It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: How do you play Myst?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 am 

Just been wondering how everyone plays MOULA or any of the Myst games? As in do you get a nice cold drink or a hot cup of tea? Me personally I get a hot cup of tea, get in my most comfy clothes, get my Myst journal, and then click away taking time to enjoy the sights and sounds. I usually don't see many explorers do to the times I'm in the cavern(0200-0400 cavern time), but it's still nice to see everything.

MOULa KI # 04178211

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

For MOULa, I put a bullet in a pistol, spin the chamber, and pull the trigger. If it fires, I have to play MOULa. If not, I don't.

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tell myself that just chatting through Lyrobot's web interface doesn't count as playing Uru, so I log in using an internal client on Linux. I pop in for a few minutes if there aren't many people, look around, then log off... every week or so (usually). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:23 pm 

I, for one, like to wander the worlds of Myst under the influence of different mind-expanding substances. I find that this practice can help make the Ages seem fresh and vibrant each time... however, this is more suitable to do with Ages you've already solved, although it can be a pretty amusing experience to try and solve a complex puzzle when you're high (you'll often come up with ingenious solutions that are nowhere near something that could've been realistically programmed into the game)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, I like to use "mind expanding substances" too, it really makes opening and closing the doors in my neighbourhood a blast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 am 

Oh man, all the fun times I have playing Myst. I love to turn off the lights, snuggle up with a blanket, make myself a latte, plug in the headphones, and just explore. Scared myself silly once...was in Teledahn when a Bahro shrieked from what sounded like not even two feet behind me. Never had my volume turned up that louded to "immerse" ever again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:41 am 

crystal wrote:
Scared myself silly once...was in Teledahn when a Bahro shrieked from what sounded like not even two feet behind me. Never had my volume turned up that louded to "immerse" ever again.

ROFLMAO I gotta try that :P

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Waddya mean, "play"? Are you suggesting this place is just a *gasp!* game?

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:28 am 

So I see that some of you explore D'Ni with certain substances and I have to admit my "cold drinks" are in fact the fermented kind. But I usually explore with a cup of tea.

MOULa KI # 04178211

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Noved wrote:
So I see that some of you explore D'Ni with certain substances and I have to admit my "cold drinks" are in fact the fermented kind. But I usually explore with a cup of tea.

Oh, is that right?
I was actually kind of mocking JP...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:02 pm 

My computer is in my bedroom, I sometimes lie down in my bed when watching a long cut seen. I think I started this during a play-through of the Journeyman Project 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:13 pm 
I must admit that much of my Myst playing is on realMyst for a purpose shortly to be unveiled...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:19 pm 

Ahlisendar wrote:
I was actually kind of mocking JP...

My only advice to you is to keep an open mind. Anyone who is a fan of Myst should be interested in knowing that the exploration of "worlds beyond your imagination" is possible right here, outside the Cavern... and is usually much more interesting than looking at 3D models on a screen :wink:

The amount of misinformation that the US government has managed to spread on the subject of psychoactives is alarming, but with any luck this will change in the not-so-distant future

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:34 pm 

Noved wrote:
Just been wondering how everyone plays MOULA or any of the Myst games? As in do you get a nice cold drink or a hot cup of tea? Me personally I get a hot cup of tea, get in my most comfy clothes, get my Myst journal, and then click away taking time to enjoy the sights and sounds. I usually don't see many explorers do to the times I'm in the cavern(0200-0400 cavern time), but it's still nice to see everything.
I drink coffee because the Cavern (the City) tends to be a bit chilly.

TOOO wrote:
Waddya mean, "play"? Are you suggesting this place is just a *gasp!* game?

The Cavern is real.
The Cavern is real.
The Cavern is real.

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)
CT Hostess Susa'n KI#9122427 (member Cavern Tour's Hood)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]