It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How bad is this on a scale of 1 to 5?
1 - I don't think I can continue 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
2 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
3 - Mixed feelings 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
4 19%  19%  [ 18 ]
5 - It doesn't bother me 56%  56%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 94
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:20 am 
Obduction Backer

dj_ wrote:
Is this a fresh reset that has happened in the last few days

There are several threads addressing this issue...I'm sorry,, I am not forum savvy to direct you to those...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:55 am 
Obduction Backer

dj_ wrote:
Is this a fresh reset that has happened in the last few days. I am still getting authentication fails when I want to play.

There was only one vault wipe but some people are coming to it later than others - this thread is one example.

There has been occasional downtime since the wipe, either planned maintenance or unplanned crashes. But they have been of short duration, so I guess there is something else going on with you, dj.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 pm 

dj_ wrote:
Is this a fresh reset that has happened in the last few days. I am still getting authentication fails when I want to play.

Have a look here re: in Login Problems section...
viewtopic.php?p=318227#p318227

Double check if your firewall will accept/let pass UruLauncher & UruExplorer .exe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is that thread still needed? Wow!!! 2010

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Taking the thread question literally: Sure, it's worth starting again! Make an avatar. Poke around Relto. Visit the City. It'll be fun.

Now, is it worth doing *everything* again? Different question! Maybe not. Maybe it is, for you. Do as much as you feel like. You're not being graded here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

5 - It doesn't bother me

A few years ago, I might have been kinda upset about losing all my progress. After being involved in standalone URU from the beginning, and MOUL since right before GameTap, however, I'm not bothered in the slightest to start anew - again.

If you're new to MOULa, try not to let it bother you too much - all the puzzles you've solved are re-solvable, the friends you made are still around, the regular events are still happening. Just try to take it in stride - fresh starts are needed periodically, IMHO.

As for me, I think I may completely skip marker missions this go-'round (not my favorite part of the game, anyway), and just concentrate on getting my Relto the way I want it.

[MOULa KI #00075975]
[MOUL KI #00676569]
Member in good standing of the URU Karaoke Community

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:43 am 

belford wrote:
Taking the thread question literally: Sure, it's worth starting again! Make an avatar. Poke around Relto. Visit the City. It'll be fun.

Now, is it worth doing *everything* again? Different question! Maybe not. Maybe it is, for you. Do as much as you feel like. You're not being graded here.

Bravo, I totally agree. It was worth it to me to create a new avatar and claim my user identity, then grab a KI and check for messages and people. That's all I felt compelled to do at first, and I haven't returned yet.

As for the *everything* question, I can see this as a clean slate and an opportunity to finally CATCH UP to all those people who made me feel unworthy because I was so far behind them. Is it too late? Never!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:39 am 

Honestly.. the only thing I miss, is my Minkata marker game.

I know there's probably one out there I could get, one designed by someone else which is probably a little more accurate... a little smoother...

But honestly, making the darn thing.. HUNDREDS of markers, all of them about 9 or 10 steps apart, to guide you, in a perfect cheat-sheet. When I finished the darn thing, I felt a sense of accomplishment ALMOST on par with how I felt when I finally got back into
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The Cleft

Yeah, I am gonna re-do the whole game, eventually. But it's not likely I'll remake my Minkata marker game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:45 pm 

I can understand if people don't want to start over. I don't get that much 'replay' value out of URU.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Honestly.. the only thing I miss, is my Minkata marker game.

I know there's probably one out there I could get, one designed by someone else which is probably a little more accurate... a little smoother...

But honestly, making the darn thing.. HUNDREDS of markers, all of them about 9 or 10 steps apart, to guide you, in a perfect cheat-sheet. When I finished the darn thing, I felt a sense of accomplishment ALMOST on par with how I felt when I finally got back into
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The Cleft

Yeah, I am gonna re-do the whole game, eventually. But it's not likely I'll remake my Minkata marker game.

I can totally understand being bummed about losing all of that work. That sounds like a GREAT marker mission, and I wish I had had a chance to try it out.

Jamie Marchant wrote:
I can understand if people don't want to start over. I don't get that much 'replay' value out of URU.

Agreed - after playing URU for more than 10 years, re-solving various aspects can feel like a chore. Fortunately, I usually let enough time go by between restarts that I forget a lot of the solutions, and they almost seem new again. Of course, that could just be the ravages of age...

[MOULa KI #00075975]
[MOUL KI #00676569]
Member in good standing of the URU Karaoke Community

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:46 pm 

Turns out I had somehow messed with my login credentials for the game, and thought it was the same as my login creds for this forum.

All is well. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:17 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

An easy mistake, especially if you normally have your game login saved.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:32 pm 

Yeah I wish there where the same but then you would be limited to one MOULa account.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:51 pm 

I finally successfully installed and got in the game. I've played through some of it before about a couple years ago. I'm glad it's back online. I was gonna post in this forum asking how I get in past the "Initializing patcher" thing. But I got past it when the CAVCON thing went to 4.5. I was gonna ask if that had anything to do with it but I'm in the game now so it's fine.

For me it's worth it. I like the story stuff. I often just have a walk through on my tablet while playing. I'm more into the clever visuals and sounds of games like this. I'm not into puzzles that look like Sudoku with weird symbols. I like virtual scenery and exploring dimensional areas.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:17 am 

In one word - YES

PS: Not only have I seen new avvies popping up lately - I have been running into a lot of old avvies I haven't said shorah too in ages. Kinda makes me glad for that unintended glitch that led to the wipe. :wink:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next