. Find all the markers and the markers for the next level become visible.
2.) Game ends when you find all the markers on all the levels.

Uses
Good for things like climbing the tent or bridge to ferry. You'll only see the next marker(s) you need to see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timer Game

Edit Mode
1.) You set the time interval in seconds.
You set whether the game plays only once or repeats.
You set if the player can adjust the timer speed before playing.
2.) You place the markers as you would in a quest game.
3.) The order you place the markers is important as this is the order they will appear in.

Play Mode
1.) Each marker is only visible for a set amount of time. Then the next marker is visible.
2.) If you don't get the marker while it is visible, you cannot get it and must get the next marker.
3.) Game ends when all markers have been visible for the set time or if set to repeat, all markers have been found.

Uses
How quickly can you climb the tent?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Marker Game

Edit Mode
1.) You place the markers as would in a quest game

Play Mode
1.) Out of all the markers, one will be visible, which one it is, is random.
2.) Find the marker, and another is randomly chosen to be visible
3.) Game ends when all markers have been found.

Random Timer Game

As per Timer Game, but the visible marker is chosen at random

Is it possible for someone to add these types of games to the KI? Then have them tested on Gehn / Minkata / TOC shards?
If others want to try and think of other types of marker games, please remember the limitations of what markers can do.

Alien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:10 am 
Obduction Backer

A capture the flag mode was always planned (there are stubs for it in the UU KI) but was never actually implemented. I guess Cyan was too busy cranking out pods and adding busy loops to the game to actually finish that in MOUL. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 pm 

If we have to add some new modes for the marker games, I'd first start from the ones that are already in the canon, described in one of the gahreesen journals, if I remember correctly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:38 pm 

@Leo: Are the ones below the ones you ment? (Here's also teh link to the journal @GoG website.)

http://www.guildofgreeters.com/images/s ... sen_KI.pdf

Markers

Purpose: Perhaps a training tool for Maintainers. Markers could be set up and recruits and/or lower ranks run through the "course".

Interface: KI's interact with markers in 3 ways.

"Team Capture" - once all the markers are placed, there are two teams that can collect markers. The KI registers the marker to the respective team. Markers can vanish after a time limit or after all have been registered. Markers must be in the same Age. Test: Can markers be reset?

"Hold" - again two teams. Markers only vanish after a pre-set time limit has expired. Markers do not disappear upon being activated although server keeps track of what team is "holding" it. Server summarizes team holding most markers at the end of the time limit. Markers must be in same Age.

"Single Capture" - only one individual KI can register markers. Markers also carry text. Entire marker set can be sent via KI to another KI anywhere in the system. Markers can be placed in any Age.

Markers themselves seem identical to those produced by the Great Zero. In fact, I'm positive the same technology is being used, if not the Great Zero itself. It's possible the KI's are communicating with the Zero itself and writing these marks anywhere they are registered. Problems with that theory maintainer markers, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:47 pm 

yeah, those

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]