It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:34 pm 

Any chance on some new content for the MOULa Shard? The one thing I feel really gets attention in the Myst community is when new content turns up in Uru Live someplace. This is the advantage I feel we are missing in the MOULa shards. I hear their are a lot of things you can do with the code however not everybody is MOULa code savvy. The People in the Myst community have seen the kinda stuff the age creators can do with Max But when it comes to Python and other related codding stuff im at a bit of a loss. Granted Im no Pro with Max either But I would be willing to help with any New content If I knew what you guys need.

I would like to contribute to MOULa open source, I do not know enough about codding and servers to do any more then ask questions However I do know a thing or two about 3d graphic, if anyone is interested.

I was hopping to get some people together and make a professional looking age, or at least something good enough to put on the MOULa Shards, but so far its been slow going.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
I was hopping to get some people together and make a professional looking age, or at least something good enough to put on the MOULa Shards, but so far its been slow going.

I thought you helped create Relativity? I think I speak for the entire community when I say we'd all love to see it come to a MOULa shard. :)

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Any possibility for new content on the MOULa shards depends directly on competent, skilled age writers who own a legal copy of 3dsMax7/8. So, that would be you and (I believe) GPNMilano and whoever is building for the TOC shard.

Lately it seems everywhere I go I hear and read about people wanting new content. I've read all the 'conditions' put out by the GoW on what they will accept on their shard, but the fact remains that the only one left to build for it is you, Karkadann. Unless the powers that be at the GoW decide to begin working on updated plug-ins for Max and Blender, any hope of new content depends pretty much on what you do.

Given the circumstances, I find it ironic to read you begging for help. They should be begging you :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:27 pm 

I actually did what you see in the drawing from MC Escher I had the three planes x,y,and z or (Uprighters, LeftLeaners, and the RightLeaners) figured out However the Default Camera the one that follows the AV was stuck to the Z plane no mater if you where walking on the floor or one of the two walls making navigation next to impossible. Tack From GoW knowing plasma finished it up and added the transporters, elevators house and a few two dimensional gardens and the game engine, Unfortunately he uses Blender and I don't know how to can convert it back to Max, so I can't update it or get the unconverted files that would be usable in MOULa.

However I believe the Files are still available for Blender if any one wants to give it a shot, at this point the only updates I can make are with .prp files and the Existing age files will not work with MOULa

Escher's Relativity is doable

Quote:
Given the circumstances, I find it ironic to read you begging for help. They should be begging you

apparently none of my age's are "up to par"
However the good news is they gave me a list of ways I can improve them So all is not lost
Guild Of Writers View topic-Nev Content
I'll be the first one to admit Im far from being a skilled software company that specializes in 3d graphic so its to be expected that their are gonna be inadequacies in my work, all in good time

E=mc2

Last edited by Karkadann on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
Unfortunately he uses Blender and I don't know how to can convert it back to Max, so I can't update it or get the unconverted files that would be usable in MOULa.

Just another reason why, after the major source code clean up is complete, a new version of PyPRP needs to be built.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:31 pm 

How difficult would it be to adapt the PyPRP to produce ages that are MOULa compatible

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

You might want to wait a bit for an upcoming answer... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann, there are many, many people who would appreciate new game content, versus pretty little rooms with nothing to do in them. I'm afraid you will be struggling to find any experienced writers to assist you until there is a new server with different leadership to submit ages to.

Thank you for making the effort. There are people who appreciate what you're trying to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
How difficult would it be to adapt the PyPRP to produce ages that are MOULa compatible

That would be very hard to do (PyPRP is a pile of hacks and crap). There are better solutions than PyPRP that are incubating. Given that Blender 2.5+ only just stabilized (from a plugin developer standpoint), things are going to take awhile. In the meantime, we can convert PotS ages to MOUL (assuming they have no animated objects); however, this is a somewhat tedious process, so we only want to do it for really good ages.

Aside from the point, you've misinterpreted our answer a little bit. We don't care that your ages don't have puzzles or aren't big. We're looking for ages with good lighting and texturing such that they are visually appealing to a broad audience. That's why we have Vothol Gallery--it's small, but the lighting and texturing are quite well done. You'll have it even easier than PyPRP1 users because the Max plugin automates quite a bit of the lighting process for you.

Ruth wrote:
I'm afraid you will be struggling to find any experienced writers to assist you until there is a new server with different leadership to submit ages to.

That's not a very nice or fair statement given that no one has come to any of us and said "I want for you to put X on Gehn Shard," where X is the name of a specific age**. Until someone does so, we're spending time working in the depths of the engine code on things that probably seem quite unimportant to you, but, in reality, result in very cool things (for example, international characters in the KI chat). I can want to put fan ages on the shard as much as I want, but until someone presents us with something, there's not much I can do.

---EDIT---
** Heh, I just checked the GoW forum and someone actually posted suggestions 3 hours ago. So modify that statement to say something along the lines of "not until today has anyone come to us and said..." :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Ruth wrote:
I'm afraid you will be struggling to find any experienced writers to assist you until there is a new server with different leadership to submit ages to.

That's not a very nice or fair statement given that no one has come to any of us and said "I want for you to put X on Gehn Shard," where X is the name of a specific age**. Until someone does so, we're spending time working in the depths of the engine code on things that probably seem quite unimportant to you, but, in reality, result in very cool things (for example, international characters in the KI chat). I can want to put fan ages on the shard as much as I want, but until someone presents us with something, there's not much I can do.

---EDIT---
** Heh, I just checked the GoW forum and someone actually posted suggestions 3 hours ago. So modify that statement to say something along the lines of "not until today has anyone come to us and said..." :wink:

No it isn't a very fair statement to make, especially after all the hard work that's had to be put into modernizing the CWE source code.

But hey, a new age on Ghen shard is an awesome idea! I will have to check out that forum post Adam... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 am 

Quote:
But hey, a new age on Ghen shard is an awesome idea! I will have to check out that forum post Adam... Wink

Oh wow, me too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:28 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:

Ruth wrote:

---EDIT---

I'm afraid my mother taught me that being honest was more important than being nice. Here is a direct request:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Here is your response:

[spoiler] Image [/spoiler]

I believe Wamduskasapa is still waiting for a simple yes or no answer.

And if all we have to do is ask, I would like to see the highly popular and beautifully designed Turtle Isle written by dendwaler included on the Gehn shard. A simple yes, no, or maybe will be sufficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:58 am 
Obduction Backer

But Ruth, that is a no answer; it's not possible to get those Ages on the Gehn Shard (yet...).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:04 am 

Ruth wrote:
Karkadann, there are many, many people who would appreciate new game content, versus pretty little rooms with nothing to do in them. I'm afraid you will be struggling to find any experienced writers to assist you until there is a new server with different leadership to submit ages to.

Thank you for making the effort. There are people who appreciate what you're trying to do.

thats why my first three age's where ancient or traditional board games their not pretty little rooms, their is something you can do in them, in addition you don't even have to speak the same language, the game or puzzle changes every time and their functional But I did not build them with lighting and texture in mind, I built them with simplicity functionality in mind

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:07 am 
Obduction Backer

In that case, let me take the gloves off.

First off, Wam did not ask for an answer, he made a recommendation that I had honestly forgotten. My response was to dendwaler, who posted another thread that was merged into that one. Note the different post subjects? Yeah, you took screenshots and tried to manipulate these posts to your own purposes. Nice try...

Back on the topic at hand, I will explore the ages Wam suggested and your suggestion as well. While I am doing this, please do not insert any more words into my and others' mouths. It is not appreciated in the slightest.

EDIT: @Karkadahn. I will explore your ages as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next