It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:23 pm 

I recently looked into my KI images file for URU in my PC, I found something which in all probabilities is an Unidentified Flying Object or (UFO). I don't remember taking the Ki shots as both images were rather hastily taken when I heard an unusual rumbling sound on my way to the Library going down the stairs to the terrace. I went into first person and saw nothing but faint lights and a darkness. Although there was a presence as the mechanical rumbling sounds could still be audible.

I do not know how to put the images here in the forum.
I do not even know if doing so would be proper.

However my e-mail addy is [email protected] say HELLO and I would gladly reply by sending the images for your perusal.

To my surprise I have these images I must have accidentally taken when the event took place.
What are these objects? Why are they hovering near the Library? One of the pictures show the top of the building Library's lights.

Why were they not visible to me or perhaps I just totally missed it looking upwards I do not know?
I asked the old timers but none of them seemed to know anything about this. Which is the reason I am trying to post the pictures here if i could be allowed to do so.

Is it a mere case of mixology ( but from which age?) or are they really there?

Can anyone give a lucid explanation to this phenomena?
Has anyone else documented the "presence" of this Spacecraft which I have encountered?

All information would be helpful and thanks in advance?

Melchizedek :?:

Last edited by Melchizedek on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:58 pm 

The only thing I can think of is this :

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=26877

It seems from the last month or so that the rule on this forum has been clarified to:
What is pertaining solely to Cyan's MOULa shard is allowed here.
Everything pertaining to any other shard is not allowed anymore.

If you saw your "UFO" in MOULa then it's ok to talk about it on the forum and post pictures.

It might be something for a mixology. Do you remember where you have been before that encounter? Remember that mixology follows you until you quit the game.

Instructions on how to put images:
1) find a image hosting website, I personally use "HostingPics" as it is free to use
2) upload your KI picture, the web service will give you a "forum link" among other...
3) take that link (the url to your picture), do not take the direct link as people will have to link to the web service to see the picture, annoying to say the least.
something like 'http://HostingPics.img123.img123.jpg/
4) you put all that inside BBCode '[' ']' Img or you can use the button called "Img" about the box when you write a message. If you want to hide it, use '[' ']' spoiler. I hope it's clear because I can't show you BBCode since BBCode thinks I'm using it... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Text inside the code tag is not interpreted :wink:
Code:
[spoiler=caption][img]http://url/of/image.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

It’s advisable not to post emails like that, it attracts spam.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:07 pm 

My thanks to you Annabelle for your reply to put some sense into my experience.

Using my main avatar as Melchizedek my KI number is 12844291.
I have been playing MOULa for about six years now.

I had been away for sometime due to my health issues in RL.
Thus this thing which I experience is nothing close to the Cleft Mixologies you shared.

This one had a "RUMBLING" sound very distinct to hear on that part of the descent from the stairs going to the Library. And by no means was it stationary either as my pictures would show it moving judging from the distance from the Library top lights on the backdrop.

I play the the Magicworlds and the "Craft" I encountered is nothing I have ever seen either in Magic BOT or the Magic Treasure Ages. It was nothing familiar like the bahro wedge you showed at the Cleft.
On the picture it had a rather CLOSE ENCOUNTERS type of apparition.

The pictures would be the only proof I have for others to provide a more conclusive explanation.
I will try the procedure you gave to enable me to post it here without any problems hopefully.

I was at open D'ni Aegura using the Nexus from Relto book at the time this occurred which dropped me to Tokatah Alley, any mixologies from the Treasure Age was remote for it would have manifested itself right at the start.

As it does when coming from winter Teledahn in Magiwords the Ice effects are visible in my Relto.
And there was that rumbling sound like the spooky thing you hear when switching ages on Ahnonay only more intense like an earthquake.

I hope someone could post it for me here. My Uru game email addy is [email protected] I will not compromise this email of mine by sending a snake oil image. I simply feel and want to get to the bottom of this.

Shorah

Melchizedek

This "event" if I could call it that happened as I logged in and went directly to the city to continue the quest. Thus the possibility of a mixology event is somewhat out of the equation for me unless a better explanation could be given about the "CRAFT" I took pictures with my KI. I totally dismissed the event till I saw the images on my KI images files for Uru in my PC.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Melchizedek on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:39 pm 

Here is photo number one: [img][IMG]http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah318/melchizedek1/KIimage0078_zps889dbf09.jpg[/img][/img]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:45 pm 

Here is the other photo from my Ki:[img][IMG]http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah318/melchizedek1/KIimage0079_zps7abb7456.jpg[/img][/img]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looks like the Great Shaft from below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Yup, that's a UFO, alright. :wink:

Seriously, Melchizedek, as korovev advised, it's not wise to post your e-mail address - at least not exactly as it is - or you may soon find your inbox filled with spam very quickly. If you really must share it, then write it as "gwl8156 at gmail dot com" so that only humans can decipher it.

@Annabelle, I believe the issue of not being allowed to discuss legitimate shards here was a misunderstanding.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:31 pm 

Talahr I altered the email addy as you suggested thank you.

Mr.Korovev your observations appear to make sense for it explains the rumbling sounds. Perhaps the bottom of the Great shaft is that center circular terrace before the Library!!

Aha good Trivia if we can prove it!

Thanks people never think you saw it all at Uru eh? :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Great Shaft is many miles away from the Library :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
@Annabelle, I believe the issue of not being allowed to discuss legitimate shards here was a misunderstanding.

Hannah keeps closing threads that talk about other shards. Even the latest she locked down was about the testing shard of OU.org :!: It doesn't look to me as a misunderstanding.

Anyway, that's not the main object of this topic. I confirm what others said before, your "UFO" is an "IFO" (Identificable Flying Object). It's the great shaft that came with you after a mixology.

@Tai'lahr: ...thinking of it, maybe you meant "You, as in Annabelle, misunderstood his, as in Melchizedek, sayings". If that so, then OK, I misunderstood.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
See that as an early warning just in case of ... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:44 am 

It is in most probability the Great shaft looking from it from below at ground zero.

I must however disagree with the thought it was a mixology I was no where near doing the Shaft at the time and of course the rumblings sound so audible you could feel it. A great mixie if it ever was.Which it ain't.

Anyhow I think many will be going by the Library hoping to chance on it again.
In my case there were several times I recall hearing the rumblings but I just completely ignored them as I ran by the area.

Again gratitude for the comments to everybody.

Melchizedek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:15 pm 

There are numerous 'glitches' that can follow you after you have been spending time with a bot. I purposely hang with the bot to see what interesting effects follow me to get some wild pictures. I have had critters from the pods, ice, fences from Cleft, and numerous other fun glitches in my relto.
I also like to take pictures as I 'fall through' an area and see it from the bottom side. These shots give me ideas for my adventures, which I have been taking in my spare time. I still have yet to finish transcribing the notes from my last adventure, it took a sad twist, as any of my readers will find, hopefully this week, in Angelmyst's adventures, Into the Deep... :-)

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Melchizedek wrote:
A great mixie if it ever was.Which it ain't.

When you see a part of an Age in another one it doesn’t belong to, that is called a mixology (and yes, this includes sounds too).
Have you been in a magic Age during that session? Have you ever seen it again?
Note that just logging out won’t reset the mixologies, you need to close and re-launch the game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]