It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:00 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Tomala wrote:
You mean there is some form of consistency around here?

Yes, people are consistently let down.

Not even. Many people here aren't let down.
Therefore, I would say that things are consistently inconsistent 'round these parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
I wouldn't go "blaming" the "new generation of explorers" though

TY Mac

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I have to wonder, though - how many people (outside of this thread) are even aware of the DRC site, let alone the forums?

If you want people to visit those forums, they 1) need to know they exist and 2) have a good reason to visit. Most MOULa topics are discussed here, so those forums seem a bit redundant.

On the other hand, if there were IC postings from the DRC in those forums (not giving away any future plot developments, of course), people would be more likely to visit - again, providing people know about those forums.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Ahlisendar wrote:
Quote:
Tomala wrote:
You mean there is some form of consistency around here?

Yes, people are consistently let down.

Not even. Many people here aren't let down.
Therefore, I would say that things are consistently inconsistent 'round these parts.

Maybe you're not truly aware of the goings on around these parts - but, if you knew... if you knew... you'd be one of the ones being "let down" just like the rest of us.

Its a pity those that aren't, just don't really see what's actually going on. =)

And.. for a /brief/ moment, you all saw it - when the Myst Movie posts happened. Then, silenced. Just as it has been for years.

The Myst Movie drama was /not/ a unique occurrence. Things like that have been happening for /years/ around here. And none of you have /believed/ it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:45 pm 

kaelisebonrai wrote:

Maybe you're not truly aware of the goings on around these parts - but, if you knew... if you knew... you'd be one of the ones being "let down" just like the rest of us.

Its a pity those that aren't, just don't really see what's actually going on. =)

And.. for a /brief/ moment, you all saw it - when the Myst Movie posts happened. Then, silenced. Just as it has been for years.

The Myst Movie drama was /not/ a unique occurrence. Things like that have been happening for /years/ around here. And none of you have /believed/ it.

As someone who has had a thread removed (and just because I mention it, does not mean it is open for discussion)
and seen a friend's thread be removed just for mentioning my name, I believe it

btw, to the mod who removed my thread ... a PM to me about it would be nice ... just saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:32 pm 

There have been quite a few letdowns here, including the (often irrational) closing of threads which are indications of the systemic problems in this fanbase.

So yes, I believe it. There've been some bits of good news but also a lot of letdowns.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Please, can we stick to the topic in hand?
Chogon wrote:
If regular members want to use the DRC Site forum for discussions or there is any DRC activity then we can add something like the Explorers usergroup on the DRC site.

Well, do members want to use the DRC site for discussions or is it now an anachronism?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Three options, correct?
  1. Leave as is.
  2. Make read-only.
  3. Create new usergroup, and have Cyan (reseng) approval govern joining this group.
My preference is #3, as even just a trickle of use keeps certain options open. The question is whether #3 is too much work for that trickle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would like to see it brought back, and it seems a fair number of posters would also like to see it revived.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Would it be possible to create a link here at mystonline.com to the DRC site? I was thinking along the lines of a button or even a tab on the banner of this site.

Also, over at the DRC site itself, the Discussions button has been disabled, and, instead, the link to the forums is in the text! Any particular reason for that?

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Zardoz wrote:
  • Create new usergroup, and have Cyan (reseng) approval govern joining this group.
My preference is #3, as even just a trickle of use keeps certain options open.

This.

TOOO wrote:
...over at the DRC site itself, the Discussions button has been disabled, and, instead, the link to the forums is in the text! Any particular reason for that?

It's been like that since the page was created. I think at the time is was part of IC "Cate's" (Alexander) compromise after she stopped holding the DRC forums hostage. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Zardoz wrote:
  1. Leave as is.
I think you mean "Leave as was" since the current situation right now is your option 2, but I get your drift. I think option #1 is a non-starter: I just checked and the number of bogus account creations today is about double what it was last week :roll: So basically, the options are your #2 and #3.

TOOO wrote:
Would it be possible to create a link here at mystonline.com to the DRC site? I was thinking along the lines of a button or even a tab on the banner of this site.

Also, over at the DRC site itself, the Discussions button has been disabled, and, instead, the link to the forums is in the text! Any particular reason for that?
A button here is probably too much work (at minimum it'd need some re-jigging of the button graphics in all seven languages that are used) and the same goes for anything that means changing the "skin" of the forums. It'd be a neat thing to do, but probably not in the current climate.

I've often wondered about the "Discussion" button the DRCsite - maybe it was disabled back at the end of the Ubi days and when the forums were recreated it was just easier to put a link in the text than to try to reinstate the right graphics :? But that's a different discussion topic ;)

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:26 pm 

I don't think we need the DRC site, this site has turned into a centralized location for everything about the game... or at least for everything about this shard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
...this site has turned into a centralized location for everything about the game...

Yes indeed, and with the closing of the UO forums, it's sort of replaced them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

The DRC site was never intended to be about the game, it was intended to be a part of the game. The OOC subforum was added as a concession to the desire to conduct OOC commentary on ongoing IC events. Given that the canonical cavern is still ongoing, the DRC site can be viewed as part of that canon (as can, admittedly, everything else in the world), at least in terms of being a place where a post from a DRC member can occur. The question is whether there is enough IC interest in keeping the non-DRC sections open, not whether the site is or is not a central location for information about the game - it was never that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next