It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:10 pm 

How do the shards work IC? Or do they not exist IC and we just pretend that all of the ages on the Gehn shard exist but we don't go to them when we are on other shards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:52 pm 

ICLY: I'd write it off as the same instancing mumbo jumbo we have normally, only on a slightly larger scale.

It's the same tree, we just branch off of it's "Prime" sooner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Shards and the Guilds are very much IC and important, Jamie ... :P

You are not so very much new anymore ... please, don't tell us you haven't
heard of the old ending with the astounding speech of Yeesha and the return
of Dr. Watson with an even more astounding and prominent Yeesha affirming
speech ... after so many years ... but if you really have no clue then please,
you're welcome to follow the given hints in those astounding speeches where
you'll find the official answers you're looking for ... 8)

Here are a few interesting quotes for your convenience and to whet your appetite
for the rest of the story ... Enjoy ... :D

'Destruction is coming ... Find a way, make a home' ... Yeesha ...

And Dr. Watson ... 'The Guilds are the answer' ... If things are going to be different this time around,
it's up to all of us, including you Explorers, to choose to be more responsible than the D'ni were at
the time of the Fall. Frankly, from what I've been hearing, ther are many Explorers who are not ready
for this responibility. And if their influences are allowed to taint the new Guilds, all our efforts are sure
to fail again.
What's the alternative? Learn to work together. Stop complaining when things are not exactly as you'd like
them to be. Stop bickering amon yourselves. Stop choosing to divide yourselves. There is much more at
stake here than our egos. You do have the ability to choose to work together. Make that choice.... Free will
is an incredible gift ...

I believe the Guilds are the key ... Yeesha has already been to hundreds of Ages, looking for something,
anything, that might help to end the Bahro conflict, or, at the very least, help to protect us from it in case
there comes a time when the "good" Bahro are no longer able to. As time passes, it grows increasingly
unlikely that anything is going to be found in an Age the D'ni have or had access to.

And so, we are going to need new Ages at some point. There are those among the Explorers who may
eventually be able to assist in that regard. That is the direction I believe we must take. The Guilds
(and even the Explorers who are not interested in joining a Guild) will have to work together: writing,
maintaining, mapping, and exploring those new Ages. It is a grand undertaking. And much of it
depends on you Explorers, and how well you choose to work together.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Gehn Shard is an alternate universe (think fan-fiction). This will be explained if we ever ramp our story (beyond lots of groaning in IRC)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:48 pm 

Although I don't personally recall such events as they supposedly transpired....
There are other Messengers and explorers who have assured me these "alternate Urus" do indeed exist.

At very least, adi claims to have met a female Nev'yn in a part of Ae'gura called "Vothal" which I have never personally explored. Apparently she was having technical issues with her KI device just before linking via the Nexus.
(The two incidents may or may be related.)

Be that as it may, I'll try to compile a story of such accounts from the GoMe archive sometime within the near future....

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

ICing Shards...

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 pm 

:lol: at Tweaks post, yah I know it's a bit overboard to have IC explanation of everything but I thought I would ask and see what people came up with. :) -- I was inspired when I saw Mac's PDF file, it made me think of the IC story again, something I haven't done since... well whatever the last IC event was.

@janaba1, I've heard those stories before around cavern which explain about Fan Ages but not shards. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

IC explanations about shards, instances, and anything else that's a game mechanic make me do the image Tweek posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Cool and funny lol ... :lol:

For me MOULa and the Shards belong together ... that they're not yet combined
as one with a main server and all else connected as also discussed years ago
that is something else ... :P

And as of fan ages, what do you think how we should all migrate there as recommended
by Yeesha and Dr. Watson? ... Ok, they didn't comment on this explicitly, but ages don't
hang in the air, so they must be implemented somewhere, like on the various shards, and
the idea of alternate universes is absolutely not very far-fetched, in the contrary, in relation
to the Great Tree of Possibilities and the foundational laws of quantum physics, and this is
not even fan fiction, this is our very own reality (even when this is all an illusion in reality lol)
here in RL ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:02 pm 

The idea of alternate universes is not only not far-fetched, it is, in fact, exactly what an Age is. One Age only exists in our universe--Earth (however you name it). Ever other Age is in its own universe along the Great Tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:08 pm 
According to one theory...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]