It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Player
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:31 am 

Hi,
I just started playing last week, it's all a bit new and confusing to me although I have played through Myst some years ago. I bought the complete version and have played through the first three ages, but like like the idea of playing online as I've done with games like wow or perfect world. I have had a good look around the cavern but unless I'm on at the wrong times (late at night) it all seems very quiet and I haven't managed to speak with any other players yet. Where is the best place and time for me to meet up with others and ask for help if needed? Thanks in advance. :)

Post subject: Re: New Player
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah and a warm welcome Alryn!

If you haven't already discovered this, the Ae'gura plaza (near the museum) is a popular gathering place for people to meet and chat.

You will find the bulk of explorers are from the Americas, though there are plenty of folk from the rest of the world who frequent the cavern too, including a number of explorers from your "neck of the woods" (AlanD, KathAveara and Mac_Fife come to mind right away). The forums are a great place to meet others and schedule a day/time to meet in cavern.

Many of us don't get down below very regularly anymore but do attend special events (announced in the Events section here). But in general, weekends tend to be busier in the cavern than work days for obvious reasons.

If you like, you might try posting the times and days of week you are usually in cavern so folks can see when they can meet up with you. BTW, people most often post times in either UTC or KI format (US MST, the local time at the cavern). You can find online time translators to help you with calculating your available times if need be.

I think you will find people here are eager to help out while making a new friend. :)

Again, welcome to the community!! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Welcome Alryn

Ainia reply is excellent. Besides the Americans, there are plenty of player from Europe and a regular group from "down under" so you should normally find some folks in the Plaza. Just one caveat (and I know it is a "spoiler" but it shouldn't be... There are two versions of the City, Ae'gura: one is Public (anyone can visit), it is reached by using the Nexus (via a book in your Hood or Bevin's bookroom or a yellow book on your Relto bookshelf); and one is Private (only you or your fellow Hood members can visit) and that is reached by using a Bahro stone (one is in your Hood's bookroom) or by using the brown book on your Relto bookshelf.
The Private version is useful if you don't want to run into folks. But if you need help or just want to say "Hey!" then come visit us in the Public version.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:26 pm 

Thank you both for your replies,

What is shorah, I'm assuming it's hello in dni? now you mention it someone did say 'shorah' but I didn't have a clue what it meant sorry.
I found the private version of the city, very useful when you just want to explore, I'm a bit slow so that's useful. I'm on mostly from 10pm UTC +1 or BST until the early hours but do go on at other times most days, please say hi if you see me :)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Alryn wrote:
What is shorah, I'm assuming it's hello in dni?

Shorah and welcome to the Uru community, Alryn! :)

Shorah is "peace" in D'ni, but we use it as a greeting and a goodbye like Aloha is used in Hawaii.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:23 pm 

Wecome to MOULa - Alryn. If you want to read up about histortical things that have taken place in cavern check out Hertiage Night:
http://heritagenight.wordpress.com/
My 5th event of the season will be soon, you can read about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=27182

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:25 pm 

Welcome....If I catch you on I will gladly give you a few start up pointers and send a few simplified help notes. Add me to your bud list if you like and shout if you see me around.
KI # 16195216

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alryn,

If you post your KI number (ID), as angelmyst has, people can add you to their "Buddies" list and they can tell that you are online, where you are, and text you across the Ages. These are some of the functions of the KI, and just one reason you need to find it for the online version.

-Pinkutus & the Borg

Ad astra
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Don't forget there's a notebook in the Classroom in the Hood that contains instructions for using your KI.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]