It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:56 am 

So, I don't really know if there is a correct place for this topic. If so, then mods feel free to move this. But I've been wondering something. We have a couple fan shards going these days and a lot of improvements have been made. Most notably (in my experience anyway) on the Gehn Shard. I am curious though, will we be getting any of these updates to the main MOULA shard?

Thanks guys!

Regards
~Ty~

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes. Here are some lists of improvements that have been incorporated into MOULa in the past. Some proposed future ones can be found here and here. One that’s not there yet but that I have practically ready is the KI text shadows.

The reason why they are so few compared to what’s available on Gehn and other shards is that the codebase for Gehn (H-uru/Plasma) has been updated to be convenient to work on with modern tools, so most improvements are initially made there, while the codebase for MOULa (CWE-ou) needs to stay compatible with Cyan’s antiquated build system and therefore is a bit of a hassle to work with. The effect is that many contributors don’t feel like porting their work over from H-uru/Plasma to CWE-ou, from where it would be tested on the Minkata shard and proposed to Cyan for inclusion in MOULa.

In addition, right now, the pipeline for contributions from CWE-ou to MOULa is stalled waiting for action from Cyan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:35 pm 

Christian Walther wrote:
Yes. Here are some lists of improvements that have been incorporated into MOULa in the past. Some proposed future ones can be found here and here. One that’s not there yet but that I have practically ready is the KI text shadows.

The reason why they are so few compared to what’s available on Gehn and other shards is that the codebase for Gehn (H-uru/Plasma) has been updated to be convenient to work on with modern tools, so most improvements are initially made there, while the codebase for MOULa (CWE-ou) needs to stay compatible with Cyan’s antiquated build system and therefore is a bit of a hassle to work with. The effect is that many contributors don’t feel like porting their work over from H-uru/Plasma to CWE-ou, from where it would be tested on the Minkata shard and proposed to Cyan for inclusion in MOULa.

In addition, right now, the pipeline for contributions from CWE-ou to MOULa is stalled waiting for action from Cyan.

Gotcha and gotcha. Thanks for the info. :)

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:37 am 
Obduction Backer

GREAT reply, Christian!
You packed so much accurate information into a few sentences!
The best explanation of the tech pipeline I've ever seen.

your fan,
Emor

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]