It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: IC Hub?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:50 pm 

Hello all. I'm curious if there's a site everyone goes to when they want to be IC. It used to be the DRC forums, but they don't seem to be used as anything but an archive now. Being gone so long, I'm not sure where everyone goes or whether people just go into the Cavern to be IC.

Post subject: Re: IC Hub?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I've seen a lot of IC sites in the course of my research, but they all seem to be either topic-specific or gathering dust. It seems all the current IC people have their own sites or blogs. You could look over the rel.to list of Explorer Communities, Groups And Organizations and see if any fit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah there isn't really an IC forum around anymore.

It's a shame the DRC forums are read only, would be handy to use them again for IC stuff (I'd personally keep the OOC areas locked as we have the Cyan and MOUL forums for OOC discussions).

I'd be somewhat tempted to put the Beneath forums back up, but I'm not really sure there is enough interest in IC stuff for it to be worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Welcome back, Whilyam! It's great to see a new post from a vet. Several people have recently inquired about places where they can engage in IC conversations/content especially in the cavern. As I recall, the answers have been rather vague. Personally, I'd love to have a good IC chat in-game, even more so since the recent commotion. I've been batting around an IC theory about Ae'gura ever since the great bahro scream of 2006 booted everyone out and this event is a good excuse to see what someone else thinks of my hypothesis. It's crazy, out-there stuff that will undoubtedly be swatted down as preposterous, but it has the potential of being an entertaining IC talk up until the point I'm told my theory is crazy. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 pm 

You could try posting in the 'creative' section.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think it would be better suited to somewhere where it won't get buried in other posts unrelated to the subject to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:05 pm 

I agree but can think of no 'better place' :(

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, maybe if this catches miss Hannah's attenton, we can plead the case for a completely IC section, because I really would like a solid, thriving IC community, too.

*Waves a little cyan coloured flag*

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 pm 

Eleri wrote:
Well, maybe if this catches miss Hannah's attenton, we can plead the case for a completely IC section, because I really would like a solid, thriving IC community, too.

*Waves a little cyan coloured flag*

Honestly, I'd like the DRC forums made so we can post again. This forum is cluttered enough as is, IMO. Plus, I know this community has "issues" with IC and OOC being near each other.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:22 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

The DRC forums were locked down mainly because they were starting to get hammered by the spambots. A secondary factor was that they had become virtually unused by the legitimate members by then.

At the time, Chogon mentioned that they could be re-enabled (using an "Explorers" group like there is here as a spambot blocker), if the fans demonstrated that there was a real desire for the service. I'd think that's preferable to an IC section on these forums. There have been a couple of "nudges" at that since, but nothing that gathered enough momentum to really attract Cyan's attention.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd love to see an IC hub as well. I also agree about the DRC forums. I never had much time before to post much over there, but I would now.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 am 

I have tried a few times to go into Cavern, IC. I would love to go this round totally IC. At this point I just have located my KI. I have had little time to do much else. I am preparing for another adventure...so IC will be the life for me!!

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:53 pm 

IC is a state of mind. I never come into Uru without it. I'd like to second (or third, or whatever) the motion for an IC place to talk. (Who mentioned Antarctica?) I don't particularly mind where it ends up being.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:46 am 

Whilyam wrote:
Honestly, I'd like the DRC forums made so we can post again. This forum is cluttered enough as is, IMO. Plus, I know this community has "issues" with IC and OOC being near each other.

Trust me, I've learned of this the hard way. I try to stay IC while I'm "on-duty" in the cavern, or posting in the GoMe front pages. I feel it's all part and parcel with the experience of meeting a Crier passing out the news.

(/shrug)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:52 am 

IC talk is my jam. I love that sort of stuff, and Uru is the perfect game when it comes to all the things that you could talk about (IC hats on) with other explorers.