It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Continued Poll: Which do you Prefer for fan ages?
Poll ended at Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:53 pm
A Library Alone- Books to use! 35%  35%  [ 16 ]
A Library with Nexus cataloging- two separate locations 65%  65%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 46
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
... Cyan, including RAWA, has accepted my revised proposal which summarizes community reaction
in the Fan Content thread and includes changes to the existing Nexus by fans using the source 3ds max models
and code to add an "Explorer Ages" tab, an easel with a caveat message, and a seal designed and selected by
fans. I talked at length about my summary points at this month's AGM. All we at OpenUru.org need to do is get
the license done and approved so you can work on the Nexus and get it installed into MOULa.

The Builder resistance to the original proposal was successful and resulted in what I believe is a better plan.
Kudos to them for standing up to be true to their values for positive change instead of accepting the first thing
that came along. Cyan has been supportive and positive throughout the process in the evolution of ideas and
has, in fact, never said no. With fan content, it is only us who say no to ourselves.

Now, that sounds really great ... Thanks for this promising update, JWPLatt ... :P

And a big Kudos and Hip Hip Hooray!!! to our resolute and thrustful builders, the H'Uru team and the age builders,
and of course, the OpenUru team, all at Cyan HQ and all passionate and dedicated fellow explorers working on
the development and progression on all of this here ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:13 pm 

This is fantastic news. A lot still needs to be done to complete the library and the nexus, but I think it'll end up being a great thing for players when both are released.

'BOTH' - a library, AND a new, modified nexus - seems to be the consensus of the fanbase, and it looks like Cyan Worlds is actively cooperating with that (instead of refusing to release the nexus content.)

As for the seal/stamp - I'll be sure to take note of whatever seal is selected by the community, and include it prominently in Sevkor.

:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2