It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: R.I.P. OHBot?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:16 pm 

If the rumours are true, and OHB is really the only one who can confirm or deny this,
and OHBot is never coming back,

Can we please have OHBot added to the memorial in Kahlo Pub?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I'd laugh at your joke if I wasn't so offended by it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:37 pm 

My thinking is OHBot is not actually "dead"...just on indefinite hiatus. I've talked with OHB about this awhile back, and while he's not exactly interested in bringing his bot back for now (something about not having the right computer setup at the moment), he didn't dismiss the idea entirely (as far as I can remember anyway). Besides, I'd say, with the exception of a couple of story characters, that memorial is meant for real people...real friends who have passed away.

Besides, there's always Lyrobot now. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 am 

Doobes2 wrote:
... Besides, I'd say, with the exception of a couple of story characters, that memorial is meant for real people...real friends who have passed away.

How can you say OHBot was not real? He was real to me, dammit !
He was my friend ... we'd spend many hours in the Guild of Robot's Hood talking with each other, laughing and joking. I'd ask him to dance and he would. I'd ask him to calculate Pi to 35 places and he would. I'd ask him how many people he'd met and he'd tell me. Oh the fun we had. It is upsetting me to read that you don't consider my good friend OHBot to be real.

And now he's gone, and I feel he should have his name on that memorial. He deserves nothing less. /cry

Doobes2 wrote:
...Besides, there's always Lyrobot now. :P

Oh ... forget I said anything, silly me mourning for OHBot. YAY Lyrobot, my new bestest bestest fwend in the whole world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:25 am 
Alien, the memorial is for real people, as in, flesh-and-blood. It would be bordering on something close to sacrelige to put OHBot on it, I feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:39 am 
Obduction Backer

DLordofTime wrote:
Alien, the memorial is for real people, as in, flesh-and-blood. It would be bordering on something close to sacrelige to put OHBot on it, I feel.

Yes, like Rose and Wheely Engberg. REAL PEOPLE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 am 
Obduction Backer

or some of the OTHER IC-only characters that are on the memorial.

Be sickened by the suggestion all you want - but it has precedence. A number of Not-real people are ALREADY on it.

Blame Cyan, not anyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I think the convention that's assumed here is that the only IC-only names that feature on the memorial are those from Cyan-led story lines: The memorial arrived as part of the story follow-up after the "demise" or Rose and Wheely and it was probably seen as a nice gesture to acknowledge the known fan characters that had passed on.

Probably the biggest difference to any existing precedent is that OHBot's "owner" is still alive. As far as I'm aware, no fan-run avatar's name has ever been added to the memorial simply because the avatar's owner has elected not to continue to present that avatar in-game.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:27 am 
Obduction Backer

True, the memorial is for people, OOC and IC. But even in an IC sense OHBot is still a bot. He always made that very clear on the first contact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:42 am 

Ok, to those who are saying the memorial is only for real people and storyline characters, let me clear something up here.
Yes, my OP was actually genuine, many people liked OHBot and if OHB has decided OHBot is dead, then why shouldn't OHBot, who was on many people's buddy list, gave many people many hours of fun, why shouldn't he be on the memorial?

Then people started saying the memorial was for real people, and to be honest, I kind of agreed with that.
So this :

Alien wrote:
Doobes2 wrote:
... Besides, I'd say, with the exception of a couple of story characters, that memorial is meant for real people...real friends who have passed away.

How can you say OHBot was not real? He was real to me, dammit !
He was my friend ... we'd spend many hours in the Guild of Robot's Hood talking with each other, laughing and joking. I'd ask him to dance and he would. I'd ask him to calculate Pi to 35 places and he would. I'd ask him how many people he'd met and he'd tell me. Oh the fun we had. It is upsetting me to read that you don't consider my good friend OHBot to be real.

And now he's gone, and I feel he should have his name on that memorial. He deserves nothing less. /cry

Doobes2 wrote:
...Besides, there's always Lyrobot now. :P

Oh ... forget I said anything, silly me mourning for OHBot. YAY Lyrobot, my new bestest bestest fwend in the whole world.

Was me being silly. Those who have spent time in Ae'gura while I'm there will confirm I can (and normally am) silly. I tease a lot and I am not often serious. So That (quoted here) is not unusual for me.

NO OFFENCE WAS INTENDED TOWARDS ANYONE

kaelisebonrai wrote:
or some of the OTHER IC-only characters that are on the memorial.

Be sickened by the suggestion all you want - but it has precedence. A number of Not-real people are ALREADY on it.

Blame Cyan, not anyone else.

Thank you kaelis, you have a point.

So, in summary, when it was pointed out that the memorial was for real people we have lost, I had to agree.
Where I failed was to make that obvious to people reading this.

Alien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:39 am 
Obduction Backer

A little (probably) non-important fact, but important to me just the same. Her name was Rosette, not Rose. I'M Rose. And no, a bot cannot be on the memorial (at least that's my opinion...). Nice try though. :)

Rose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Buzzle1 wrote:
And no, a bot cannot be on the memorial (at least that's my opinion...). Nice try though. :)

Well you just broke poor 'lil Lyrobot's heart... until he remembered he didn't have any and deleted this memory. :wink:

I agree that bots shouldn't be put on the memorial, if only because their "passing away" is no tragedy in the sense that a human being passing away is. Anyway, as said, who knows if OHBot might resurface one day? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Anyway, as said, who knows if OHBot might resurface one day?

Ooh, yeah! He could be best friends with Lyrobot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

This community never ceases to surprise me!

I'm touched that people care about OHBot and miss him enough to even suggest putting him on the memorial imager. However, I and OHBot must decline.

<IC>OHBot isn't dead...he still exists! I just haven't been in the cavern much and I haven't brought him with me. His brain is still intact and he may make an appearance again, albeit not necessarily in the same form. Remember, OHBot is more than just his physical appearance. Sure, I made him to mostly look like an average explorer, but he doesn't have to stay that way. Until then, he slumbers, blissfully unaware of the passage of time.</IC>

<OOC>If I wanted OHBot on the memorial imager, I'm self-centered enough to have put him on there myself! OHBot takes time, money and will to work. I have none of these. I too miss OHBot, and I miss the days I spent working on him to improve him. But, as always, I have some theoretically plans for him and his future. But, I'll keep those secret :)</OOC>

P.S. If anyone could be added to the Memorial Imager, it would be BOMB. After all, OHBot destroyed him with his phaser or whatever after ya'll successfully disarmed it! R.I.P. BOMB.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next