It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 pm 

Mysterium '06. T'was a delicious time. Ah, the memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've posted this link before:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/safety_fas ... 684360625/

My pics from Mysterium '06. Yes, it was a truly memorable weekend!

Shaeri, are you still there? Sorry your thread got derailed! You started us all down Memory Lane...

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:38 am 

veralun wrote:
Some footage from Mysterium 2006 part 1 (37 MB ) and Mysterium 2006 part 2 (12 MB)

Enjoy!

(FLV player needed)

I don't think I'll ever forget this Mysterium. :)

Mowog wrote:
I've posted this link before:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/safety_fas ... 684360625/

My pics from Mysterium '06. Yes, it was a truly memorable weekend!

Shaeri, are you still there? Sorry your thread got derailed! You started us all down Memory Lane...

Mowog

My word I LOOK SO YOUNG!!!!!

~Yeesha~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Hey I found one with me in it! With the epic purple hair I was sporting at the time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/safety_fas ... 1684360625

That was the best Mysterium I ever went to. I think in a way it was better than Mysterium 09.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 am 

Anyone got a temporal generator that we can use to go back and relive this?

~Yeesha~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:

Well, rumor has it that linking books can span time as well as distance. SO - somebody just needs to write a linking book to Spokane as it was in '06. One touch; voila!

;-)

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:08 pm 
Get Yeesha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 am 

Mowog wrote:
Quote:

Well, rumor has it that linking books can span time as well as distance. SO - somebody just needs to write a linking book to Spokane as it was in '06. One touch; voila!

;-)

Mowog

HAHA! Nice! :)

DLordofTime wrote:
Get Yeesha!

YES! :)

~Yeesha~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
DLordofTime wrote:
Get Yeesha!

I tried that, but got this message:

[spoiler]The Yeesha is too heavy to lift. Maybe you should stick to feathers. :P [/spoiler]

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh, my.

[spoiler]Apparently she's been putting on weight, then.[/spoiler]

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 pm 
Perhaps...

[spoiler]Did you check for extraneous Bah'ro?[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:19 am 

Oh my...

[spoiler]I suddenly feel worried about the woman I have been chasing for the past few years... [/spoiler]

~Yeesha~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:30 am 

Mowog, I'm still here. You know me, I'm knee deep in all sorts of stuff, so I'm a little sporadic.

Rhendalle, I miss hanging with J'nathus, Anthony, Mowog, Dalken, Ty, and the whole crew on TCT Talk, a lot. Even Narym with his four million, three hundred and seventy-two thousand....ahem...sorry... But, right now between trying to balance 100+ hours of work per week and 12 credit hours for the semester at UNLV, there's no way I could do it, there's just no time. I've got a million and two TJMOC's I'd love to do, but as I said, there's just no time.

I love, love, LOVE all of the great photos y'all have been posting and I nearly about keeled over when I saw Deius (hi sweetie!) post his medal that LordOwl made for the 2004 D'Olympics. Ah, those were the days, weren't they?

Here, I'll share with you what I consider my treat this semester. Journalism 447 at UNLV is called "Survey of Virtual Worlds and Social Media" and guess who's book they're using as the class textbook? Yep, she's listed in the Uru Credits book...Artemesia, our very own Dr. Celia Pearce's book "Communities of Play."

I have to tell you, it's a hoot taking a class when you're actually in the textbook. Made taking my mid-term really easy. LOL. Over the last two months I've lectured on being a part of the Diaspora twice, held two additional talks on immersion and workarounds...but here's the killer:

On the 30th at 3pm, I'll be in Dr. Daniel Stout's office talking about, get this: the spiritual aspects/seven virtues/Aristotelian mindset of being a part of the Myst Community, you know us, "the world the players wouldn't let die"... My whole semester has been spent thus far talking about everything and it's dog in regards to my tenure as a part of the community, from UruLive to the three waves of immigration, UntilUru, D'mala, There, GameTap, World of Warcraft (where I briefly spent time in a guild called 'Ahrotahntee'), but one thing remains:

Seven. Seven in each age. The Seven that is branded on my heart as a badge of honor for closing out my seventh year and going into my eighth as a member of the community. Thrilled that the cavern is the place that taught me the seven virtues that make the world, as someone who is now convinced my blood type is D'ni Positive, a wonderous place to be because wherever I go, the Cavern goes with me. And so do all of you.

Mmmmm. Chocolate orange!!! Thanks Dalken!

/me accidentally drops a bag of D'nitos marked "Cool Cleft Flavor".

/me sees RAWA and swoons.

KI: 839389

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

I admit I'm not around here as much as I should be, but holy cow is it good to see you Sh'aeri! Thanks for posting a lot of memories all as I don't have much of anything left from the past, but I will always consider the cavern a home to me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 am 

"Hi, I'm D'mala, and I'll be your server today."

Man, I miss Mysterium '06. I made it into quite a few pictures, too!

I too wish I could do all the things I used to do. I had to pull out of TCT a long time ago. Now that the GoG has all but collapsed, I find it hard to find time to get down to the Cavern. I'm taking six grad classes, TAing a seventh, and working through the last and hardest stage of my Candidacy process--it's all trying to kill me! But I have some awesome memories of the Cavern from the UU days when I joined up to the present: Cats and Wolfie (RIP), the D'ni Games (I still have my Videographer mug), two Mysteriums, Chicago and Spokane, meeting Rand Miller, parades, being blue. So many memories.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next