It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:35 pm 

I know this is really trivial but I've been wondering about this for a while and it's started to bug me. On my explorer login menu some of the icons have a different colour/look different.

At first I thought it showed how far you've progressed in the game but it doesn't explain why Ailis looks the same as Lunae seeing as I completed the game with Ailis and Lunae is pretty new. You can see that Fay the character I'm currently playing and completed the game with has no head icon at all it's just completely dark beige in colour. Does anyone know why it's like that? What does it mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 pm 

I don't know, but I wish I did :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't know why you get those by default. I'm guessing it is random.

You could go into your closet and take a photo of your avatar. That picture will show up as the icon in the login screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 pm 

Is the blue one the one you used last?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

As far as I can tell, the difference in background color between Visitor/Faewn and Ailis/Lunae/Alunae has no significance. These placeholder icons are the same for everyone and don’t change. (I’m not sure if they were once supposed to change, e.g. based on whether the avatar slot is free or occupied, but unless I missed anything they don’t.)

For Fay, you apparently made an avatar portrait (using the camera button in the closet) and for some reason it turned out plain beige – either there was a bug in the picture taking (it is sensitive to screen aspect ratio, for one thing), or you managed to get the avatar out of view of the camera. Try making a new one, or delete the file named by Fay’s KI number in Documents/Uru Live/Avatars to get the placeholder back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Stone wrote:
You could go into your closet and take a photo of your avatar. That picture will show up as the icon in the login screen.

Tada....the default silhouettes you see are just place-holders until you take a picture of yourself in the closet. You do that by clicking on the camera icon after going to face view.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 pm 

Wow, I've been playing all this time and never knew you could do that haha! I guess it must be random then :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 pm 

Something else you can do in the wardrobe is use the emote shortcuts CTRL + 1 - 7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
Something else you can do in the wardrobe is use the emote shortcuts CTRL + 1 - 7

Also you can side step with the 'less than' and 'greater than' keys < > or turn left or right with the arrow keys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:09 am 

The wardrobe is actually a small map/age/level. You can also mix it with any mixallogy you have running.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]